To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Service/Repair your mid-size car yourself - Purchase this PDF at once: Original Pontiac (General Motors) Grand-Am repair and workshop manual.
Specs and Product-Details:
Model or production year(s): 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Grand-Am, Pontiac (General Motors)
1994 Grand-Am: 1G2NE543xRM000001 - 1G2NE543xRM799426
1995 Grand-Am: 1G2NE55M1SM500001 - 1G2NE55M1SM502008
1996 Grand-Am: 1G2NE52T1TC704001 - 1G2NE52T1TC715420
1997 Grand-Am: 1G2NE52M8VM530001 - 1G2NE52M8VM533977
1998 Grand-Am: 1G2NW12E4WC836001 - 1G2NW12E4WC848970
Printable: Yes (all printers)
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the OEM Pontiac Grand-Am Repair Manual Now"
If you own a 1994-1998 Pontiac Grand-Am and want to keep it running smoothly, having an owner's manual on hand can be a valuable resource. By downloading the OEM manual in PDF format, you can have access to detailed information about your vehicle's systems, specifications, and maintenance requirements. In this article, we'll provide you with engine specs, interesting facts, maintenance tips, tuning options, and more.
Engine Specs/Technical Specs:
• Engine Type: 2.3-liter Quad 4 or 3.1-liter V-6
• Horsepower: 150-175 hp (Quad 4) or 155-170 hp (V-6)
• Torque: 150-160 lb-ft (Quad 4) or 185-190 lb-ft (V-6)
• Transmission: 5-speed manual or 4-speed automatic
• Drivetrain: Front-wheel drive
• Suspension: Independent front and rear suspension
• Brakes: Front disc/rear drum or 4-wheel disc brakes with ABS
• Fuel Economy: 21-26 mpg city/29-34 mpg highway
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 15.2-15.9 gallons
• Curb Weight: 2,691-2,966 lbs
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The Pontiac Grand-Am was named Motor Trend magazine's Car of the Year in 1985.
- The Grand-Am was available in sedan, coupe, and convertible body styles.
- The 1994-1998 models featured a distinctive "twin-cockpit" dashboard design.
- The Grand-Am featured a high-performance GT model with a 3.1-liter V-6 engine.
- The Grand-Am competed in the popular NASCAR racing series during the 1990s.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
To keep your 1994-1998 Pontiac Grand-Am running smoothly, follow the recommended maintenance schedule. Here are some general maintenance tips and common issues to be aware of:
- Oil and filter changes should be done every 3,000-5,000 miles or 3 months, whichever comes first.
- Air filter should be checked and replaced if necessary every 30,000 miles.
- Brake fluid should be replaced every 2 years regardless of mileage.
- Timing belt should be replaced at 100,000 miles.
- Common issues include faulty ignition coils and fuel injectors, as well as transmission problems.
- Regularly inspect and maintain the tires, brakes, and suspension system.
- Keep your vehicle clean and protected from the elements to prevent corrosion.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
If you're looking to upgrade the performance of your 1994-1998 Pontiac Grand-Am, consider these popular tuning tips and modifications:
- Install a cold air intake system for improved airflow and horsepower.
- Upgrade to a high-performance exhaust system for improved sound and power.
- Install a power programmer or ECU chip for improved performance tuning.
- Upgrade the suspension system with performance shocks and springs for improved handling.
- Install a performance brake kit for improved stopping power.
Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
There are many accessories and aftermarket options available for the 1994-1998 Pontiac Grand-Am. Some popular choices include:
- Floor mats and cargo liners for improved protection and organization.
- Alloy wheels and tires for improved performance and appearance.
- Upgraded audio systems and speakers for improved sound quality.
- Remote start systems for convenience.
- Performance body kits for improved aerodynamics and style.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Overall, owners of the 1994-1998 Pontiac Grand-Am appreciate its combination of affordability, reliability, and style. Here are some owner reviews and opinions about the strengths and weaknesses of these cars:
- The Grand-Am is praised for its sporty styling and handling, as well as its comfortable ride.
- The fuel economy is excellent, especially with the Quad 4 engine option.
- Some owners have reported issues with the transmission and electrical system, which can be expensive to repair.
- The rear seat space can be cramped for taller passengers.
- The GT model offers a fun and responsive driving experience.
To purchase and download the Pontiac OEM manual in PDF format, simply visit www.repairloader.com and complete your secure PayPal payment. Your download will be available instantly. Once your payment is complete, you will receive an email with all the download information you need to access your original Pontiac manual/parts list. The download link will also be available on the checkout page, so you can start using your manual right away.