To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual covers the following models: 520, 530, 533 / Bobcat Company
Bobcat 520 Skid Steer Loader (Year: 1967)
Bobcat 530 Skid Steer Loader (Year: 1972)
Bobcat 533 Skid Steer Loader (Year: 1985)
Technical engine specs (520): 19 hp [14.2 kW], Kohler, 0.9L, 2-cylinder, gasoline
Technical engine specs (530): 23 hp [17.2 kW], Kohler, 0.9L 2-cylinder, gasoline
Technical engine specs (533): 19 hp [14.2 kW], Isuzu, 1.0L 2-cylinder, diesel
Production years: 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982.
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Buy an Original Manual and Download the Ultimate Skid Steer Loader Experience with the Bobcat 520, 530, 533"
Are you in the market for a reliable and versatile skid steer loader? Look no further than the Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 models. These original machines offer exceptional performance, durability, and maneuverability for a wide range of applications. With the downloadable manual, you'll have access to comprehensive information about these skid steer loaders, including engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, and much more. Get ready to enhance your productivity and efficiency with the Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 skid steer loaders.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• Engine: Kohler K-Series gasoline engine
• Displacement: 20 cubic inches (520), 30 cubic inches (530), 33 cubic inches (533)
• Power Output: 9 horsepower (520), 16 horsepower (530), 18 horsepower (533)
• Cooling System: Air-cooled
• Fuel Capacity: 4 gallons
• Operating Weight: 2,400 lbs (520), 3,000 lbs (530), 3,300 lbs (533)
• Rated Operating Capacity: 500 lbs (520), 1,000 lbs (530), 1,300 lbs (533)
• Tipping Load: 1,000 lbs (520), 2,000 lbs (530), 2,600 lbs (533)
• Hydraulic System Pressure: 1,750 psi
• Travel Speed: 4.5 mph
• Bucket Width: 36 inches (520), 44 inches (530), 48 inches (533)
• Maximum Lift Height: 88 inches (520), 98 inches (530), 103 inches (533)
• Auxiliary Hydraulic Flow: 6.5 gpm (520), 9.0 gpm (530), 10.5 gpm (533)
• Engine Oil Capacity: 1.5 quarts
• Hydraulic System Capacity: 4.5 gallons
• Battery: 12V, 220 CCA
• Fuel Type: Gasoline
• Number of Cylinders: 1
• Drive System: Hydrostatic
• Operating Voltage: 12V
• Wheelbase: 31 inches (520), 33 inches (530), 34 inches (533)
• Ground Clearance: 5.7 inches
• Operating Load: 250 lbs (520), 500 lbs (530), 650 lbs (533)
• Dump Height: 62 inches (520), 75 inches (530), 82 inches (533)
• Dump Reach: 20 inches (520), 24 inches (530), 29 inches (533)
• Breakout Force: 600 lbs (520), 1,300 lbs (530), 1,600 lbs (533)
• Maximum Pump Capacity: 10 gpm (520), 13 gpm (530), 14 gpm (533)
• Maximum Pump Pressure: 2,200 psi (520), 3,000 psi (530), 3,300 psi (533)
• Engine Speed: 3,600 RPM
• Lift Arm Path: Vertical
Facts and Details:
- The Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 models are compact skid steer loaders designed for small to medium-sized jobs.
- These models feature a straightforward design with an open cab, providing excellent visibility and ease of operation.
- The Kohler K-Series gasoline engines used in these skid steer loaders are known for their reliability and fuel efficiency.
- The hydrostatic drive system allows for smooth and precise maneuverability in tight spaces.
- The Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 models are compatible with various attachments, including buckets, forks, augers, and more, to increase versatility.
- These skid steer loaders are equipped with auxiliary hydraulics, allowing operators to operate various powered attachments.
- The small footprint and compact dimensions of these models make them ideal for use in landscaping, construction, and agriculture.
- The Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 offer easy maintenance access points, simplifying routine servicing and inspections.
- Despite their compact size, these skid steer loaders provide impressive lifting capacities and breakout forces.
- The open ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) cab design provides operator protection while maintaining a clear line of sight.
- The Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 feature robust construction and durable components, ensuring longevity and reliability.
- The lift arms of these models follow a vertical path, enabling efficient material loading and unloading.
- The lightweight design of these skid steer loaders allows for easy transportation between job sites.
- The Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 models are designed to provide excellent traction and stability on various terrains.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule, including engine oil and filter changes, hydraulic system inspections, and regular lubrication.
► Keep the air filter clean and free of debris to ensure proper engine performance and prevent premature wear.
► Check and maintain proper tire pressure to optimize stability, traction, and overall machine performance.
► Regularly inspect and clean the radiator and cooling system to prevent overheating and ensure efficient engine operation.
