To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: G8 / Pontiac (General Motors)
2008 Pontiac G8
2008 Pontiac G8 GT
2009 Pontiac G8
2009 Pontiac G8 GT
Production/model years: 2008, 2009
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Troubleshooting Made Easy: Maintain Your Pontiac G8 with the Ultimate Manual"
When it comes to keeping your 2008-2009 Pontiac G8 in optimal condition, having a comprehensive manual for troubleshooting and maintenance is essential. The Pontiac G8 is a powerful and stylish sedan that offers an exhilarating driving experience. To help you get the most out of your vehicle, we have compiled a list of engine specifications, interesting facts, maintenance intervals, general maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, popular tuning tips, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. So, let's delve into the world of the Pontiac G8!
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• Engine Type: 3.6-liter V6 or 6.0-liter V8
• Horsepower: V6 - 256 hp, V8 - 361 hp
• Torque: V6 - 248 lb-ft, V8 - 385 lb-ft
• Transmission: 5-speed automatic or 6-speed manual
• Drivetrain: Rear-wheel drive
• Fuel Type: Gasoline
• Fuel Efficiency (City/Highway): V6 - 17/25 mpg, V8 - 15/24 mpg
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 19.0 gallons
• Suspension: Independent front and rear suspension
• Brakes: Four-wheel disc brakes with anti-lock braking system (ABS)
• Wheelbase: 114.8 inches
• Overall Length: 196.1 inches
• Width: 74.8 inches
• Height: 57.7 inches
• Curb Weight: V6 - 3,995 lbs, V8 - 4,001 lbs
• Front Tire Size: P245/45R18
• Rear Tire Size: P245/45R18
• Front Headroom: 38.7 inches
• Rear Headroom: 37.5 inches
• Front Legroom: 42.2 inches
• Rear Legroom: 39.4 inches
• Cargo Capacity: 17.5 cubic feet
• Steering: Power-assisted rack-and-pinion
• Turning Circle: 37.4 feet
• 0-60 mph Acceleration: V6 - 6.3 seconds, V8 - 5.3 seconds
• Top Speed: V6 - 144 mph, V8 - 156 mph
• Front Suspension Type: MacPherson strut
• Rear Suspension Type: Multi-link
• Engine Oil Capacity: V6 - 5.5 quarts, V8 - 7.0 quarts
• Recommended Fuel: Regular unleaded gasoline
Facts and Details:
- The Pontiac G8 is a rear-wheel-drive sedan that was introduced as a performance-oriented model.
- It was based on the Holden Commodore VE, an Australian-built car, and shared many components with the Chevrolet SS.
- The G8 featured aggressive styling with a bold front grille, sculpted body lines, and a sporty stance.
- The GT trim level came equipped with a 6.0-liter V8 engine, delivering impressive power and acceleration.
- The G8 offered a spacious and comfortable interior with modern features such as a touchscreen infotainment system and optional leather upholstery.
- It received high praise for its handling capabilities, providing a balanced and engaging driving experience.
- The G8 GT model featured a limited-slip differential, allowing for improved traction and cornering performance.
- Pontiac offered optional performance packages for the G8, including a sport-tuned suspension and Brembo brakes.
- The G8 received favorable safety ratings, with features like stability control, traction control, and multiple airbags.
- It gained popularity among car enthusiasts for its powerful performance, spaciousness, and affordability compared to other sport sedans.
- The G8 was available in various vibrant colors, including Liquid Red, Panther Black Metallic, and Magnetic Gray Metallic.
- Due to changes in the automotive market and the discontinuation of the Pontiac brand, the G8 had a limited production run, making it a sought-after collector's item.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
- Oil Change Interval: Every 5,000-7,500 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- Air Filter Replacement: Replace the air filter every 30,000-45,000 miles or earlier if it is excessively dirty.
- Tire Rotation: Rotate the tires every 7,500-10,000 miles to promote even tread wear.
- Brake Fluid Flush: Flush and replace the brake fluid every 2 years or as recommended.
- Common Issues: Some common issues reported by owners include faulty ignition switch, power steering failure, and suspension component wear. - Solutions involve replacing the faulty parts with OEM replacements and regular inspections to address wear and tear.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications for the 2008-2009 Pontiac G8:
- Cold Air Intake: Install a cold air intake system to improve engine airflow and increase horsepower.
- Performance Exhaust: Upgrade to a high-performance exhaust system for enhanced sound and improved exhaust flow.
- ECU Tuning: Opt for an ECU tune or programmer to adjust the engine's parameters for more power and better throttle response.
- Suspension Upgrades: Upgrade suspension components like shocks, struts, and sway bars for improved handling and stability.
- Brake Upgrades: Install larger brake rotors and high-performance brake pads for enhanced stopping power and fade resistance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options for the 2008-2009 Pontiac G8:
- Performance suspension kits
- Custom wheels and tires
- Exterior styling accessories (spoilers, body kits, etc.)
- Interior upgrades (floor mats, seat covers, trim accents, etc.)
- Performance brakes
- LED lighting upgrades
- Audio system upgrades (head units, speakers, amplifiers, etc.)
- Performance air filters and intake kits
- Exhaust system upgrades
- Performance tuning modules
- Mobile phone integration kits
- Roof racks and cargo accessories
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Powerful engine options
- Sporty and aggressive styling
- Spacious interior with comfortable seating
- Good balance of performance and comfort
- Affordability compared to other sport sedans
- Limited availability due to discontinuation
- Some reported issues with interior build quality
- Higher fuel consumption with V8 models
- Limited aftermarket support compared to other performance-oriented vehicles
Begin your PDF download of the comprehensive Pontiac service manual by simply clicking the green button and securely purchasing it with PayPal at RepairLoader.com.
Upon completion of your secure PayPal payment, the checkout page will display the download link for your official Pontiac OEM shop manual and parts list. Additionally, we will promptly email you with all the necessary download information, ensuring instant access to your purchased materials.