To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: RX 125 / Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd
1978 Yamaha RX125
1979 Yamaha RX125
1980 Yamaha RX125
1981 Yamaha RX125
Engine: 125.0 cc, 7.63 cubic inches, Single cylinder, two-stroke, 13.0 HP (9.5 kW) @ 7000 RPM, air cooled, 13.3 Nm (1.4 kgf-m or 9.8 ft.lbs) @ 7000 RPM, 6.9:1, 56.0 x 50.0 mm (2.2 x 2.0 inches), Carburetor. Mikuni VM24SH, Port control, Autolube, 5-speed.
Production year(s): 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981.
Manual Language: English, French, German, multi-language
"Download the Manual for Your Classic Motorcycle: 1978-1981 Yamaha RX125"
Revive the spirit of classic motorcycling with the 1978-1981 Yamaha RX125. This iconic two-stroke motorcycle combines vintage charm with reliable performance, offering riders a nostalgic riding experience. To enhance your ownership and maintenance journey, we provide a comprehensive manual download that contains all the necessary information to keep your Yamaha RX125 in pristine condition. From engine specifications to maintenance tips and tuning options, this manual is your ultimate guide to preserving the essence of this classic motorcycle. Get ready to embrace the open road and enjoy the timeless beauty of the Yamaha RX125.
Engine Specifications/Tech Specs:
• The Yamaha RX125 is equipped with a 123cc, two-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
• It features a Mikuni VM18SH carburetor for precise fuel-air mixture control.
• The engine utilizes Yamaha's Autolube oil injection system for convenient and automatic lubrication.
• The RX125 produces approximately 12 horsepower, delivering sufficient power for city commuting and leisurely rides.
• It has a compression ratio of 6.7:1, optimizing torque and acceleration.
• The motorcycle is equipped with a 5-speed constant mesh transmission for smooth gear changes.
• It features a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) system for reliable starting and efficient combustion.
• The RX125 comes with an air-cooled engine design, ensuring efficient heat dissipation.
• It has a wet multi-plate clutch for smooth power transfer and effortless shifting.
• The motorcycle features a telescopic front fork suspension system for improved ride comfort and handling.
• It has twin rear shock absorbers to absorb bumps and maintain stability.
• The Yamaha RX125 comes with drum brakes on both the front and rear wheels for reliable stopping power.
• It features a chain drive system for efficient power transfer to the rear wheel.
• The motorcycle has a fuel tank capacity of approximately 8 liters, providing ample range for city rides.
• It features a kick start mechanism for ignition, adding to the vintage charm.
• The RX125 has a lightweight frame, making it maneuverable and nimble.
• It comes with 18-inch wheels, offering stability and a classic aesthetic.
• The motorcycle has a comfortable and upright seating position, suitable for both commuting and leisurely rides.
• It features a classic round headlight and minimalist styling that captures the essence of the era.
• The Yamaha RX125 has a dry weight of approximately 95 kg, making it easy to handle for riders of all skill levels.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha RX125 was produced from 1978 to 1981 and was part of the popular Yamaha RX series.
- It was known for its reliability, efficiency, and user-friendly nature, appealing to a wide range of riders.
- The RX125 became a popular choice among urban riders and enthusiasts seeking a versatile and fuel-efficient motorcycle.
- Its compact size and nimble handling made it suitable for both city commuting and light off-road adventures.
- The RX125 featured Yamaha's renowned engineering and build quality, ensuring longevity and durability.
- It was often praised for its smooth power delivery and responsive acceleration, offering an enjoyable riding experience.
- The motorcycle's lightweight design and low seat height made it accessible and easy to maneuver for riders of all sizes.
- The RX125 had a reputation for its fuel efficiency, allowing riders to cover long distances with fewer fuel stops.
- Owners appreciated the simplicity of the RX125's design, making it easy to maintain and work on for DIY enthusiasts.
- The motorcycle's vintage styling and classic aesthetic garnered attention and admiration from motorcycle enthusiasts.
- The RX125 was applauded for its comfortable seating position and smooth suspension, providing a comfortable ride.
- Riders often praised the motorcycle's reliability, with many reporting minimal issues or breakdowns during ownership.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for oil changes, spark plug replacement, and air filter cleaning/replacement.
► Regularly inspect the chain tension and lubricate it to ensure smooth operation.
► Check and adjust the carburetor settings as needed to maintain optimal fuel-air mixture.
► Inspect the tires for wear and maintain proper tire pressure for safe and efficient riding.
► Keep the electrical system clean and free from corrosion, especially the battery terminals.
► Ensure the brake system is functioning properly, including checking brake pads and adjusting the brake lever tension.
► Common issues may include carburetor clogs, which can be addressed by cleaning or rebuilding the carburetor.
► Electrical issues such as faulty connections or wiring can be resolved through troubleshooting and repair.
► Regularly check for oil leaks and address them promptly to prevent engine damage.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system for improved performance and a deeper sound.
* Installing aftermarket air filters for enhanced air intake and improved engine performance.
* Upgrading the suspension components to improve ride comfort and handling.
* Adding a larger front sprocket or smaller rear sprocket for altered gear ratios.
* Installing a performance carburetor or re-jetting the existing carburetor for improved throttle response.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
■ Replacement parts such as filters, brake pads, and spark plugs.
■ Handlebar grips and mirrors in various styles and materials.
■ Vintage-style seats and seat covers for added comfort and customization.
■ Luggage racks and saddlebags for increased storage capacity.
■ Decals and graphics kits to personalize the motorcycle's appearance.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Reliable and efficient engine performance for everyday commuting.
☺ Nimble and lightweight design for easy maneuverability.
☺ Vintage styling and classic aesthetic that captures attention.
☺ Comfortable seating position suitable for various riding scenarios.
☺ Easy maintenance and accessibility of components.
☻ Limited top speed and power, primarily designed for city commuting and leisurely rides.
☻ Drum brakes may require longer stopping distances compared to modern disc brakes.
☻ Suspension may feel soft for more aggressive riding styles.
☻ Limited storage options for carrying personal items.
Most Frequent Repairs and Commonly Replaced Parts:
→ Carburetor cleaning or rebuilding to address fuel delivery issues.
→ Chain and sprocket replacements due to wear and stretching.
→ Spark plug replacements to maintain optimal combustion.
→ Brake pad replacements as part of routine maintenance.
→ Replacement of electrical components such as bulbs or switches.
Purchase the maintenance guidelines PDF for your Yamaha RX125 motorcycle with PayPal and unlock the detailed shop handbook instantly.
Upon completing your purchase through PayPal, the official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list for your RX125 motorcycle will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information for your convenience.