To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Repair your four-stroke motocross bike - Buy the original Yamaha YZ 450 shop manual in PDF format instantly.
Production/model years: 2006
The manual is valid for the following models: YZ450, YZ450F / Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd
Engine: 449cc, liquid-cooled, five-valve, DOHC, four-stroke with titanium valves, 95.0 x 63.4 mm (3.7 x 2.5 inches), 12.3:1,
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes, all printers
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Comprehensive Manual for the 2006 Yamaha YZ450, YZ450F and Uncover its Engine Specs, Maintenance Tips, and More!"
Explore the world of off-road motorcycling with the 2006 Yamaha YZ450 and YZ450F. These powerful bikes deliver exhilarating performance and agility, making them a favorite among motocross and trail riding enthusiasts. In this guide, we will delve into the engine specifications, interesting facts, maintenance intervals, common issues, tuning tips, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. Whether you're a proud owner or an enthusiastic rider, this detailed manual will provide you with all the essential information you need.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The 2006 Yamaha YZ450 is powered by a 449cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
• The YZ450F variant features the same engine configuration as the YZ450.
• Both models utilize a five-valve DOHC (Double Overhead Camshaft) design for optimal performance.
• The engine incorporates Yamaha's advanced Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS) to deliver a broad and responsive powerband.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F feature a Keihin FCR-MX39 carburetor for precise fuel delivery.
• These bikes utilize a digital CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) system for reliable spark generation.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F come equipped with a five-speed manual transmission for smooth gear shifts.
• Both models feature a chain drive system for transferring power to the rear wheel.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F offer a compression ratio of 12.5:1, ensuring excellent power output.
• These bikes boast a lightweight aluminum frame, contributing to their agile handling characteristics.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F feature a fully adjustable suspension system, with inverted front forks and a rear shock absorber.
• The front suspension offers a travel of approximately 11.8 inches, while the rear suspension provides around 12.4 inches of travel.
• Both models have front and rear disc brakes for effective stopping power.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F come with a fuel tank capacity of approximately 1.6 gallons.
• These bikes feature a kick-start system for easy starting in any riding situation.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F offer a ground clearance of approximately 15.2 inches, allowing for confident maneuvering over various obstacles.
• These bikes have a seat height of approximately 39.1 inches, providing a tall and commanding riding position.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F weigh around 247 pounds, contributing to their nimble handling characteristics.
• Both models feature a high-performance exhaust system, designed to optimize power and enhance the exhaust note.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F come equipped with a wide foot peg design, offering improved grip and control.
• These bikes feature a digital instrument cluster that displays essential information such as speed, RPM, and fuel level.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F utilize a Uni-Trak rear suspension linkage system, providing excellent rear wheel control.
• Both models have a wheelbase of approximately 58.5 inches, contributing to their stability at high speeds.
• The YZ450 and YZ450F feature a 21-inch front wheel and an 18-inch rear wheel, designed to tackle various terrains.
• These bikes come with Dunlop MX51 tires for optimal traction and durability.
Facts and Details:
- The 2006 Yamaha YZ450 and YZ450F models were known for their powerful and explosive acceleration, allowing riders to conquer challenging tracks and trails.
- These bikes featured a lightweight aluminum frame that provided excellent rigidity and balanced weight distribution, contributing to precise handling and maneuverability.
- The YZ450 and YZ450F were equipped with an adjustable camshaft timing system, allowing riders to fine-tune the engine's power delivery according to their preferences and track conditions.
- Yamaha incorporated advanced technology, such as titanium valves and a forged piston, to enhance the durability and performance of the engine components.
- Both models boasted an exceptional suspension system with fully adjustable compression and rebound damping, allowing riders to tailor the suspension setup to their riding style and terrain.
- The YZ450 and YZ450F featured a high-capacity radiators design to ensure efficient cooling, even during intense riding sessions.
- Yamaha implemented a compact and lightweight clutch design that provided smooth engagement and precise control, enhancing the overall riding experience.
- These bikes came equipped with a high-flow air filter system that provided excellent filtration and improved engine breathing for maximum power output.
- The YZ450 and YZ450F had a reputation for their excellent braking performance, thanks to the front and rear disc brake setup with strong stopping power and consistent modulation.
- Yamaha offered a range of genuine accessories for the 2006 YZ450 and YZ450F, including skid plates, handguards, graphics kits, and aftermarket exhaust systems, allowing riders to personalize and enhance their bikes.
- One notable feature of the YZ450 and YZ450F was the launch control system, which provided optimized traction and reduced wheel spin during race starts, giving riders a competitive advantage.
