To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: Maxima / Nissan Motor Corporation, Ltd
1999 Nissan Maxima GXE
1999 Nissan Maxima SE
1999 Nissan Maxima GLE
2000 Nissan Maxima GXE
2000 Nissan Maxima SE
2000 Nissan Maxima GLE
2001 Nissan Maxima GXE
2001 Nissan Maxima SE
2001 Nissan Maxima GLE
2002 Nissan Maxima GXE
2002 Nissan Maxima SE
2002 Nissan Maxima GLE
2003 Nissan Maxima GXE
2003 Nissan Maxima SE
2003 Nissan Maxima GLE
Production/model years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get an OEM Nissan Maxima Manual: Download the Complete Engine Specifications"
Discover the comprehensive engine specifications and technical data for the 1999-2003 Nissan Maxima. From power output to torque figures, these details will provide you with a deep understanding of this iconic vehicle. Additionally, we will explore maintenance intervals, general maintenance tips, common issues, and their solutions, ensuring you have the knowledge to keep your Nissan Maxima running smoothly. Furthermore, we will discuss popular tuning tips, compatible accessories and attachments, owner reviews, and key repairs for this model. Finally, don't miss out on the opportunity to buy a detailed shop handbook in PDF format, which will serve as a valuable resource for your Nissan Maxima.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 1999-2003 Nissan Maxima is equipped with a 3.0-liter V6 engine.
• This engine produces an impressive power output of 222 horsepower.
• It delivers a torque of 217 lb-ft.
• The Maxima has a compression ratio of 10.3:1.
• It features a double overhead camshaft (DOHC) configuration.
• The engine has 24 valves in total, with four valves per cylinder.
• Fuel delivery is managed by electronic fuel injection (EFI).
• The Nissan Maxima employs a front-wheel drive system.
• It utilizes a four-speed automatic transmission.
• The engine has a redline set at 6,600 RPM.
• It is capable of accelerating from 0 to 60 mph in around 7 seconds.
• The 1999-2003 Maxima boasts a top speed of approximately 135 mph.
• The bore and stroke of the engine measure 93mm and 73.3mm, respectively.
• It operates on a sequential multi-point fuel injection system.
• The recommended fuel type for this engine is regular unleaded gasoline.
• The Maxima's engine displacement is 2988 cc.
• It features a platinum-tipped spark plug configuration.
• The ignition system is electronically controlled.
• The engine incorporates an aluminum cylinder block and cylinder heads.
• It has a fully pressurized cooling system with a belt-driven water pump.
• The Nissan Maxima utilizes a MacPherson strut front suspension.
• The rear suspension consists of a multi-link design.
• It is equipped with front and rear stabilizer bars for improved handling.
• The turning circle diameter of the Maxima is approximately 36.1 feet.
• The engine is compliant with California's Low-Emission Vehicle (LEV) standards.
Facts and Details:
- The 1999-2003 Maxima falls under the A33 generation of the model.
- It was available in three trim levels: GXE, SE, and GLE.
- The Maxima offers a spacious interior with comfortable seating for up to five passengers.
- It features a sleek and aerodynamic design, with a distinctive grille and body lines.
- The Maxima's interior is well-appointed, with premium materials and modern features.
- Safety features include dual front airbags, side-impact airbags, and antilock brakes.
- The Maxima offers a generous trunk space of approximately 15 cubic feet.
- It features power-adjustable front seats for personalized comfort.
- The vehicle comes with standard power windows, mirrors, and door locks.
- The Maxima incorporates a 60/40 split-folding rear seat, expanding cargo versatility.
- It is equipped with a reliable and efficient braking system.
- The Maxima offers a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to its suspension setup.
- It has excellent handling capabilities, providing a sporty driving experience.
- The Maxima's fuel efficiency ranges from approximately 19-24 mpg in combined driving conditions.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular oil changes should be performed every 3,000-5,000 miles or as per the manufacturer's recommendation.
► Air filter replacement is advised every 15,000-30,000 miles, depending on driving conditions.
► Coolant should be flushed and replaced every 60,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Timing belt replacement is necessary at around 105,000 miles or as indicated in the owner's manual.
