To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: Seville STS / Cadillac
1998 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan
1999 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan
2000 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan
2001 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan
2002 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan
2003 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan
2004 Cadillac Seville STS Sedan
Production/model years: 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Original Parts List and Manual for the 1998-2004 Cadillac Seville STS: Unveiling Engine Specs and Expert Maintenance Tips!"
Welcome to the definitive guide for the 1998-2004 Cadillac Seville STS owners and enthusiasts! This comprehensive manual offers you an exclusive opportunity to download the original parts list and manual for this iconic luxury sedan. In the following sections, we will delve into the technical details and specifications of the Seville STS's engine, providing you with valuable insights into its performance capabilities. Moreover, we will equip you with expert maintenance tips, common issues, and their solutions to help you keep your Cadillac Seville STS in impeccable condition. Whether you're a seasoned owner or a prospective buyer, this guide has everything you need to optimize your Seville STS experience. Let's begin the journey to elevate your driving pleasure!
Engine Specifications / Technical Data:
• Engine Type: 4.6L Northstar V8
• Horsepower: 300 hp @ 6,000 rpm (1998-2000) / 275 hp @ 5,600 rpm (2001-2004)
• Torque: 295 lb-ft @ 4,400 rpm (1998-2000) / 300 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm (2001-2004)
• Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
• Bore x Stroke: 3.66 in x 3.31 in
• Valvetrain: DOHC, 32 valves
• Fuel Delivery: Sequential Fuel Injection (SFI)
• Ignition System: Electronic
• Cooling System: Water-cooled
• Transmission: 4-speed automatic with overdrive
• Drivetrain: Front-Wheel Drive (FWD)
• Front Suspension: Independent MacPherson strut with Magnetic Ride Control
• Rear Suspension: Independent multilink with Magnetic Ride Control
• Steering: Variable-assist rack-and-pinion
• Brakes: 4-wheel disc with ABS
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 18.5 gallons
• EPA Fuel Economy (City/Highway): Approximately 17/26 mpg
• Wheelbase: 112.2 inches
• Length: 201.0 inches
• Width: 75.0 inches
• Height: 56.5 inches
• Curb Weight: Approximately 3,950 lbs
• Maximum Towing Capacity: Not recommended for towing
• 0-60 mph Acceleration: 6.8 seconds (1998-2000) / 7.5 seconds (2001-2004)
Facts and Details:
- The Cadillac Seville STS (Seville Touring Sedan) was a premium luxury sedan offering from General Motors under the Cadillac brand.
- It was part of the fourth generation of Cadillac Seville models and was known for its refined styling and cutting-edge technology.
- The Seville STS featured the advanced Northstar V8 engine, which provided impressive power and smooth performance.
- Magnetic Ride Control, an electronically controlled suspension system, offered a comfortable ride while maintaining excellent handling characteristics.
- The interior of the Seville STS boasted high-quality materials, luxurious amenities, and innovative features such as OnStar communication.
- Safety features like ABS, traction control, and dual-stage airbags were standard on the Seville STS, contributing to its strong safety ratings.
- The Seville STS was equipped with various comfort and convenience features, including power-adjustable seats, climate control, and premium sound systems.
- Cadillac offered optional packages for added luxury and technology enhancements, such as heated seats, navigation, and a sunroof.
- The Seville STS received accolades for its responsive handling and smooth, quiet ride, making it a popular choice among luxury sedan buyers.
- The Northstar V8 engine's performance and refined character garnered praise from automotive enthusiasts and reviewers alike.
► Oil Change: Every 5,000 to 7,500 miles
► Air Filter: Every 15,000 to 30,000 miles
► Spark Plugs: Every 100,000 miles (Platinum-tipped plugs can extend this interval)
► Coolant Flush: Every 60,000 miles
General Maintenance Tips:
* Regularly check and maintain fluid levels, including engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, and transmission fluid.
* Inspect and rotate tires at recommended intervals to ensure even wear and proper alignment.
* Keep the Seville STS clean, both inside and out, to preserve its appearance and prevent corrosion.
* Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule and address any issues promptly.
* Invest in regular professional inspections and tune-ups to catch potential problems early.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Coolant Leaks: The plastic intake manifold gaskets are prone to leaks, which can lead to overheating. Replacing the gaskets is the recommended solution.
■ Suspension Components: Over time, the control arm bushings and sway bar links may wear out and require replacement to maintain handling performance.
