To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: Spree NQ50 / Honda Motor Co., Ltd
1984 Honda Spree NQ50
1985 Honda Spree NQ50
1986 Honda Spree NQ50
1987 Honda Spree NQ50
Engine: 49 cc
Production year(s): 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987
- Honda Spree 1984-1987 Shop Manual
- Honda Spree Owner's Manual
- Honda General Manuals
- Honda Common Service Manual
- Honda Motorcycle Common Tool Manual (1979)
- Which Model? by Honda 1970
- Honda Spree Wiring Diagram 1984-1985
- Honda Spree Wiring Diagram 1986
- Honda Spree Wiring Diagram After 1986
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilanguage)
"Download the Comprehensive Honda Spree NQ50 Scooter Repair Manual for Engine Specifications, Maintenance Tips, and More"
Looking to delve into the inner workings of your 1984-1987 Honda Spree NQ50 scooter? We've got you covered! Download the exclusive and detailed repair manual for this classic scooter model, which provides comprehensive engine specifications, maintenance intervals, common issues and their solutions, tuning tips, compatible accessories, owner reviews, and much more. Unlock the secrets of the Honda Spree NQ50 and keep your scooter running smoothly and efficiently for years to come.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Honda Spree NQ50 features an air-cooled, 49cc two-stroke engine.
• It has a single-cylinder configuration, delivering power to the rear wheel.
• The bore and stroke of the engine measure 40mm x 39.2mm, respectively.
• The compression ratio is set at 7.2:1.
• Fuel is delivered through a single 14mm Keihin carburetor.
• The engine utilizes a capacitor discharge ignition (CDI) system for efficient spark generation.
• It comes equipped with an automatic centrifugal clutch for smooth acceleration.
• The Spree NQ50 employs a forced-air cooling system to maintain optimal engine temperature.
• The transmission is a continuously variable automatic (CVT) type.
• The scooter features a kick-start mechanism for easy ignition.
• It has a fuel capacity of approximately 1.5 gallons (5.7 liters).
• The Spree NQ50 comes with a 12V electrical system.
• The engine's power output is rated at 2.3 horsepower at 6,000 RPM.
• The scooter is capable of reaching a top speed of around 30 mph (48 km/h).
• It utilizes an oil injection system for automatic lubrication.
• The Honda Spree NQ50 weighs approximately 98 lbs (44 kg).
• The front suspension consists of telescopic forks, while the rear uses a single shock.
• It features drum brakes on both the front and rear wheels for stopping power.
• The scooter rides on 10-inch wheels with tube-type tires.
• The wheelbase of the Spree NQ50 measures 43.7 inches (111 cm).
Facts and Details:
- The Honda Spree NQ50 was first introduced to the market in 1984 and continued production until 1987.
- It gained popularity for its compact size, fuel efficiency, and ease of use.
- The Spree NQ50 was designed as an urban commuter scooter, ideal for short-distance travels.
- Its lightweight construction and small dimensions made it maneuverable in congested city streets.
- The scooter featured a step-through design, allowing easy mounting and dismounting.
- The Spree NQ50 was available in a variety of vibrant colors, including red, blue, yellow, and white.
- It became known for its reliability and durability, offering years of trouble-free riding.
- The scooter featured a comfortable and ergonomic seating position, suitable for riders of various heights.
- The Honda Spree NQ50 offered ample under-seat storage, perfect for carrying small items or essentials.
- It boasted a simple yet stylish design, appealing to riders looking for a practical and trendy mode of transportation.
- The scooter's low seat height and lightweight nature made it accessible to riders of all skill levels.
- The Honda Spree NQ50 featured a user-friendly instrument panel, displaying essential information such as speed and fuel level.
- It gained a reputation for its excellent fuel efficiency, making it an economical choice for daily commuting.
- The Spree NQ50 was often praised for its ease of maintenance and readily available spare parts.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular maintenance intervals for the Honda Spree NQ50 include oil changes every 1,000 miles (1,609 km) or every six months, whichever comes first.