► Spark plugs should be replaced every 60,000 miles to ensure optimal engine performance.
► Proper tire maintenance, including regular rotations and alignments, is essential for even wear and extended tire life.
► Check the vehicle's suspension components for wear and ensure proper alignment for a smooth ride.
► Inspect and replace worn brake pads and rotors to maintain safe braking performance.
► Common issues with the 1999-2003 Maxima include ignition coil failures and issues with the Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor.
► Solutions to ignition coil failures involve replacing the faulty coil with a high-quality OEM or aftermarket replacement.
► MAF sensor issues can often be resolved by cleaning the sensor or replacing it if necessary.
Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Follow the recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the owner's manual.
2. Regularly check fluid levels, including engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and power steering fluid.
3. Inspect and maintain the vehicle's tires, including proper inflation and tread depth.
4. Keep the exterior and interior of the car clean to prevent the accumulation of dirt and debris.
5. Address any issues promptly by consulting a certified mechanic or dealership for professional assistance.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
■ Upgrade the exhaust system to improve engine performance and add a sportier sound.
■ Install a cold air intake system for increased airflow and potential power gains.
■ Consider aftermarket suspension upgrades to enhance handling and reduce body roll.
■ Upgrading the braking system with high-performance pads and rotors can improve stopping power.
■ Install a performance chip or ECU reflash for optimized engine performance.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Floor mats and cargo liners
+ Car covers for outdoor protection
+ Seat covers for added comfort and protection
+ Custom wheels and rims for a personalized look
+ Spoilers and body kits for enhanced aerodynamics and style
+ Roof racks and cargo carriers for additional storage options
+ Bluetooth car kits for hands-free communication
+ Upgraded audio systems and speakers
+ LED lighting upgrades for improved visibility
+ Performance air filters and intake kits
+ Performance exhaust systems
+ Navigation systems and GPS units
+ Remote start systems for convenience
+ Window tinting and sunshades for added privacy and sun protection
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Powerful V6 engine with good acceleration
☺ Comfortable and spacious interior
☺ Smooth and sporty handling
☺ Well-designed and stylish exterior
☺ Reliable and durable construction
☻ Some owners report issues with the ignition coils and MAF sensor
☻ Fuel economy could be better
☻ Limited rear-seat headroom for taller passengers
The 1999-2003 Nissan Maxima offers a compelling combination of performance, comfort, and style. With its powerful V6 engine, sporty handling, and well-appointed interior, it provides an enjoyable driving experience. While there are a few common issues to be aware of, proper maintenance and prompt resolution can ensure the longevity of this vehicle. With a range of available accessories and the option to purchase a detailed shop manual in PDF format, owners have the resources to enhance and maintain their Nissan Maxima effectively.
Frequently Repaired Parts and Common Breakages:
→ Ignition coils: These can fail over time, causing engine misfires and poor performance.
→ Mass Air Flow (MAF) sensor: Issues with the MAF sensor can result in rough idling and decreased fuel efficiency.
→ Oxygen sensors: These can wear out and cause issues with fuel economy and emissions.
→ Timing belt: If not replaced at the recommended intervals, a worn timing belt can lead to engine damage.
→ Suspension components: Ball joints, control arms, and sway bar links may require replacement due to wear and tear.
→ Brakes: Brake pads and rotors often wear out and need replacement after extended use.
→ Radiator: Leaks or cooling system issues can occur, requiring repairs or replacement.
→ Power window regulators: These components may fail, resulting in malfunctioning windows.
→ Fuel pump: A failing fuel pump can cause starting and performance issues.
→ Wheel bearings: Over time, wheel bearings can wear out and require replacement.
→ CV joints and drive shafts: These components may experience wear and need repair or replacement.
→ A/C compressor: Issues with the A/C compressor can result in a lack of cold air or complete failure.
→ Power steering pump: Leaks or failure in the power steering pump can lead to difficulty steering.
Purchase the PDF manual for your Nissan Maxima by simply clicking the green button. Click on the green button to buy the detailed shop handbook in PDF format for your Nissan, providing you with valuable information. Upon completing your payment, the checkout page will display your download link for the original Nissan shop manual/parts list. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation for your convenience.