To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: Cherokee / Jeep (Stellantis)
Jeep Cherokee Sport (year range: 2000)
Jeep Cherokee Classic (year range: 2000)
Jeep Cherokee Limited (year range: 2000)
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilanguage)
"Download the Manual for the 2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV"
Unlock the full potential of your 2000 Jeep Cherokee SUV by downloading the comprehensive manual. This iconic SUV is known for its ruggedness, versatility, and off-road capabilities. With detailed engine specifications, maintenance tips, and popular modifications, this guide will empower you to optimize the performance and reliability of your Jeep Cherokee.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2000 Jeep Cherokee was available with two engine options: a 2.5-liter inline-4 and a 4.0-liter inline-6.
• The 2.5-liter inline-4 engine produced approximately 125 horsepower and 150 lb-ft of torque.
• The 4.0-liter inline-6 engine delivered around 190 horsepower and 225 lb-ft of torque.
• Both engines utilized a multi-point fuel injection system for efficient combustion.
• The 2000 Jeep Cherokee featured a 4-speed automatic transmission as the standard option, with a 5-speed manual transmission available.
• It had rear-wheel drive as the standard drivetrain, with the option for four-wheel drive.
• The towing capacity for the Jeep Cherokee ranged from approximately 2,000 to 5,000 pounds, depending on the engine and configuration.
• The SUV featured a unibody construction, providing a balance of strength and weight savings.
• It had a ground clearance of approximately 8.3 inches, allowing for capable off-road performance.
• The 2000 Jeep Cherokee had a maximum cargo capacity of approximately 68 cubic feet with the rear seats folded down.
• It offered seating for up to five passengers and a comfortable cabin with practical storage solutions.
• The Jeep Cherokee featured a suspension system designed for both on-road comfort and off-road capability.
• It had power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering for responsive handling.
• The SUV was equipped with disc brakes on the front wheels and drum brakes on the rear wheels.
• It had a turning circle of approximately 35.5 feet, facilitating maneuverability in various driving conditions.
• The Jeep Cherokee featured a range of trim levels, including Sport, Classic, and Limited, offering different levels of features and options.
• It offered a range of available safety features, such as antilock brakes and driver and front passenger airbags.
• The Jeep Cherokee was designed to handle various weather and terrain conditions, making it a versatile choice for daily commuting and off-road adventures.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for engine oil and filter changes, coolant flushes, and other routine maintenance tasks.
► Regularly inspect and replace worn or damaged belts and hoses to prevent breakdowns.
► Keep the air filter clean and replace it as necessary to maintain proper engine airflow and prevent contaminants from entering the system.
► Lubricate all pivot points, including door hinges and suspension components, according to the manufacturer's recommendations.
► Check and maintain proper tire pressure for optimal fuel efficiency and tire wear.
► Regularly inspect the electrical system for loose connections and damaged wires. Address any issues promptly to avoid electrical malfunctions.
► Clean the radiator and cooling system regularly to prevent overheating and ensure efficient engine cooling.
► Pay attention to any abnormal noises, vibrations, or fluid leaks during operation. These may indicate mechanical issues that require inspection and repair by a qualified technician.
► Consult the official Jeep manual for specific maintenance procedures and recommended intervals.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Adding a lift kit to increase ground clearance for improved off-road capability.
* Installing larger, all-terrain tires for enhanced traction and a more aggressive look.
* Upgrading the suspension system with aftermarket shocks and springs for improved off-road performance.
* Installing a cold air intake system for increased airflow and potential horsepower gains.
* Adding auxiliary lighting, such as LED light bars or fog lights, for improved visibility during off-road adventures.
* Upgrading the exhaust system for improved engine sound and potential performance gains.
* Installing rock sliders or skid plates for enhanced underbody protection during off-road driving.
* Upgrading the stereo system and speakers for improved audio quality and modern connectivity options.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Roof racks and cargo carriers for additional storage capacity.
■ Tow hitches and trailer wiring kits for towing capabilities.
■ Winches and recovery gear for off-road adventures.
■ Floor mats and cargo liners for enhanced interior protection.
■ Roof-mounted tents for camping and outdoor activities.
■ Brush guards and bull bars for front-end protection.
■ Upgraded headlights and taillights for improved visibility and style.
■ Off-road bumpers for added durability and enhanced approach angles.
■ Aftermarket wheels and tire packages for a customized look and off-road performance.
■ Suspension lift kits and leveling kits for increased ground clearance.
■ Interior accessories, such as seat covers, storage solutions, and dash mounts.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Excellent off-road capabilities and ruggedness.
☺ Reliable and durable engine options.
☺ Compact size for maneuverability in urban environments.
☺ Abundance of aftermarket parts and accessories for customization.
☺ Simple and functional interior design.
☻ Limited cargo space compared to larger SUVs.
☻ Relatively poor fuel efficiency.
☻ Some owners reported issues with rust on older models.
☻ Interior noise levels can be higher compared to more modern SUVs.
☻ Limited advanced safety features compared to newer vehicles.
Repairs Most Frequently Needed and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Radiator and cooling system repairs.
→ Brake system repairs, including caliper and rotor replacements.
→ Suspension component replacements, such as control arms or bushings.
→ Steering system repairs, including power steering pump or rack and pinion replacements.
→ Fuel system repairs, such as fuel pump or injector replacements.
→ Electrical system repairs, including wiring harness replacements.
→ Transmission repairs or replacements.
→ Exhaust system repairs, including muffler or catalytic converter replacements.
→ Starter or alternator replacements.
→ Window regulator and motor repairs.
→ Axle and driveline repairs.
Click the green button to instantly access the detailed PDF manual for your Jeep Cherokee and easily resolve any issues. Upon completing your payment, the checkout page will display the downloadlink for the official Jeep OEM shop manual and parts catalog. Additionally, we will immediately email you the payment confirmation, which will include the link for your download.