► The spark plug should be inspected and replaced if necessary every 3,000 miles (4,828 km).
► Air filter cleaning or replacement is recommended every 2,500 miles (4,023 km) to ensure optimal engine performance.
► It is important to check the tire pressure regularly and maintain it within the recommended range.
► Lubricate the throttle and brake cables periodically to prevent sticking or binding.
► Keep an eye on the transmission belt and replace it if signs of wear or cracking are present.
► Common issues with the Honda Spree NQ50 include carburetor clogs, which can be resolved by cleaning or rebuilding the carburetor.
► Another common problem is a faulty ignition system, which may require replacing the spark plug or CDI unit.
► Fuel system issues such as clogged fuel lines or a malfunctioning petcock can lead to poor performance or stalling; ensure regular inspection and cleaning.
► Electrical issues, such as a weak battery or faulty wiring, may cause starting problems and should be addressed promptly.
► Regularly inspect the brakes for wear and replace brake pads as needed.
► If experiencing starting difficulties, check the kick-start mechanism and ensure it is engaging properly.
► Ensure the exhaust system is free from obstructions or leaks, as it can affect performance and fuel efficiency.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system to an aftermarket performance exhaust can improve overall engine performance and enhance the scooter's sound.
* Installing a high-flow air filter and rejetting the carburetor can optimize air intake and fuel delivery, boosting power and responsiveness.
* Replacing the stock variator and clutch springs with aftermarket options can improve acceleration and top speed.
* Upgrading the suspension components with aftermarket shocks or springs can enhance the scooter's handling and ride comfort.
* Installing LED lighting can improve visibility and provide a modern touch to the scooter's appearance.
* Customizing the body panels or adding decals can give the Honda Spree NQ50 a unique and personalized look.
* Swapping out the stock handlebars for aftermarket options can enhance rider comfort and control.
Compatible Accessories and Attachments (as described in the official manual):
■ Windshield: A windshield attachment provides protection from wind and debris while riding.
■ Rear Luggage Rack: A rear luggage rack allows for additional storage space or the attachment of a top case or bag.
■ Front Basket: A front basket attachment provides convenient storage for small items or groceries.
■ Rear View Mirrors: Additional mirrors can be installed for improved rear visibility.
■ Cover: A scooter cover helps protect the Honda Spree NQ50 from the elements when parked.
■ Locking Mechanism: An aftermarket locking mechanism can enhance security when leaving the scooter unattended.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Owners often praise the Honda Spree NQ50 for its lightweight and nimble handling, making it easy to maneuver in city traffic. Its fuel efficiency and low maintenance requirements are also highly regarded.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners mention that the scooter's small wheels can be susceptible to bumps and potholes, leading to a slightly harsh ride. Additionally, the limited top speed may not be suitable for riders seeking higher performance.
Frequently Required Repairs and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Carburetor cleaning or rebuilding is a common repair due to clogs or fuel delivery issues.
→ Spark plug replacement is frequently needed for optimal engine performance.
→ Clutch belt replacement is necessary when signs of wear or cracking are observed.
→ Ignition system repairs, such as replacing the CDI unit or spark plug, are often required to address starting or performance issues.
→ Brake pad replacement is necessary to ensure effective braking.
→ Exhaust system repairs may be needed to address leaks or obstructions.
→ Kick-start mechanism repairs or adjustments may be required to fix starting problems.
→ Fuel system repairs, such as cleaning or replacing fuel lines and the petcock, are common to address poor performance or fuel delivery issues.
→ Electrical system repairs may be necessary to resolve starting or lighting problems.
→ Suspension component replacements or upgrades can be performed to enhance ride quality and handling.
→ Body panel repairs or replacements may be needed due to damage or wear.
→ Tire replacements are required when the tread wears down or punctures occur.
Access the downloadable PDF repair manual from Honda to fix your scooter. Upon completing your payment, you will be directed to the checkout page, where you can instantly access the official Honda OEM shop manual and parts catalog. Additionally, we will promptly send you a confirmation email containing the payment receipt.