■ Electrical Problems: Faulty sensors, ignition switch issues, and power window malfunctions are common electrical concerns. Proper diagnostics and repairs are necessary.
■ Oil Leaks: The valve cover gaskets and oil cooler lines can develop leaks, leading to oil seepage. Gasket replacement and repairs are necessary to resolve the issue.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Stay on Top of Oil Changes: Regular oil changes are crucial for the longevity of the Northstar V8 engine.
2. Monitor Coolant Levels: Keep an eye on the coolant levels and inspect for leaks to prevent overheating issues.
3. Check for Electrical Faults: Be vigilant about any electrical malfunctions and address them promptly to avoid potential complications.
4. Perform Regular Suspension Inspections: Regularly inspect the suspension components for wear and replace them as needed to maintain handling performance.
5. Use Quality Replacement Parts: When performing repairs, opt for high-quality replacement parts to ensure the vehicle's continued reliability.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
♦ Performance Air Intake: Upgrading to a high-flow air intake system can improve engine airflow and enhance performance.
♦ Exhaust System Upgrade: Installing a performance exhaust system can improve engine efficiency and produce a more aggressive sound.
♦ Performance Tuning: Professional engine tuning can optimize the engine's performance and power output for specific driving preferences.
♦ Suspension Upgrades: Upgrading to high-performance suspension components can improve handling and stability.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ All-Weather Floor Mats
+ Trunk Organizer and Cargo Net
+ Rear Spoiler
+ Chrome Exterior Trim Accents
+ Illuminated Door Sill Plates
+ License Plate Frames
+ Custom Car Covers
+ Sunshade and Window Visors
+ Grille Inserts and Emblems
+ Body Side Molding
+ Wheel Locks and Lug Nuts
+ Rear Bumper Protectors
+ Car Care Products and Cleaning Accessories
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Powerful and refined Northstar V8 engine.
☺ Comfortable and luxurious interior with high-quality materials.
☺ Smooth and quiet ride, especially on highways.
☺ Innovative technology features, such as OnStar communication.
☺ Safety features and strong safety ratings.
☻ Issues with coolant leaks and oil seepage can be a concern.
☻ Some owners reported electrical problems and sensor malfunctions.
☻ Costly repairs and maintenance, especially for specialized components.
☻ Older models may experience wear on suspension components.
☻ Fuel economy could be better compared to some competitors.
The 1998-2004 Cadillac Seville STS stands as a testament to Cadillac's commitment to luxury, performance, and innovation. With its potent Northstar V8 engine, refined driving experience, and premium features, the Seville STS offered an attractive package for luxury sedan buyers. However, like any vehicle, it requires diligent maintenance to ensure its continued performance and reliability. Regular oil changes, coolant level monitoring, and electrical system checks are crucial to avoiding common issues. With a wide range of accessories and tuning options available, owners have the flexibility to personalize their Seville STS to their preferences. While certain challenges may arise, the Seville STS remains a compelling choice for those seeking a sophisticated and luxurious driving experience. Embrace the heritage of Cadillac and cherish your Seville STS as it continues to provide a blend of elegance and power on the open road.
Most Frequently Needed Repairs and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Coolant Leaks: The plastic intake manifold gaskets are prone to leaks, leading to potential overheating issues.
→ Electrical Problems: Faulty sensors and ignition switch issues are common electrical concerns in these vehicles.
→ Oil Leaks: Valve cover gaskets and oil cooler lines can develop leaks, leading to oil seepage.
→ Suspension Components: Control arm bushings and sway bar links may wear out and require replacement.
→ Fuel Pump Failure: The fuel pump can fail, causing starting issues and engine performance problems.
→ Power Window Regulators: The power window regulators may wear out over time, leading to window malfunctions.
→ Brake System Maintenance: Regular brake pad and rotor replacements are common maintenance tasks.
→ Air Conditioning System: A/C compressor and refrigerant leaks are common air conditioning issues in older vehicles.
→ Transmission Issues: Occasionally, the transmission may experience shifting problems or fluid leaks.
→ Heater Core Problems: Heater core leaks can cause coolant odor and reduced heating effectiveness.
Get the Cadillac Seville STS detailed shop handbook/manual by clicking on the green button to download the PDF.
After completing the payment, your original Cadillac shop manual and parts list will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly send you an email with the payment confirmation.