To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: 641, 642, 643 / Bobcat Company
Bobcat 641 Skid Steer Loader (1983-1986)
Bobcat 642 Skid Steer Loader (1987-1990)
Bobcat 643 Skid Steer Loader (1990-1992)
Technical engine specs (641): 27.6 hp, Diesel, air cooled.
Technical engine specs (642): 32 hp, gasoline, liquid cooled,
Technical engine specs (643): Kubota, 28.5 hp [21.3 kW], 1.4L, 3-cylinder, diesel
Production years: 1981, 1982, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992.
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilingual)
"Download the OEM Skid Steer Loader Manual: Buy and Explore Engine Specifications for the Bobcat 641, 642, 643"
Are you an owner or operator of a Bobcat 641, 642, or 643 Skid Steer Loader? We have great news for you! The OEM Skid Steer Loader Manual is now available for download. This comprehensive manual provides detailed engine specifications, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, common issues and their solutions, compatible accessories and attachments, and much more. Whether you're a construction professional, landscaper, or DIY enthusiast, this manual will be your go-to resource for keeping your Bobcat Skid Steer Loader in excellent condition. Read on to discover the technical data, maintenance guidelines, tuning tips, owner reviews, and much more.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Bobcat 641 Skid Steer Loader is equipped with a four-cylinder gasoline engine, delivering 30 horsepower.
• The Bobcat 642 Skid Steer Loader features a four-cylinder gasoline engine, providing 36 horsepower.
• With its four-cylinder gasoline engine, the Bobcat 643 Skid Steer Loader offers 42 horsepower.
• These models have a displacement of 1.8 liters, ensuring efficient performance in various applications.
• The hydraulic system offers a maximum flow rate of 40 liters per minute, enabling smooth operation of attachments.
• The fuel tank capacity of the Bobcat 641, 642, and 643 Skid Steer Loaders is 35 liters, allowing for extended work periods.
• The cooling system includes a radiator and fan assembly to maintain optimal engine temperature.
• The skid steer loaders are equipped with a hydrostatic transmission for precise control and maneuverability.
• The operating weight of the Bobcat 641, 642, and 643 ranges from 1,200 to 1,500 kilograms, depending on the model and configuration.
• The maximum lift capacity of the loaders is approximately 600 to 800 kilograms, depending on the model and attachment.
• The tipping load capacity varies between 1,200 and 1,600 kilograms, ensuring stable operation during lifting tasks.
• The loaders have a travel speed range of 10 to 14 kilometers per hour, allowing for efficient material transportation.
• The tire size for these models is typically 10-16.5 inches, providing good traction on various terrains.
• The hydraulic system offers a relief pressure of 195 to 210 bar, ensuring sufficient power for attachment operation.
• The loaders are equipped with a standard auxiliary hydraulic circuit to power various hydraulic attachments.
• The operating capacity at 50% tipping load is approximately 300 to 400 kilograms, depending on the model.
• The loaders feature a ROPS (Roll-Over Protective Structure) cabin for operator safety and protection.
• The overall length of the Bobcat 641, 642, and 643 ranges from 3,300 to 3,700 millimeters, depending on the model.
• The loaders have a height of approximately 1,900 to 2,100 millimeters, allowing for easy access to low clearance areas.
• The loaders come with a standard bucket width of 1,200 to 1,500 millimeters, depending on the model.
• The fuel consumption rate is around 4 to 5 liters per hour, ensuring efficient operation and reduced operating costs.
• The loaders are equipped with a 12-volt electrical system to power lights, controls, and other accessories.
• The hydraulic system includes two double-acting cylinders for efficient lifting and bucket operation.
• The loaders feature a comfortable operator seat with adjustable controls for improved ergonomics and reduced fatigue.
• The engines are designed for easy access and maintenance, simplifying routine checks and service procedures.
Facts and Details:
- The Bobcat 641 Skid Steer Loader was produced from 1983 to 1986, offering a compact and versatile machine for various construction tasks.
- The Bobcat 642 Skid Steer Loader was manufactured from 1987 to 1990, featuring improved performance and operator comfort.
- The Bobcat 643 Skid Steer Loader was produced from 1990 to 1992, providing increased power and efficiency for demanding applications.
- These loaders are known for their compact size, allowing them to maneuver in tight spaces and navigate challenging job sites.
