To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Service/Repair your compact car: Buy and download this Pontiac Vibe OEM service manual (FSM)/PDF.
Specs and manual details:
Production/model years: 2009-2010
This manual applies to the following models: Vibe / Pontiac (General Motors)
2009 Pontiac Vibe Base
2009 Pontiac Vibe AWD
2009 Pontiac Vibe GT
2010 Pontiac Vibe Base
2010 Pontiac Vibe AWD
2010 Pontiac Vibe GT
Engines: 1.8L, 2.4L
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the OEM Repair Manual for the 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe - Your Ultimate Guide to DIY Repairs!"
Are you looking for detailed technical specifications and engine specs for your 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe? Look no further! We've compiled a comprehensive list of technical specifications for this popular compact car. From engine size and fuel economy to suspension and brakes, we've got all the information you need to keep your Vibe running smoothly.
Here are the engine specs/technical specifications for the 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe:
• Engine: 1.8 L 4-cylinder
• Horsepower: 132 hp
• Torque: 128 lb-ft
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 13.2 gal
• Fuel Economy: 26 city / 32 highway mpg
• Transmission: 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic
• Front Suspension: Independent MacPherson strut
• Rear Suspension: Torsion beam
• Front Brakes: Ventilated disc
• Rear Brakes: Drum
• Wheelbase: 102.4 in
• Length: 171.9 in
• Width: 69.3 in
• Height: 62.2 in
• Curb Weight: 2,965 lbs
• Cargo Capacity: 49.4 cu ft
• Turning Radius: 18.7 ft
• Front Legroom: 41.6 in
• Rear Legroom: 36.0 in
• Front Headroom: 40.6 in
• Rear Headroom: 39.4 in
• Front Shoulder Room: 53.2 in
• Rear Shoulder Room: 52.6 in
• Front Hip Room: 51.3 in
• Rear Hip Room: 43.3 in
• Steering: Electric Power-Assist
• Tires: P205/55R16
• Max Towing Capacity: 1,500 lbs
• Axle Ratio: 3.82
• Suspension Type - Front: MacPherson Strut
• Suspension Type - Rear: Torsion Beam
• Stabilizer Bar Diameter - Front: 0.98 in
• Stabilizer Bar Diameter - Rear: 0.83 in
• Brake Type - Front: Disc
• Brake Type - Rear: Drum
Facts and Details:
- The Pontiac Vibe was built as a joint venture between General Motors and Toyota, using many Toyota parts and components.
- The Vibe was equipped with a unique, expandable cargo area that could be configured in several different ways to accommodate larger items.
- The 2009-2010 Vibe was available with an optional all-wheel-drive system, making it a great choice for drivers in snowy or rainy climates.
- The Vibe was designed with safety in mind, featuring standard anti-lock brakes, stability control, and six airbags.
- The 1.8-liter engine in the Vibe was known for its reliability and durability, making it a popular choice among car enthusiasts.
- Despite its small size, the Vibe offered a surprisingly roomy and comfortable interior, with plenty of space for passengers and cargo.
- The Vibe was known for its agile and responsive handling, making it a fun car to drive on twisty roads or in city traffic.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues and their Solutions for the 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe:
Like any vehicle, the Pontiac Vibe requires regular maintenance to keep it running smoothly. Here are some maintenance intervals and tips to help you take care of your Vibe:
- Oil changes: It's recommended to change the oil every 5,000-7,500 miles or every six months, whichever comes first.
- Tire rotations: Rotating the tires every 7,500 miles can help prolong their lifespan and improve handling.
- Brake inspections: Having the brakes inspected every 12,000-15,000 miles can help catch any issues early and prevent costly repairs down the line.
- Air filter replacement: Replacing the air filter every 30,000-45,000 miles can help improve fuel efficiency and engine performance.
- Transmission fluid flush: Flushing the transmission fluid every 50,000-60,000 miles can help prevent transmission failure.
Common issues that have been reported by Vibe owners include:
- Engine misfires or stalling
- Transmission problems, including shifting issues or failure
- Suspension and steering issues, such as noise or vibration when driving
- Electrical problems, including issues with the radio or power windows
I- f you experience any of these issues with your Vibe, it's important to have them addressed by a qualified mechanic. Ignoring these issues can lead to more serious problems down the line.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications for the 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe:
The Pontiac Vibe is a popular car among enthusiasts, and there are several popular tuning tips and modifications that can help improve its performance and handling. Some popular modifications include:
- Upgrading the suspension with stiffer shocks and springs to improve handling and reduce body roll.
- Adding a cold air intake to improve airflow to the engine and increase horsepower.
- Installing a performance exhaust system to improve exhaust flow and give the car a more aggressive sound.
- Upgrading the brakes with larger rotors and calipers to improve stopping power.
- Adding a short-throw shifter to improve shifting performance.
- It's important to note that some modifications may affect the car's warranty or emissions compliance, so it's important to do your research before making any modifications.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options for the 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe:
There are several accessories and aftermarket options available for the Pontiac Vibe, including:
- Roof racks and cargo carriers for increased storage capacity.
- Floor mats and seat covers to protect the interior.
- Performance parts and accessories, such as cold air intakes and exhaust systems.
- Navigation systems and entertainment systems to upgrade the car's technology.
- Lighting upgrades, such as HID headlights and LED taillights.
Owner Reviews and Opinions about the Strengths and Weaknesses of the 2009-2010 Pontiac Vibe:
Overall, the Pontiac Vibe is a reliable and practical car that has gained a loyal following among car enthusiasts. Some of its strengths include:
- Roomy and versatile interior with plenty of cargo space.
- Reliable and fuel-efficient engine.
- Responsive and agile handling.
- Available all-wheel-drive system for improved traction in all conditions.
Some weaknesses that have been reported by Vibe owners include:
- Road noise and cabin vibration at higher speeds.
- Limited legroom in the rear seats.
- Lack of luxury features compared to other compact cars.
- Some reported issues with transmission and suspension components.
Visit www.repairloader.com to buy your Pontiac Vibe service manual in PDF format and pay securely with PayPal or credit card, then download it instantly and start performing DIY repairs like a pro! Once your payment is processed through PayPal or credit card, your Pontiac Vibe manual or parts list download link will appear on the checkout page. Additionally, we will email you all the download information you need to get started on your DIY repairs, ensuring that you have all the information you need.