To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is compatible with the following models: Espace / Renault
Renault Espace I (1997-2002)
Espace I 2.0
Espace I 2.2 dCi
Espace I 3.0 V6
Renault Espace II (2002-2006)
Espace II 1.9 dCi
Espace II 2.0 Turbo
Espace II 3.5 V6
Renault Espace III (2006-2008)
Espace III 1.9 dCi
Espace III 2.0 Turbo
Espace III 3.5 V6
Production/model years: 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Original Renault Espace MPV Parts List and Manual for 1997-2008 Models"
Discover the versatility and innovation of the 1997-2008 Renault Espace MPV series, designed to cater to families and travelers seeking comfort and functionality. In this comprehensive guide, we will explore the engine specifications, maintenance tips, tuning options, accessories, and owner reviews of these iconic MPVs. Whether you are an owner or an enthusiast looking to learn more about these well-regarded vehicles, this article will equip you with valuable insights to ensure their optimal performance and longevity.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Renault Espace offered a range of engine options during the 1997-2008 period, including petrol and diesel variants.
• Petrol engines: 2.0L, 2.2L, and 3.0L engines with power outputs ranging from 115 to 210 horsepower, depending on the model and year.
• Diesel engines: 1.9L dCi and 2.2L dCi engines, providing power outputs from 90 to 150 horsepower, suitable for improved fuel efficiency.
• Transmission options included 5-speed manual, 6-speed manual, and automatic transmissions, offering smooth and efficient gear shifts.
• The Espace came with front-wheel drive as the standard drivetrain, providing stable handling and good traction.
• The MPVs featured a multi-link rear suspension and MacPherson struts at the front for a comfortable and composed ride.
• The 1997-2008 Espace models had various wheelbase lengths, offering ample space for passengers and cargo.
• Advanced safety features included ABS (Anti-lock Braking System), traction control, and multiple airbags to enhance passenger protection.
• The innovative FlexSpace seating arrangement allowed for versatile interior configurations to accommodate different passenger and cargo needs.
• The Espace MPVs were known for their aerodynamic design, contributing to reduced wind resistance and improved fuel efficiency.
• Fuel tank capacities ranged from approximately 65 to 80 liters, providing good driving range between refueling stops.
• Electric power-assisted steering (EPAS) was employed in some models for improved handling and reduced fuel consumption.
• The Espace's cabin featured a driver-oriented dashboard layout with user-friendly controls and technology features.
• Depending on the trim level, the MPVs offered various amenities such as air conditioning, power windows, and a premium sound system.
• The Renault Espace had ample storage compartments and cup holders throughout the cabin, enhancing convenience for passengers.
Facts and Details:
- Renault introduced the fourth-generation Espace in 1997, and it became widely recognized for its innovative design and practicality.
- The Espace was a pioneer in the MPV segment, setting the standard for future family-oriented vehicles.
- The unique one-box design and large windows provided excellent visibility for both drivers and passengers.
- The Espace was well-regarded for its generous legroom and headroom, offering a comfortable and spacious cabin for extended journeys.
- In 2002, the Espace underwent a facelift with updates to the front grille, headlights, and rear lights, giving it a more modern appearance.
- The Espace's modular seating system allowed for multiple seat configurations, including folding and removable seats for expanded cargo space.
- Some Espace models were equipped with innovative features like a panoramic sunroof and rear-seat entertainment systems.
- The MPVs received high safety ratings in crash tests, contributing to their appeal as family-friendly vehicles.
- Renault offered optional four-wheel steering (4WS) on certain models, enhancing maneuverability at low speeds and stability at higher speeds.
- The Espace enjoyed commercial success across Europe, becoming one of Renault's best-selling vehicles during its production years.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regularly follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for oil changes, filter replacements, and other essential services.
► Keep the cooling system in good condition by checking coolant levels, hoses, and the radiator for leaks or signs of wear.
► Inspect and replace worn brake pads and discs promptly to ensure effective braking performance and safety.
► Pay attention to suspension components, including shocks and struts, and replace any damaged parts to maintain ride comfort.
