To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models: Pontiac G5 / General Motors
2007 Pontiac G5
2008 Pontiac G5
2009 Pontiac G5
Engine: 2.0L | 2.2L | 2.4 L
Auto Transmission: 4T45-E
Manual Transmission: M86 | MU3
Production/model years: 2007, 2008, 2009
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Instant delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Repair Made Easy: Purchase a PDF Manual for the 2007-2009 Pontiac G5 Compact Car"
When it comes to maintaining and repairing your Pontiac G5, having access to accurate and detailed information is crucial. If you own a 2007-2009 Pontiac G5 and find yourself in need of repairs, we have a convenient solution for you. Purchase a PDF manual specifically tailored for your model, providing you with comprehensive information and step-by-step instructions. With this detailed handbook, you'll have the knowledge and guidance to tackle repairs and ensure your Pontiac G5 stays in optimal condition.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2007-2009 Pontiac G5 is available with two engine options: a 2.2-liter inline-4 and a 2.4-liter inline-4.
• The 2.2-liter engine produces approximately 148 horsepower and 152 lb-ft of torque.
• It features a double overhead cam (DOHC) configuration with four valves per cylinder.
• The 2.4-liter engine delivers around 171 horsepower and 167 lb-ft of torque.
• It also has a DOHC configuration with four valves per cylinder.
• The Pontiac G5 comes with front-wheel drive (FWD) and a 5-speed manual transmission or an optional 4-speed automatic transmission.
• It has a MacPherson strut front suspension and a torsion beam rear suspension for a balance of comfort and handling.
• The G5 is equipped with front disc brakes and rear drum brakes.
• It has a wheelbase of approximately 103.5 inches and an overall length of around 179.8 inches.
• The Pontiac G5 offers seating for up to five passengers, with comfortable and supportive front seats.
• It features a trunk with a capacity of approximately 13.9 cubic feet.
• The G5 has a fuel tank capacity of around 13.2 gallons.
• It offers a blend of fuel efficiency and performance, making it suitable for daily commuting and occasional highway driving.
• The Pontiac G5 received good safety ratings, with features such as anti-lock brakes (ABS) and front-seat side airbags.
Facts and Details:
- The Pontiac G5 is a compact car known for its affordability and sporty styling.
- It offers a comfortable and well-designed interior, with modern features and user-friendly controls.
- The G5 received positive reviews for its nimble handling and responsive steering.
- It provides a smooth and enjoyable driving experience, with good maneuverability in urban environments.
- The Pontiac G5 offers a range of convenience features, including power windows, keyless entry, and an available sunroof.
- It is fuel-efficient, particularly with the 2.2-liter engine option, making it an economical choice for daily commuting.
- The G5 has a sleek and aerodynamic exterior design, with bold lines and a distinctive front grille.
- It received good scores in crash tests, demonstrating its commitment to occupant safety.
- The Pontiac G5 offers a good balance between comfort and sportiness, appealing to drivers looking for a compact car with a touch of excitement.
- It is known for its affordability and low ownership costs, making it an attractive choice for budget-conscious consumers.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular maintenance intervals for the Pontiac G5 include oil changes every 5,000-7,500 miles and scheduled inspections every 15,000-30,000 miles.
► It is important to follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule to ensure the longevity of your vehicle.
► General maintenance tips include checking tire pressure regularly, inspecting and replacing air filters as needed, and keeping fluids at their proper levels.
► Common issues reported with the 2007-2009 Pontiac G5 include ignition switch failure, power window malfunctions, and coolant leaks.
► To address ignition switch issues, it is recommended to replace the faulty ignition switch with a new one.
► If you experience power window malfunctions, inspecting and replacing faulty window regulators or switches may be necessary.
► Coolant leaks can be addressed by inspecting and replacing components such as the radiator, hoses, or water pump as needed.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications for the Pontiac G5:
* Upgrading the suspension components, such as shocks and struts, can improve ride comfort and handling.
* Installing a cold air intake system or upgrading the air filter can improve engine performance and fuel efficiency.
* Upgrading the exhaust system with aftermarket headers and performance mufflers can enhance the engine sound and potentially improve horsepower.
* Adding aftermarket wheels and tires can enhance the overall aesthetics and improve traction.
* Installing a performance chip or reprogramming the engine control unit (ECU) can optimize the engine's performance and drivability.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options for the Pontiac G5:
■ Custom-fit car covers to protect the vehicle's exterior.
■ All-weather floor mats to keep the interior clean and shield it from dirt and moisture.
■ Upgraded audio systems for improved sound quality and connectivity options.
■ Interior accessories such as seat covers, sunshades, and organizers for added convenience.
■ Exterior styling accessories, including body kits, spoilers, and chrome accents.
■ Performance suspension upgrades, such as lowering springs or sway bars, for improved handling.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Affordable price and low ownership costs.
☺ Nimble handling and maneuverability.
☺ Fuel-efficient engine options.
☺ Sporty exterior styling.
☺ Comfortable and well-designed interior.
☻ Some owners reported issues with power window malfunctions.
☻ Limited rear seat space compared to larger compact cars.
☻ Interior materials may feel less refined compared to higher-end competitors.
Repairs That Need to Be Carried Out Most Frequently:
→ Routine maintenance services, such as oil and filter changes, fluid top-ups, and tire rotations.
→ Ignition switch replacements due to failure or intermittent starting issues.
→ Power window regulator replacements to address malfunctions or window operation failures.
→ Coolant system repairs, including radiator and hose replacements, to address leaks or overheating issues.
→ Suspension component replacements, such as shocks and struts, to maintain ride quality and handling.
→ Brake system maintenance, such as replacing brake pads and rotors, to ensure proper braking performance.
Access the detailed shop handbook for your Pontiac vehicle by simply clicking the green button to initiate the manual download. Once your payment is complete, the checkout page will display the download link for the official Pontiac OEM shop manual and parts list. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information to ensure immediate access to the valuable resources you need for your Pontiac vehicle.