- These bikes were known for their aggressive styling and distinctive Yamaha racing heritage, with eye-catching graphics and bold color options.
Maintenance Intervals and General Maintenance Tips:
- Regular maintenance intervals for the 2006 Yamaha YZ450 and YZ450F typically include oil and filter changes every 10-15 hours of riding or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- It is crucial to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for routine maintenance, including air filter cleaning/replacement, chain lubrication, and suspension servicing.
- Check and adjust the valve clearances periodically to ensure proper engine performance and longevity.
- Regularly inspect and clean the brake system, including brake pads and discs, for optimal braking performance.
- Keep an eye on the chain tension and sprocket wear, and replace them if necessary to prevent drivetrain issues.
- Maintain proper tire pressure and inspect the tires for any signs of wear or damage before each ride.
- Ensure the cooling system is clean and free from debris, and periodically flush and replace the coolant as recommended.
- Lubricate all pivot points, such as the throttle cable and clutch cable, to ensure smooth operation.
- Always use genuine Yamaha parts and recommended fluids during maintenance and repairs for optimal performance and reliability.
Common Issues and Solutions:
- One common issue reported by some riders is overheating. This can be mitigated by regularly cleaning the radiator, ensuring proper coolant levels, and avoiding excessive idling.
- Another issue is a fouled spark plug, which can result in starting difficulties or poor engine performance. Regularly inspect and clean or replace the spark plug as needed.
- Some riders have experienced clutch slippage, which can be addressed by adjusting the clutch cable tension or replacing worn-out clutch plates.
- Occasionally, riders may encounter issues with the bike's electrical system, such as a faulty ignition coil or wiring connection. Carefully inspect the wiring and electrical components and consult a qualified mechanic if necessary.
Tips or Modifications:
- Upgrading the exhaust system to an aftermarket option can improve power delivery and enhance the bike's exhaust note.
- Installing a high-performance air filter or intake system can enhance the engine's airflow, resulting in increased horsepower and throttle response.
- Adjusting the suspension settings to match your riding style and terrain can significantly improve the bike's handling and stability.
- Upgrading the handlebars to ones that provide better ergonomics and vibration damping can enhance rider comfort and control.
- Adding a fuel controller or remapping the bike's ECU (Engine Control Unit) can optimize fuel-air mixture and unleash additional power.
- Upgrading the tires to models with more aggressive tread patterns can improve traction and off-road performance.
- Installing a skid plate and radiator guards can provide additional protection to vital components during off-road riding.
- Upgrading the brakes to high-performance pads and braided stainless steel lines can improve braking performance and modulation.
- Adding a slipper clutch can enhance the bike's stability during aggressive downshifting and cornering.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Skid plates and protection kits for vital engine and chassis components.
- Aftermarket exhaust systems for enhanced performance and sound.
- Performance air filters and intake systems for improved airflow.
- Handlebars and grips with varying shapes and materials for increased comfort and control.
- Graphics kits and decals for personalized aesthetics.
- Upgraded suspension components, such as fork cartridges and rear shock upgrades, for improved performance.
- Radiator guards and braces for added protection.
- Aftermarket fuel controllers and remapping options for fine-tuning the engine's performance.
- Slipper clutches for improved control during aggressive downshifting.
- High-performance brake pads and braided stainless steel brake lines for enhanced braking performance.
- Lighting kits and LED upgrades for improved visibility during night riding.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Owners of the 2006 Yamaha YZ450 and YZ450F often praise the bikes' powerful and responsive engines, providing exhilarating acceleration and top-end performance.
- The precise and nimble handling characteristics of these models receive high praise from riders, allowing for confident cornering and maneuverability on the track or trail.
- The suspension system is often commended for its ability to absorb bumps and provide a smooth ride, enhancing overall comfort and control.
- Owners appreciate the durability and reliability of the Yamaha YZ450 and YZ450F, reporting minimal mechanical issues with proper maintenance and care.
- Some riders mention that the bikes can be demanding to ride for beginners due to their high power output and aggressive nature.
- Fuel consumption is often cited as a minor downside, especially during aggressive riding or racing conditions.
- Riders suggest regularly checking and adjusting the valve clearances and performing routine maintenance to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Purchase your comprehensive Yamaha YZ450, YZ450F repair manual in PDF format securely through PayPal from RepairLoader, and gain instant access to the detailed shop handbook.
Begin your Yamaha YZ450, YZ450F repair journey by securely purchasing the comprehensive shop manual in PDF format from RepairLoader using PayPal. Your official Yamaha OEM manual/parts list download link will appear on the checkout page once your payment is complete. Instantly after secure payment, we will email you all the necessary download information.