To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: Chrysler / Dodge Nitro
2007 Dodge Nitro SXT
2007 Dodge Nitro SLT
2007 Dodge Nitro R/T
2008 Dodge Nitro SXT
2008 Dodge Nitro SLT
2008 Dodge Nitro R/T
2009 Dodge Nitro SE
2009 Dodge Nitro SXT
2009 Dodge Nitro SLT
2009 Dodge Nitro R/T
Model or production year(s): 2007, 2008, 2009
"Download the Original 2007-2009 Dodge Nitro Parts List and Manual: Explore Engine Specs, Maintenance Tips, and More!"
If you own a 2007-2009 Dodge Nitro SUV, you're in luck! We're offering a unique opportunity to download the original parts list and manual for your beloved vehicle. This comprehensive guide will not only provide you with a detailed list of engine specifications and technical data but also equip you with essential maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, popular tuning options, compatible accessories, and attachments. Whether you're a seasoned owner or a recent Nitro enthusiast, this treasure trove of information is bound to keep your SUV running smoothly and efficiently.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• Engine Type: 3.7L V6 SOHC
• Horsepower: 210 hp @ 5,200 rpm
• Torque: 235 lb-ft @ 4,000 rpm
• Bore x Stroke: 3.66 in x 3.57 in
• Compression Ratio: 9.7:1
• Fuel Delivery: Sequential Multi-Port Fuel Injection (SMPFI)
• Transmission: 4-speed automatic/6-speed manual
• Drivetrain: Rear-Wheel Drive (RWD)/Four-Wheel Drive (4WD)
• Fuel Tank Capacity: 19.5 gallons (73.8 liters)
• Max Towing Capacity: 3,500 lbs (1,587 kg)
• Front Suspension: Independent, short and long arm
• Rear Suspension: Live axle, five-link
• Turning Circle: 37.7 ft (11.5 meters)
• Curb Weight: Approximately 4,000 lbs (1,814 kg)
• Ground Clearance: 8.1 inches (20.6 cm)
• Wheelbase: 108.8 inches (276.4 cm)
• Overall Length: 178.9 inches (454.4 cm)
• Overall Width: 73.1 inches (185.7 cm)
• Overall Height: 69.9 inches (177.5 cm)
• Front Brake Type: Ventilated Disc
• Rear Brake Type: Solid Disc
• Steering Type: Power Rack-and-Pinion
• Front Tire Size: P235/65R17
• Rear Tire Size: P235/65R17
• Maximum Cargo Capacity: 65.2 cubic feet (with rear seats folded)
Facts and Details:
- The Nitro was introduced in 2007 as Dodge's first compact SUV.
- Its aggressive exterior design featured prominent fender flares and a crosshair grille.
- The Nitro offered a spacious and versatile interior with fold-flat rear seats.
- An available 4WD system provided better off-road capability and traction in adverse conditions.
- The 2007 Nitro received a 5-star rating for driver and front-passenger protection in the NHTSA frontal crash test.
- Nitro's Load 'N Go sliding cargo floor made it easier to load and unload heavy items.
- In 2009, the Nitro underwent a facelift, featuring revised front and rear fascias.
- Nitro models offered various trims, including SXT, SLT, and R/T (Road/Track).
- The Nitro R/T variant featured a more powerful 4.0L V6 engine with 260 hp and 265 lb-ft of torque.
- Dodge offered optional features like a premium sound system, navigation, and a rear-seat DVD entertainment system.
- It had a towing capacity of up to 3,500 pounds, making it suitable for light trailers and boats.
- The Nitro's fuel efficiency ranged from 15 to 21 mpg combined, depending on the engine and drivetrain.
- It competed with other mid-size SUVs like the Jeep Liberty, Ford Escape, and Honda CR-V.
- The Nitro's cabin boasted an attractive design with soft-touch materials and user-friendly controls.
- Common safety features included ABS, stability control, and side-curtain airbags.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
Routine maintenance is crucial to keep your Nitro in top-notch condition. Here are some general maintenance intervals and tips:
► Oil Change: Replace engine oil and oil filter every 5,000 to 7,500 miles or every 6 months (whichever comes first).
► Air Filter: Check and replace the engine air filter every 15,000 to 30,000 miles.
► Spark Plugs: Replace spark plugs every 30,000 to 60,000 miles.
► Brake Fluid: Replace brake fluid every 2 years or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Coolant: Flush and replace coolant every 2 to 3 years.
