To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: RAM / Dodge Chrysler
Dodge RAM 2500 SLT
Dodge RAM 2500 ST
Dodge RAM 2500 Laramie
Dodge RAM 2500 Power Wagon
Production year(s): 2005
Manual Language: English
Number of pages: 2300+
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
"Buy Manual for Repairs: Download Comprehensive Handbook for the 2005 Dodge RAM 2500"
Take control of your pickup truck repairs with the ultimate manual for the 2005 Dodge RAM 2500. Whether you're a skilled mechanic or a dedicated DIY enthusiast, this comprehensive handbook is your key to mastering maintenance and repairs for this iconic vehicle. From engine specs to common issues and tuning tips, we've got you covered. Get ready to elevate your RAM 2500's performance and ensure its longevity with this invaluable resource!
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The 2005 Dodge RAM 2500 offers a range of engine options, including:
• 5.7-liter HEMI V8 engine with 345 horsepower and 375 lb-ft of torque.
• 5.9-liter Cummins turbodiesel inline-6 engine with 325 horsepower and 610 lb-ft of torque.
• 8.0-liter V10 engine with 305 horsepower and 440 lb-ft of torque.
• The RAM 2500 comes standard with a six-speed manual transmission.
• An optional five-speed automatic transmission is available for convenience.
• It features rear-wheel drive as standard, with four-wheel drive as an option.
• The towing capacity of the 2005 Dodge RAM 2500 ranges from 9,000 to 14,000 pounds, depending on the engine and configuration.
• The truck has a maximum payload capacity of up to 3,040 pounds.
• The RAM 2500 offers various bed lengths, including 6.3 feet and 8 feet, providing ample cargo space.
• It features solid front and rear axles for durability and enhanced off-road capability.
• The pickup truck has a turning circle diameter of approximately 48 feet, ensuring maneuverability.
• Fuel efficiency varies depending on the engine and configuration, ranging from approximately 12 to 17 miles per gallon.
• The 2005 Dodge RAM 2500 is equipped with power-assisted recirculating ball steering for responsive handling.
• It features front disc brakes and rear drum brakes, providing reliable stopping power.
• The RAM 2500's fuel tank has a capacity of approximately 35 gallons.
• The pickup truck offers seating for up to six occupants with the available front bench seat.
• It has a ground clearance of approximately 7.7 inches, suitable for light off-roading.
• The RAM 2500 has a wheelbase measuring 140.5 inches, providing stability and a smooth ride.
• It has an overall length of approximately 227.7 inches, making it a full-sized pickup truck.
• The RAM 2500's width measures around 79.9 inches, ensuring a commanding presence on the road.
• The truck's height ranges from approximately 74.8 to 79.5 inches, depending on the configuration.
• The 2005 Dodge RAM 2500 offers a range of available options, including a towing package, bed liner, and upgraded audio system.
Facts and Details:
- The 2005 Dodge RAM 2500 was known for its exceptional towing and hauling capabilities, making it a favorite among truck enthusiasts.
- It featured a bold and muscular exterior design, representing its powerful performance and commanding presence on the road.
- The RAM 2500 boasted a spacious and comfortable interior, with options for premium materials and modern amenities.
- Dodge introduced the Mega Cab configuration for the RAM 2500, providing the largest interior cabin space available in a pickup truck at that time.
- The truck's sturdy construction and heavy-duty components made it well-suited for demanding work environments and off-road adventures.
- The RAM 2500's Cummins turbodiesel engine was highly regarded for its impressive torque output and exceptional durability.
- It offered a range of available safety features, including side curtain airbags and stability control systems.
- The RAM 2500 featured innovative cargo management solutions, such as the available RamBox storage system built into the truck bed sides.
- Dodge offered specialized models like the Power Wagon, which was designed for off-road enthusiasts with features like front and rear locking differentials.
- The RAM 2500 boasted a strong aftermarket support, with numerous accessories and modifications available for customization.
- It garnered positive reviews for its towing stability and ability to handle heavy loads with ease.
- The RAM 2500's robustness and reliability made it a popular choice among commercial users and individuals in need of a dependable workhorse.
Oil and filter change: Every 5,000 to 7,500 miles or every 6 months (whichever comes first).
Fuel filter replacement (diesel models): Every 15,000 to 30,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
Air filter replacement: Every 15,000 to 30,000 miles or as needed.
Coolant flush and refill: Every 30,000 to 50,000 miles or every 3 to 5 years.
Timing belt replacement (if equipped): Every 90,000 to 105,000 miles or every 7 to 10 years.
General Maintenance Tips:
Regularly check and maintain proper tire pressure for optimal performance, fuel efficiency, and tire longevity.
Inspect and replace worn-out brake pads and rotors to ensure reliable braking performance.
Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for servicing and inspections.
Keep the truck's exterior and interior clean to prevent dirt and debris buildup.
Monitor fluid levels regularly, including engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and power steering fluid.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Fuel injection system problems: Some owners reported issues with fuel injectors, resulting in rough idling or reduced performance. Regularly replacing fuel filters and using high-quality fuel can help prevent problems. Consult a professional for diagnosis and repair if needed.
Transmission-related issues: The RAM 2500 may experience transmission problems, such as shifting issues or slipping. Regularly changing transmission fluid and performing maintenance can help prevent issues. Consult a professional for diagnosis and repair if needed.
Electrical system malfunctions: Some owners experienced issues with electrical components, such as power windows or door locks. Check fuses, connections, and consult a professional for further diagnosis and repair if needed.
Suspension component wear: Due to the truck's heavy-duty nature, suspension components may wear over time. Regularly inspecting and replacing worn-out components can help maintain proper ride and handling. Consult a professional for diagnosis and repair if needed.
Steering-related problems: Some owners reported issues with steering components, such as the steering box or linkage. Regular inspection and maintenance, including greasing steering components, can help prevent problems. Consult a professional for diagnosis and repair if needed.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Installing a performance tuner or programmer can optimize engine performance and increase power and torque.
Upgrading the exhaust system to a less restrictive aftermarket option can improve engine sound and enhance performance.
Adding a cold air intake system can improve engine airflow and potentially increase horsepower.
Upgrading to larger wheels and tires can enhance the truck's appearance and off-road capabilities.
Installing a suspension lift kit can provide increased ground clearance for off-road adventures.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Running boards and side steps.
Grille guards and bull bars.
Towing accessories, including hitches and trailer brake controllers.
Off-road lighting kits and auxiliary lighting options.
Floor mats and seat covers.
Upgraded audio systems, including speakers, subwoofers, and head units.
Performance upgrades, such as air intake kits, exhaust systems, and turbocharger upgrades.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Exceptional towing and hauling capabilities.
Powerful engine options, especially the Cummins turbodiesel.
Spacious and comfortable interior.
Robust construction and heavy-duty components.
Relatively lower fuel efficiency compared to smaller trucks.
Larger size may make it more challenging to maneuver in tight spaces.
Some owners reported issues with transmission reliability.
Parts and repairs can be more expensive due to the truck's heavy-duty nature.
Repairs Needing Frequent Attention:
- Fuel injection system repairs or component replacements.
- Transmission repairs or replacements.
- Electrical system repairs for various electrical issues.
- Suspension component replacements, particularly in heavy-use scenarios.
- Steering component repairs or replacements.
Click the green button to initiate the download of your detailed PDF service manual for the 2005 Dodge RAM 2500 pickup truck. Securely purchase it from the RepairLoader marketplace using PayPal.
After completing your payment via PayPal, the official Dodge OEM shop manual/parts list download link will be provided on the checkout page. Furthermore, we will immediately email you all payment and download information.