To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: Lancer / Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer ES
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer DE
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS
2008 Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution
Production/model years: 2008
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get a PDF Repair Manual for Your Mitsubishi Lancer - Explore Detailed Information and Specifications"
If you own a Mitsubishi Lancer from the year 2008 and are in need of a reliable resource for repair and maintenance, look no further. Now, you can easily obtain a comprehensive repair manual in PDF format that will assist you in keeping your Mitsubishi Lancer running smoothly. This detailed guide provides valuable information, engine specifications, and technical data to help you tackle any repair or maintenance task on your 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer is equipped with a range of engine options.
• Engine options include a 2.0-liter inline-four engine and a 2.4-liter inline-four engine.
• Horsepower ranges from 152 to 168 hp, depending on the engine variant.
• Torque output ranges from 146 to 167 lb-ft, depending on the engine variant.
• The Lancer offers both manual and automatic transmission options.
• Fuel efficiency varies depending on the engine and transmission combination.
• The Lancer utilizes a front-wheel-drive system.
• The suspension system consists of MacPherson struts in the front and a multi-link setup in the rear.
• The Lancer is equipped with disc brakes on all four wheels for optimal stopping power.
• It features electric power-assisted steering for precise handling.
• The Lancer offers a spacious interior with comfortable seating for up to five passengers.
• The trunk capacity ranges from 11.6 to 12.3 cubic feet, depending on the trim level.
• The vehicle dimensions include an overall length of approximately 180 inches, width of 69 inches, and height of 59 inches.
• The Lancer comes with various safety features, including multiple airbags, stability control, and anti-lock braking system (ABS).
• It features a modern and sleek exterior design, with stylish headlights and taillights.
Facts and Details:
- The 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer received a complete redesign, featuring a more aggressive and aerodynamic exterior.
- The Lancer is known for its sporty handling and responsive steering.
- It offers a comfortable and well-designed interior with modern features and technology.
- The Lancer is available in multiple trim levels, offering different features and options to suit various preferences.
- The 2008 model introduced the high-performance Lancer Evolution X variant, known for its turbocharged engine and rally-inspired capabilities.
- The Lancer received positive reviews for its reliable performance, fuel efficiency, and affordability.
- Mitsubishi implemented advanced safety features in the Lancer, making it a secure and reliable choice for drivers.
- The Lancer offers a comfortable ride with well-tuned suspension, suitable for daily commuting and longer trips.
Regular maintenance intervals for the 2008 Mitsubishi Lancer include:
► Oil and filter change: Every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or as recommended in the owner's manual.
► Air filter replacement: Every 15,000 to 30,000 miles, depending on driving conditions.
► Spark plug replacement: Every 60,000 to 100,000 miles, depending on the type of spark plugs used.
► Brake fluid replacement: Every 30,000 miles or as recommended in the owner's manual.
► Timing belt replacement: Varies depending on the engine variant and the manufacturer's recommendation.
General Maintenance Tips:
* Regularly check tire pressure and ensure proper inflation for optimal performance and fuel efficiency.
* Inspect and replace worn-out wiper blades for clear visibility during rain or snow.
* Keep the vehicle clean, both inside and out, to maintain its appearance and prevent rust.
* Follow the recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the owner's manual.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Engine misfires: This could be caused by spark plug issues or fuel delivery problems. Replace faulty spark plugs and ensure the fuel system is clean and functioning properly.
■ Suspension noises: Check for worn-out suspension components such as bushings or shock absorbers. Replace as necessary.
■ Electrical issues: Common electrical problems include faulty switches, fuses, or wiring. Inspect the electrical system and address any damaged components or wiring.
■ Brake problems: Brake squeaking or vibrations may indicate worn brake pads or warped rotors. Replace brake pads and resurface or replace the rotors if needed.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Upgrading the exhaust system for improved sound and performance.
+ Installing a cold air intake system to enhance airflow and increase horsepower.
+ Upgrading the suspension components for better handling and stability.
+ Adding a performance chip or ECU tuning to optimize engine performance.
+ Upgrading the wheels and tires for improved aesthetics and grip.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
♦ Performance exhaust systems from brands like MagnaFlow and Borla.
♦ Cold air intake kits from companies such as K&N and AEM.
♦ Suspension upgrades including coilovers, sway bars, and strut braces.
♦ Performance chips and ECU tuning options from companies like Cobb and EcuTek.
♦ Exterior accessories such as spoilers, body kits, and aftermarket headlights.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Sporty handling, stylish design, good fuel efficiency, reliable performance.
☻ Weaknesses: Interior materials can feel cheap, limited rear legroom, road noise at higher speeds.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Parts that Often Break:
→ Brake pad and rotor replacement.
→ Suspension component replacements.
→ Spark plug replacement.
→ Clutch replacement.
→ Timing belt and water pump replacement.
→ Control arm and bushing replacements.
→ Ignition coil and spark plug wire replacements.
Download the comprehensive shop manual by clicking on the Mitsubishi manual download button. Once your payment is complete, you will find the download link for the official Mitsubishi OEM shop manual and parts list on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you with payment and download information.