► Grease all pivot points and bearings as per the recommended intervals to prevent excessive wear and maintain smooth operation.
► Monitor hydraulic fluid levels and check for any signs of leaks. Address hydraulic system issues promptly to avoid damage to components.
► Clean the operator area and remove debris to prevent damage to controls, switches, and electrical connections.
► Keep the skid steer loader stored in a dry and secure location when not in use to protect it from the elements and extend its lifespan.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
* Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule strictly, including regular oil changes, filter replacements, and inspections of vital components.
* Keep a detailed record of all maintenance and repairs performed on the machine for reference and future resale value.
* Conduct a thorough visual inspection before each use, checking for any signs of wear, leaks, or loose components. Address any issues before operating the machine.
* Clean the machine regularly, removing debris and dirt from the engine compartment, cooling system, and operator area to maintain optimal performance and prevent damage.
* Prioritize proper lubrication of all moving parts, including pivot points, bearings, and the lift arm, to reduce wear and ensure smooth operation.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
■ Installation of a heavy-duty bucket for increased lifting capacity and durability.
■ Upgrading to high-quality tires designed for specific terrain conditions to enhance traction and stability.
■ Adding auxiliary lighting for improved visibility in low-light conditions or during nighttime operations.
■ Installing a cab enclosure or canopy to provide operator protection from the elements and enhance comfort.
■ Upgrading the seat to a more comfortable and ergonomic option for extended periods of operation.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ General Purpose Bucket
+ Grapple Bucket
+ Pallet Forks
+ Auger Attachment
+ Trencher Attachment
+ Snow Blade
+ Soil Conditioner
+ Sweeper Attachment
+ Broom Attachment
+ Hydraulic Breaker
+ Landscape Rake
+ Stump Grinder
+ Tree Spade
+ Vibratory Roller
+ Mulcher Attachment
+ Angle Broom
+ Dozer Blade
+ Hay Bale Spear
+ Cement Mixer
+ Angle Sweeper
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Compact size allows access to tight spaces
☺ Versatile with a wide range of attachments available
☺ Reliable engine performance
☺ Easy to operate and maintain
☺ Excellent lifting capacity for its size
☻ Limited operator comfort, especially in open cab models
☻ Traction may be compromised in certain terrains
☻ Lack of advanced features compared to larger skid steer loaders
☻ Operator visibility can be obstructed in some attachments
☻ Limited lift height and reach compared to larger models
The Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 skid steer loaders are reliable workhorses designed for maneuverability and versatility. With their compact size and impressive lifting capacities, they excel in a wide range of applications. Routine maintenance, adherence to recommended service intervals, and thorough inspections are crucial to keeping these machines in excellent condition. Whether you need to tackle landscaping projects, construction tasks, or agricultural work, the Bobcat 520, 530, and 533 skid steer loaders will deliver the performance and reliability you require.
Repairs That Need Most Frequent Attention and Parts That Often Break:
→ Hydraulic Hose Leaks: The hydraulic hoses are prone to wear and can develop leaks over time. Regularly inspect the hoses and replace any damaged or leaking ones promptly.
→ Drive Belt Replacement: The drive belt is responsible for transferring power from the engine to various components. If it shows signs of wear or damage, it should be replaced to avoid performance issues.
→ Engine Overheating: Issues with the cooling system, such as clogged radiators or malfunctioning thermostats, can cause the engine to overheat. Regularly check the cooling system and address any cooling-related issues promptly.
→ Fuel System Problems: Common fuel system issues include clogged fuel filters, faulty fuel pumps, or contaminated fuel. Regularly inspect and clean the fuel system components to ensure proper fuel delivery.
→ Electrical System Malfunctions: Loose connections, damaged wires, or faulty switches can cause electrical issues. Regularly inspect the electrical system and address any issues to prevent machine downtime.
→ Steering and Drive System Component Wear: Components such as steering links, drive chains, and sprockets can experience wear and require replacement over time. Regular inspection and proper lubrication can help prolong their lifespan.
→ Lift Cylinder Leaks: The lift cylinders may develop leaks over time, leading to reduced lifting capacity. Regularly inspect the lift cylinders and address any leaks or damage promptly.
→ Brake System Maintenance: Regularly inspect the brake system, including brake pads, calipers, and brake lines, to ensure proper function. Replace any worn or damaged components as necessary.
Purchase the Bobcat OEM shop manual in PDF format and unlock a comprehensive guide to maximize the performance and efficiency of your skid steer loader. Enhance the performance and efficiency of your Bobcat skid steer loader with the purchase of the PDF version of the original Bobcat OEM shop manual.
Your purchase of the original Bobcat OEM shop manual and parts list will grant you immediate access to the download link on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation for your records.