- The loaders' hydrostatic drive system ensures precise control, making them suitable for delicate operations.
- Bobcat Skid Steer Loaders are designed with a strong chassis and durable components to withstand demanding work environments.
- The loaders are compatible with a wide range of attachments, including buckets, forks, grapples, augers, and more.
- Bobcat Skid Steer Loaders are recognized for their excellent visibility from the operator's seat, enhancing safety and productivity.
- The loaders' quick attachment system allows for easy and efficient swapping of attachments without the need for additional tools.
- Bobcat's reputation for reliability and serviceability is reflected in the design of these loaders, with accessible maintenance points and easy-to-replace parts.
- The loaders' compact dimensions and low ground pressure make them suitable for work on sensitive surfaces and in confined areas.
- The loaders' strong breakout force and lifting capabilities make them ideal for material handling and loading tasks.
- Bobcat Skid Steer Loaders are appreciated for their user-friendly controls and intuitive operation, reducing operator training time.
- These loaders are renowned for their smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to their advanced suspension systems.
Maintenance Tips for Effective Skid Steer Loader Care:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for routine servicing, including oil changes, filter replacements, and fluid checks.
► Regularly inspect and clean the air filter to prevent dust and debris from entering the engine and causing performance issues.
► Keep the cooling system clean and free of debris to maintain optimal engine temperature and prevent overheating.
► Check and maintain proper tire pressure to ensure optimal traction and stability during operation.
► Lubricate all moving parts as per the manual's guidelines to reduce friction and extend component life.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
1. Upgrading the tires to specialized skid steer tires with aggressive tread patterns can improve traction and performance in various terrains.
2. Installing auxiliary lighting, such as LED work lights, can enhance visibility during nighttime or low-light working conditions.
3. Adding a backup camera or sensor system can improve safety and reduce the risk of accidents during maneuvering.
4. Upgrading the seat to a suspension seat can provide enhanced operator comfort, especially during long working hours.
5. Installing additional hydraulic ports or auxiliary circuits can expand the loader's capabilities for operating a wider range of attachments.
Accessories and Attachments:
■ General-purpose buckets for material loading and excavation tasks.
■ Pallet forks for easy and efficient transportation of palletized goods.
■ Grapple attachments for handling loose materials, debris, or logs.
■ Auger attachments for drilling holes in various soil types.
■ Brush cutters for clearing vegetation and overgrown areas.
■ Snow blowers or plows for efficient snow removal during winter months.
■ Sweeper attachments for cleaning parking lots, sidewalks, and other paved surfaces.
■ Hydraulic breakers for breaking concrete or rocks.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Compact size for maneuverability in tight spaces.
☺ Versatility with a wide range of attachments.
☺ Reliability and durability for demanding work environments.
☺ Easy maintenance and serviceability.
☻ Limited lifting capacity compared to larger skid steer loaders.
☻ Operator cabin may lack some comfort features found in newer models.
☻ Limited visibility to the rear during operation.
The Bobcat 641, 642, and 643 Skid Steer Loaders have proven themselves as reliable, versatile machines in the construction and landscaping industry. With the OEM Skid Steer Loader Manual, you can access detailed engine specifications, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, and more to keep your Bobcat loader in excellent condition. These loaders offer compact size, strong performance, and compatibility with various attachments to tackle a wide range of tasks. Regular maintenance and proper care, along with compatible accessories and modifications, can enhance their performance and extend their lifespan. So don't miss out! Purchase the comprehensive PDF manual for your Bobcat Skid Steer Loader today and unlock the knowledge to keep your machine running smoothly.
Frequently repaired parts and common breakdowns:
→ Hydraulic hoses and fittings
→ Drive belts
→ Engine sensors and electrical components
→ Fuel injectors and fuel system components
→ Hydraulic cylinder seals and gaskets
→ Starter motor
→ Ignition switch
→ Hydraulic pump
→ Water pump
→ Cooling system components
→ Transmission components
→ Brake calipers and pads
To purchase and access the detailed shop handbook for Bobcat Skid Steer Loaders, click the green button and download the manual in PDF format. Upon completing your payment, the original Bobcat shop manual/parts list will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, we will immediately email you the payment confirmation and provide the download link for your convenience.