To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Lanos / Daewoo Motor Company
Daewoo Lanos SE 3-Door Hatchback
Daewoo Lanos SE 4-Door Sedan
Daewoo Lanos SX 3-Door Hatchback
Daewoo Lanos SX 4-Door Sedan
Daewoo Lanos Sport 3-Door Hatchback
Daewoo Lanos Sport 4-Door Sedan
Production year(s): 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Purchase a PDF Subcompact Car Repair Guide for the 1997-2002 Daewoo Lanos"
Looking to repair your 1997-2002 Daewoo Lanos subcompact car? Look no further! Get your hands on a comprehensive and detailed PDF repair guide specifically tailored for the Daewoo Lanos. This invaluable resource will provide you with all the technical specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning suggestions, accessories, and more. Whether you're a DIY enthusiast or a professional mechanic, this repair guide is a must-have for maintaining and optimizing your Daewoo Lanos.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The 1997-2002 Daewoo Lanos comes with a 1.6-liter inline-four engine.
• It produces a maximum power of 105 horsepower and 101 lb-ft of torque.
• The engine features a multi-point fuel injection system for improved fuel efficiency.
• It has a compression ratio of 9.5:1, providing a balance between power and efficiency.
• The Lanos engine is equipped with a double overhead camshaft (DOHC) configuration.
• It has a four-speed automatic transmission for smooth gear shifts.
• The engine utilizes a front-wheel-drive system for enhanced handling.
• The Lanos has a top speed of approximately 112 mph (180 km/h).
• It can accelerate from 0 to 60 mph in around 11 seconds.
• The fuel tank capacity of the Daewoo Lanos is 11.9 gallons (45 liters).
• It offers a combined fuel efficiency of about 27 mpg (9.1 liters/100 km).
• The Lanos has a curb weight ranging from 2,325 to 2,535 lbs (1,055 to 1,150 kg).
• It features front disc brakes and rear drum brakes for reliable stopping power.
• The suspension system consists of MacPherson struts at the front and a torsion beam axle at the rear.
• The Daewoo Lanos has a turning radius of approximately 32.8 feet (10 meters).
• It is equipped with a rack-and-pinion steering system for precise handling.
• The vehicle has a wheelbase of 98.4 inches (2,500 mm).
• The overall length of the Lanos ranges from 161.4 to 165.7 inches (4,100 to 4,210 mm).
• It offers seating for up to five passengers.
• The cargo capacity of the Daewoo Lanos is 11.5 cubic feet (326 liters).
Facts and Details:
- The Daewoo Lanos was designed by the famous Italian automobile design firm, Italdesign.
- It was initially introduced as the replacement for the Daewoo Nexia.
- The Lanos was available in three body styles: a three-door hatchback, a four-door sedan, and a five-door hatchback.
- It featured a stylish and contemporary design, with sleek lines and a modern front grille.
- The Daewoo Lanos gained popularity for its affordability and fuel efficiency.
- It offered a spacious interior, providing ample legroom and headroom for passengers.
- The Lanos received favorable safety ratings during its production years.
- It was equipped with standard safety features such as dual front airbags, side-impact protection, and child safety locks.
- The Daewoo Lanos underwent several facelifts and updates throughout its production span.
- It received positive reviews for its nimble handling and maneuverability, making it suitable for city driving.
- The Lanos was praised for its low maintenance costs and easily accessible spare parts.
- It became a popular choice among first-time car owners and budget-conscious buyers.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
* Regular oil changes should be performed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles (4,800 to 8,000 km) or as recommended by the manufacturer.
* Spark plugs should be replaced every 30,000 miles (48,000 km) to ensure optimal engine performance.
* The timing belt and water pump should be inspected and replaced at the recommended intervals (typically around 60,000 miles or 96,000 km).
* Regularly check and maintain proper tire pressure to improve fuel efficiency and prolong tire life.
* Keep an eye on the coolant and brake fluid levels and top them up as needed.
* Common issues with the Daewoo Lanos include faulty ignition coils, worn-out suspension components, and electrical problems. Consult the repair guide for specific troubleshooting and solutions.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Upgrading the air intake system and installing a high-performance air filter can improve engine airflow and horsepower.
+ Installing a cat-back exhaust system can enhance exhaust flow and provide a sportier sound.
+ Upgrading the suspension with stiffer springs and performance shocks can improve handling and reduce body roll.
+ Upgrading the braking system with high-quality brake pads and rotors can enhance stopping power.
+ Adding a performance chip or remapping the engine control unit (ECU) can optimize engine performance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Alloy wheels in various designs and sizes
Body kits and spoilers for a sportier appearance
Upgraded audio systems and speakers
Floor mats and seat covers
Roof racks and cargo carriers
LED headlights and taillights
Performance brakes and suspension components
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Affordability and low purchase price
Fuel-efficient and reliable engine
Spacious interior for a subcompact car
Easy to maneuver and park in urban areas
Availability of spare parts
Limited power and acceleration
Interior materials could be of higher quality
Lack of advanced safety features
Some owners reported issues with electrical components
Most Frequently Required Repairs:
■ Ignition coil replacement
■ Suspension component replacement (e.g., ball joints, control arms)
■ Electrical system repairs (e.g., wiring issues, malfunctioning switches)
■ Brake system repairs (e.g., brake pad and rotor replacement)
■ Cooling system repairs (e.g., radiator, thermostat replacement)
■ Timing belt and water pump replacement
■ Clutch replacement (for manual transmission models)
Click the green button to initiate the purchase and download of your comprehensive shop handbook specifically designed for Daewoo vehicles. Conveniently access a wide range of service and maintenance guidelines for your Daewoo Lanos in the RepairLoader marketplace using secure PayPal payment. Upon completion of your PayPal payment, the checkout page will display your official Daewoo OEM shop manual/parts list download link. Additionally, we will promptly send you an email containing payment and download information for your convenience.