► Regularly check and replace the engine drive belts to prevent belt failure and avoid potential engine damage.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Perform regular inspections and routine maintenance to address potential issues before they escalate.
2. Use genuine Renault parts and recommended fluids for replacements and repairs to maintain the vehicle's performance and reliability.
3. Follow the owner's manual guidelines for tire maintenance, including proper inflation and rotation, for optimal tire lifespan and performance.
4. Keep the exterior and interior of the Espace clean and protected from environmental elements to preserve its appearance and value.
5. Maintain a service history record to track maintenance and repairs, which can be useful for future resale or evaluation purposes.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
■ Upgrading to aftermarket alloy wheels can improve the vehicle's aesthetics and handling characteristics.
■ Installing a performance exhaust system may enhance engine performance and provide a sportier exhaust note.
■ Upgrading the suspension components with aftermarket coilovers or dampers can improve ride quality and handling responsiveness.
■ Customizing the interior with seat covers and trim enhancements can personalize the cabin and improve comfort.
■ Enhancing the vehicle's audio system with aftermarket speakers and amplifiers can elevate the entertainment experience during drives.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Roof racks and cargo carriers for additional storage space during travel.
+ Towing hitches and accessories for towing trailers or caravans.
+ Window visors and wind deflectors for improved ventilation during rainy weather.
+ Floor mats and cargo liners to protect the vehicle's interior from dirt and wear.
+ Pet barriers and seat protectors for pet owners to travel with their furry companions.
+ Exterior styling accessories such as chrome trims and door handle covers to add a touch of elegance.
+ Sunshades and windshields to protect the interior from harmful UV rays and maintain a cooler cabin.
+ Car organizers and storage solutions for keeping the cabin neat and organized.
+ Exterior protective accessories, such as mud flaps and splash guards, to shield the vehicle from road debris.
+ Child seats and safety accessories to ensure safe and comfortable travel for young passengers.
Owner Reviews - Strengths and Weaknesses:
☺ The Renault Espace was praised for its innovative and flexible interior design, offering various seating configurations and ample space for passengers and cargo.
☺ Owners appreciated the comfortable and smooth ride, making it an ideal choice for long-distance journeys.
☺ The safety features and crash test ratings were commended, providing peace of mind for families.
☻ Some owners experienced issues with electronic components, such as faulty sensors or electrical gremlins.
☻ Certain models reported problems with gearbox reliability and durability.
☻ Repair costs for some specific components were mentioned as relatively high, necessitating careful maintenance and regular inspections.
The 1997-2008 Renault Espace MPVs have left an enduring legacy in the automotive world as innovative and versatile family-oriented vehicles. With spacious interiors, practical features, and a comfortable ride, the Espace catered to the needs of families and travelers alike. Over the years, it evolved with updates and facelifts, maintaining its appeal across Europe and beyond. Owners appreciated the modular seating system, which allowed for flexible configurations to accommodate varying passenger and cargo needs. While some electronic and gearbox issues were reported, regular maintenance and using genuine parts can mitigate potential problems and keep the Espace running smoothly for years to come. Whether it's transporting your loved ones or embarking on exciting journeys, the Renault Espace stands as a symbol of practicality and innovation in the MPV segment.
Most Frequently Needed Repairs and Commonly Replaced Parts:
→ Brake system maintenance: Regular replacement of brake pads and discs due to wear.
→ Suspension components: Common replacements include shocks, struts, and control arms.
→ Engine drive belts: Belts require periodic replacements to prevent failure.
→ Cooling system repairs: Common issues include radiator leaks and coolant hose replacements.
→ Electrical system issues: Faulty sensors and electrical gremlins may need attention.
→ Gearbox repairs: Some models may experience gearbox reliability and durability issues.
→ Electronic component replacements: Common issues involve faulty sensors and electronic modules.
→ Exhaust system repairs: Catalytic converters and exhaust pipes may require replacement over time.
Get the original Renault manual and parts list in PDF format by clicking the green button.
Upon payment completion, your download link for the genuine Renault shop manual and parts list will be provided on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.