► Transmission Fluid: Replace automatic transmission fluid every 60,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Tire Rotation: Rotate tires every 5,000 to 7,500 miles to ensure even wear.
* Electrical Problems: Some owners reported issues with power windows and door locks.
* Heating and Cooling System: Faulty blower motors and coolant leaks were reported in some instances.
* Transmission Issues: A few owners experienced transmission related problems, such as harsh shifting.
* Suspension Components: Some Nitro models experienced premature wear on suspension components.
* Check Engine Light: Intermittent check engine light illumination due to various reasons.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
■ Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule to ensure timely servicing.
■ Regularly inspect and maintain the cooling system to prevent overheating and coolant leaks.
■ Keep an eye on tire pressure and perform regular tire rotations to extend tire life and maintain proper handling.
■ Address any warning lights or abnormal behavior immediately to prevent potential damage.
■ Regularly clean and lubricate door locks and hinges to prevent electrical issues and ensure smooth operation.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Aftermarket exhaust systems for improved performance and a sportier sound.
+ Performance air intake kits to enhance airflow to the engine.
+ Upgraded suspension components for better handling and ride quality.
+ ECU (Engine Control Unit) tuning to optimize engine performance.
+ LED or HID lighting upgrades for better visibility during night driving.
Accessories and Attachments:
♦ Roof racks and cargo carriers for extra storage capacity.
♦ Towing hitch and accessories for trailers and bike racks.
♦ Weather-resistant floor mats to protect the interior.
♦ Window deflectors to allow airflow without rain getting in.
♦ Custom-fit seat covers for added protection and style.
♦ Back-up cameras for improved safety while reversing.
♦ Bluetooth hands-free kits for enhanced connectivity.
♦ Upgraded sound systems and speakers for better audio experience.
♦ Remote start systems for added convenience.
♦ Off-road accessories like skid plates and brush guards for adventure seekers.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Unique and eye-catching design stands out on the road.
☺ Spacious interior with practical features like Load 'N Go sliding cargo floor.
☺ Capable off-road performance with the 4WD system.
☺ Powerful V6 engine option in the R/T model.
☺ Smooth and comfortable ride for long journeys.
☻ Fuel economy could be better, especially with the 4.0L engine.
☻ Some owners reported electrical and transmission issues.
☻ Turning circle might be too wide for tight spaces.
☻ Rear visibility can be limited due to thick pillars.
The 2007-2009 Dodge Nitro is a distinctive and capable mid-size SUV with its aggressive design and spacious interior. With a range of engine options and trims, it caters to various needs and preferences. The downloadable original parts list and manual provide valuable insights into the vehicle's engine specifications, maintenance tips, and common issues. While it has its strengths, like its unique style and off-road capability, it also faces challenges, including fuel economy and potential reliability concerns. However, with proper maintenance and timely addressing of issues, the Nitro can offer a satisfying driving experience for its owners, making it a notable SUV choice from its era.
Frequent Repairs and Commonly Broken Parts for 2007-2009 Dodge Nitro:
→ Brake Pads and Rotors: Brake components often require replacement due to regular wear and tear.
→ Suspension Bushings: These can wear out, leading to handling issues and noise.
→ Battery: The battery may need replacement after a few years of use.
→ Alternator: A common component that may fail over time, affecting electrical functions.
→ Starter Motor: Starter issues can arise, requiring repairs or replacement.
→ Radiator: Radiator leaks or malfunctions can cause engine overheating.
→ Water Pump: Water pumps may wear out, leading to cooling system problems.
→ Fuel Pump: Fuel delivery issues can occur with a faulty fuel pump.
→ Power Window Regulators: Window regulators can break, affecting window operation.
→ Ignition Coils: Ignition coil failures can cause misfires and engine performance problems.
→ Steering Rack: Steering rack leaks or failures may require replacement.
→ Wheel Bearings: Wheel bearings can wear out and produce noise or vibration.
→ AC Compressor: AC compressor failures can result in loss of cooling performance.
→ Throttle Body: Throttle body issues can affect engine performance and throttle response.
→ Exhaust System: Components like mufflers and catalytic converters may need replacement.
Get the original Dodge Nitro shop handbook in PDF format by clicking the green button below.
Upon payment completion, your download link for the authentic Dodge shop manual and parts list will be displayed on the checkout page, and you will receive an immediate payment confirmation email.