Save time and money by fixing your BMW naked standard motorcycle yourself with the help of the original repair manual from BMW Bayerische Motoren Werke AG, available for purchase in convenient PDF format.
Production year(s): 2006, 2007
The following models are encompassed by this manual: R1200R, R1200RT, R1200S, R1200ST, R1200GS - HP2 / BMW Bayerische Motoren Werke AG
All Models BMW R 1200 R, R 1200 RT, R 1200 S, R 1200 ST, R 1200 GS, R 1200 Adventure and HP2 Enduro
BMW R1200 S / R / RT / ST / GS / GS ADVENTURE - HP2 ENDURO
BMW R1200GS - HP2
Manual Language: English, multi-language
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Revolutionize Your Repair Experience with our Comprehensive Downloadable BMW R1200 Series Manual"
Welcome to our all-inclusive guide on the 2006-2007 BMW R1200R, R1200RT, R1200S, R1200ST, R1200GS - HP2 models. This comprehensive manual is your one-stop destination for all things related to the maintenance, repair, tuning, and aftermarket accessories of these fantastic motorcycles. With our extensive coverage, you'll be able to keep your BMW R1200 series bike running smoothly and efficiently for years to come.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The BMW R1200R, R1200RT, R1200S, R1200ST, R1200GS - HP2 models are equipped with a 1170cc, air/oil-cooled, four-stroke, flat-twin Boxer engine.
• These bikes feature a six-speed gearbox with a hydraulically actuated single dry plate clutch.
• The engine produces a maximum power output of 109-122 hp, depending on the specific model.
• Peak torque ranges from 85-88 lb-ft, also varying by model.
• Bikes in this series feature a twin-spark ignition system for improved combustion efficiency.
• The fuel system consists of an electronic fuel injection system with twin throttle bodies.
• These motorcycles have a shaft drive for low-maintenance and reliable power transmission.
• The suspension system includes a Telelever front suspension and a Paralever rear suspension.
• The braking system consists of dual 320mm front discs with four-piston calipers and a single 265mm rear disc with a two-piston caliper.
• BMW's EVO braking system with partial integral ABS is standard across all models.
• The bikes have a dry weight ranging from 439-580 lbs, depending on the specific model.
• Fuel capacity for these motorcycles is 4.7-7.1 gallons, also varying by model.
• The seat height ranges from 31.5-35.0 inches, adjustable to suit rider preference.
• The wheelbase for these bikes is between 58.4-59.4 inches.
• The front tire size is 120/70 ZR 17, while the rear tire size is 180/55 ZR 17.
• The frame is a two-section, load-bearing front and rear structure, with the engine serving as a stressed member.
• The R1200 series bikes have a top speed of approximately 135-155 mph.
• Fuel consumption ranges from 41-50 mpg, depending on the model and riding conditions.
• These motorcycles have a maximum payload capacity of 430-485 lbs.
• The R1200 series features a maintenance-free gel battery.
• Bikes in this series have an alternator output of 720 watts.
• The headlight system includes a halogen main headlight with a low beam, high beam, and parking light.
• The bikes come equipped with an onboard diagnostic system for efficient troubleshooting.
• The exhaust system features a 3-way catalytic converter for reduced emissions.
• A single-wire system (SWS) is used for the electrical wiring, simplifying maintenance and repair.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The R1200GS was the best-selling motorcycle in BMW's lineup during 2006-2007.
- The R1200S model is the sportiest version in the R1200 series, with a focus on performance and handling.
- The R1200RT is a touring-oriented model, offering a comfortable ride and excellent wind protection for long trips
- The R1200ST is a sport-touring model, combining sporty performance with touring comfort.
- The R1200R is a roadster model, offering a versatile and user-friendly riding experience.
- The HP2 is a high-performance variant of the R1200GS, featuring upgraded suspension and lightweight components for improved off-road capabilities.
- The R1200 series was one of the first to incorporate BMW's innovative Telelever and Paralever suspension systems, which significantly reduced brake dive and improved handling.
Maintenance Intervals and General Maintenance Tips:
- Regular engine oil and filter changes are recommended every 6,000 miles or annually, whichever comes first.
- Valve clearance should be checked and adjusted, if necessary, every 12,000 miles.
- The air filter should be replaced every 12,000 miles or as needed.
- Brake fluid should be replaced every two years.
- The final drive oil should be replaced every 12,000 miles.
- Spark plugs should be replaced every 12,000 miles.
- Coolant should be replaced every three years or 36,000 miles.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Some riders have reported excessive vibration in the handlebars. Installing heavier bar-end weights or aftermarket grips can help reduce vibrations.
The fuel strip sensor may fail, causing inaccurate fuel level readings. Replacing the fuel strip with an updated version resolves this issue.
The rear brake rotor may exhibit premature wear. Regular inspection and replacement, if necessary, can prevent further issues.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Installing an aftermarket exhaust system can improve performance and enhance the sound of the bike.
- Upgrading the suspension with higher-quality components can improve handling and ride comfort.
- Installing a power commander can help optimize the bike's fuel and ignition mapping for increased performance.
- Upgrading the brake system with higher-performance pads and rotors can improve stopping power.
- Installing a taller windshield can enhance wind protection, making long rides more comfortable.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Panniers and top cases for increased storage capacity.
- Heated grips and seats for added comfort in cold weather.
- Crash bars and engine guards for added protection.
- GPS navigation systems and mounts.
- Auxiliary lighting for improved visibility.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Versatile and well-rounded performance across all models.
- Excellent handling and stability, thanks to innovative suspension systems.
- Reliable and low-maintenance shaft drive system.
- Comfortable ergonomics for long rides.
- Some owners report excessive handlebar vibrations.
- The fuel strip sensor may require replacement.
- Rear brake rotor may exhibit premature wear.
To purchase your BMW repair PDF, visit www.repairloader.com and click on the blue button. Securely complete the transaction with PayPal or a credit card to receive immediate access to your comprehensive BMW fix guide. Upon successful completion of your payment for the official BMW service manual and parts list, you'll find the download link on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly send you an email containing all necessary download information, ensuring instant access after your secure payment.
Price: 18.99 USD