To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Production year(s): 2008
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPX(W) / Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPX
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPXR
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPXL
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPXW
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPXRW
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPXX
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPXRX
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPXXL
2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPXRXL
Engine: 686cc, 4-stroke, liquid-cooled, single; SOHC, 4 valves.4.0x3.3 in OR 102 mm, 9.2:1,
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the PDF Shop Handbook and Manual for the 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI ATV"
Discover the comprehensive shop handbook and manual in PDF format for the 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI, YFM7FGPX(W) ATV. This invaluable resource contains essential engine specifications, technical data, maintenance intervals, general maintenance tips, common issues and their solutions, tuning tips, available accessories and aftermarket options, owner reviews, and much more. Whether you're a Yamaha enthusiast, an ATV owner, or a mechanic, this guide is your go-to reference for all things related to the 2008 Yamaha Grizzly 700FI.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The ATV is powered by a liquid-cooled, four-stroke, 686cc engine.
• It features electronic fuel injection (EFI) for improved performance and fuel efficiency.
• The engine has a single overhead camshaft (SOHC) configuration.
• It utilizes a dual-range, continuously variable transmission (CVT) with high and low forward gears, neutral, and reverse.
• The ATV comes equipped with an electric starter and a backup recoil starter.
• The fuel tank has a capacity of 18 liters (4.8 gallons).
• The Grizzly 700FI features Yamaha's Ultramatic® transmission system for smooth power delivery and constant belt tension.
• It has a selectable four-wheel-drive system with 2WD, 4WD, and 4WD differential lock options.
• The ATV has independent double-wishbone suspension at the front and rear for excellent handling and comfort.
• It comes with hydraulic disc brakes on all four wheels for reliable stopping power.
• The ATV has a total weight of approximately 309 kg (681 lbs).
• It features a cargo rack with a carrying capacity of 45 kg (99 lbs) at the front and 90 kg (198 lbs) at the rear.
• The Grizzly 700FI has a towing capacity of up to 600 kg (1,322 lbs).
• It comes with a digital instrument panel that provides essential information such as speed, fuel level, and trip meter.
• The ATV features full-coverage bodywork for enhanced rider protection.
• It has a ground clearance of 276 mm (10.9 inches) for tackling rough terrains.
• The Grizzly 700FI is equipped with a 12V DC outlet for powering accessories.
• It features 25-inch Maxxis tires for excellent traction on various surfaces.
• The ATV has a wheelbase of 1,250 mm (49.2 inches) for stability and maneuverability.
• It is available in a distinctive Steel Blue color option.
Facts and Details:
- The ATV was introduced as part of Yamaha's Grizzly lineup in 2007.
- It was designed to offer exceptional off-road capabilities and versatility for both work and recreational purposes.
- The Grizzly 700FI features Yamaha's On-Command® system, allowing riders to easily switch between 2WD and 4WD modes on the fly.
- It comes equipped with a front differential gear lock for improved traction in challenging conditions.
- The ATV features a fully automatic transmission with a centrifugal clutch for smooth and efficient power transfer.
- It is known for its strong low-end torque and impressive pulling power.
- The Grizzly 700FI offers a comfortable and spacious seating position for the rider, with ample legroom and ergonomic controls.
- It features a comprehensive LCD display that provides information such as gear position, engine temperature, and more.
- The ATV is equipped with a high-capacity radiator and fan for optimal engine cooling, even during demanding rides.
- It comes with a rugged steel front bumper and protective skid plates for added durability.
- The Grizzly 700FI has a large front storage compartment for carrying essential gear and tools.
- It features a durable and reliable shaft drive system for reduced maintenance requirements.
- The ATV is renowned for its exceptional suspension system, which offers smooth and controlled performance on various terrains.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Regular maintenance intervals for the Grizzly 700FI include oil and filter changes every 50 hours of operation or annually, whichever comes first.
► Air filter cleaning and replacement should be performed at regular intervals to ensure optimal engine performance.
► It is recommended to inspect and adjust the valve clearance every 100 hours of operation or annually.
► Keep the ATV's cooling system clean and free from debris to prevent overheating.
► Check the tires for proper inflation and tread wear regularly.
► Common issues include fuel injection system clogs, which can be resolved by cleaning or replacing the injectors.
► Electrical issues may arise due to loose connections or damaged wiring, requiring thorough inspection and repair.
► Vibrations and abnormal noise could indicate worn or damaged drivetrain components, necessitating inspection and replacement if needed.
► Regularly lubricate all pivot points, bearings, and control cables to maintain smooth operation.
► It is recommended to use genuine Yamaha parts and fluids for optimal performance and longevity.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Install an aftermarket exhaust system for improved power and a deeper exhaust note.
* Upgrade the ATV's air filter with a high-performance, washable filter for better airflow and increased engine protection.
* Install a fuel optimizer or power programmer to fine-tune the ATV's fuel injection system for enhanced performance.
* Replace the stock tires with more aggressive off-road tires for improved traction in challenging terrains.
* Consider adding a winch to the front or rear of the ATV for increased pulling capability during recovery or utility tasks.
* Install aftermarket skid plates and A-arm guards for enhanced underbody protection.
* Upgrade the ATV's suspension with stiffer springs or adjustable shocks to tailor the ride to personal preferences.
* Add auxiliary lighting, such as LED light bars, for improved visibility during nighttime rides.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Front and rear cargo racks for additional carrying capacity.
■ Plow systems for snow removal and clearing paths.
■ Heated grips and thumb warmers for increased comfort during cold weather rides.
■ Windshields and fairings for added protection against wind and debris.
■ Winches and winch mounts for increased utility and recovery capabilities.
■ Trailer hitches and towing accessories for hauling equipment or trailers.
■ Gun racks and bow holders for hunting enthusiasts.
■ Skid plates and A-arm guards for enhanced underbody protection.
■ Storage boxes and bags for organizing and carrying gear.
■ Audio systems and speakers for entertainment during rides.
■ ATV covers for protection against the elements when not in use.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: The Grizzly 700FI is highly regarded for its powerful engine, excellent off-road performance, and durability. Owners appreciate its comfortable ride, generous cargo capacity, and versatile capabilities for both work and recreational use.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners have reported issues with the ATV's fuel injection system, particularly clogs and rough idle. Additionally, a few users have mentioned concerns about the ATV's weight and maneuverability in tighter spaces.
Frequent Repairs and Commonly Replaced Parts:
→ CVT belt replacement
→ Wheel bearing replacement
→ Brake pad replacement
→ Tie rod end replacement
→ A-arm bushing replacement
→ Starter motor replacement
→ Ignition coil replacement
→ Fuel pump replacement
→ Throttle position sensor replacement
→ CDI unit replacement
→ Voltage regulator replacement
Download the comprehensive repair manual for Yamaha ATVs by clicking on the green button. Upon completing the payment, you will find the download link for the official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.