To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Tackle maintenance and repairs on your compact crossover SUV independently - Obtain this authentic Jeep Compass repair manual in PDF format today.
Specs and manual details:
Production year(s): 2007, 2008, 2009
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Compass / Jeep
2007 Jeep Compass Sport
2007 Jeep Compass Limited
2008 Jeep Compass Sport
2008 Jeep Compass Limited
2009 Jeep Compass Sport
2009 Jeep Compass Limited
2009 Jeep Compass Rocky Mountain Edition
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
"Instantly Download Your DIY Jeep Compass Repair Manual Today"
Are you looking for a comprehensive guide to help you with the maintenance and repairs of your 2007-2009 Jeep Compass? Look no further, as we provide you with a complete and easy-to-follow repair manual in PDF format. With our detailed guide, you'll be able to tackle any issue with confidence, ensuring your Jeep Compass remains in tip-top condition.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The 2007-2009 Jeep Compass comes with a standard 2.4L DOHC 16-valve inline-4 engine.
• This engine produces 172 horsepower at 6,000 RPM.
• The engine generates a torque of 165 lb-ft at 4,400 RPM.
• The Jeep Compass features an aluminum alloy cylinder block and cylinder head.
• It is equipped with a Multi-Point Fuel Injection (MPI) system.
• The engine's compression ratio is 10.5:1.
• The SUV has a fuel tank capacity of 13.5 gallons (51 liters).
• The 2007-2009 Compass comes with a standard 5-speed manual transmission or an optional Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT).
• It is available in both front-wheel drive and four-wheel drive configurations.
• The 2007-2009 Jeep Compass is built on the Jeep MK49 platform.
• The SUV has a curb weight of 3,090 to 3,326 lbs (1,402 to 1,509 kg), depending on the configuration.
• The Jeep Compass measures 173.4 inches (4,404 mm) in length.
• The vehicle has a width of 71.3 inches (1,811 mm).
• It stands at a height of 65.2 inches (1,656 mm).
• The Compass has a wheelbase of 103.7 inches (2,634 mm).
• The front and rear track measure 59.8 inches (1,519 mm) and 59.9 inches (1,521 mm), respectively.
• The SUV's ground clearance is 8.1 inches (206 mm) for 4x4 models and 7.4 inches (188 mm) for 4x2 models.
• The front suspension is a MacPherson strut design, while the rear suspension uses a multi-link configuration.
• The Jeep Compass comes with power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering.
• The braking system consists of front ventilated disc brakes and rear drum brakes.
• The standard tire size for the 2007-2009 Jeep Compass is P215/60R17.
• The SUV has a towing capacity of 1,000 to 2,000 lbs (454 to 907 kg), depending on the configuration.
• The EPA-estimated fuel economy for the 2.4L engine is 23 mpg city and 28 mpg highway for the FWD model, and 22 mpg city and 27 mpg highway for the 4WD model.
• The maximum cargo capacity of the Jeep Compass is 53.6 cubic feet (1,518 liters) with the rear seats folded down.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The Jeep Compass was one of the first compact crossover SUVs produced by the American automaker.
- It was designed to cater to customers who were looking for a more fuel-efficient and urban-friendly alternative to traditional Jeep models.
- The Compass was one of the first Jeep models to feature a fully independent suspension.
- It shares its platform and several mechanical components with the Jeep Patriot, Dodge Caliber, and Mitsubishi Lancer.
- The 2007-2009 Jeep Compass was offered in two main trims: Sport and Limited.
- The Jeep Compass was one of the first Jeeps to feature an optional Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT) instead of a conventional automatic transmission.
- The 2009 model year saw the addition of the "Rocky Mountain Edition," which included unique exterior and interior features, such as a power sunroof and 17-inch aluminum wheels.
- In 2009, an optional "Rallye Group" package was introduced, offering more aggressive exterior styling and performance-oriented suspension upgrades.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues and Solutions:
- Oil changes should be performed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles or as per the manufacturer's recommendations.
- It's essential to regularly check and replace the air filter, spark plugs, and fuel filter to maintain optimal engine performance.
- Brake pads and rotors should be inspected at every service interval and replaced when necessary.
- The coolant should be flushed and replaced every 30,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- The transmission fluid should be checked and replaced as per the manufacturer's guidelines.
- Common issues with the 2007-2009 Jeep Compass include CVT transmission issues, ball joint and control arm wear, and electrical problems such as faulty window regulators and TIPM (Totally Integrated Power Module) failures. Regular inspection and timely repairs can help prevent these issues.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Upgrading the suspension system with performance-oriented shocks and springs can enhance the vehicle's handling and ride quality.
- Performance exhaust systems can improve engine performance and give the vehicle a sportier sound.
- Upgrading the air intake system can enhance engine efficiency and power.
- Installing performance brake pads and rotors can improve braking performance and durability.
- Custom ECU tuning can optimize engine performance and fuel efficiency.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Roof racks and cargo carriers for additional storage space.
- Off-road lighting solutions, such as LED light bars and fog lights.
- Towing accessories, including hitches and wiring kits.
- Upgraded wheels and tires for enhanced performance and appearance.
- Custom interior upgrades, such as seat covers, floor mats, and cargo organizers.
- Performance parts, including suspension upgrades, exhaust systems, and cold air intakes.
- Affordable and practical entry into the Jeep family.
- Fuel-efficient compared to larger Jeep models.
- Compact size makes it easy to maneuver in urban environments.
- CVT transmission can be problematic for some owners.
- Some reports of premature wear on suspension components.
- Interior build quality and materials could be improved.
To instantly download your Jeep Compass repair manual in PDF format, simply click the "Buy Now" button and complete your purchase using PayPal or a credit card on www.repairloader.com. The moment your payment is processed, your original Jeep service manual/parts catalog download link will be accessible on the checkout page, and we will also send you an email containing all the necessary download information immediately after your secure payment.