To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below.
Don't delay in repairing your standard (or roadster) motorcycle - Access the PDF version of the indispensable Original BMW R1150R shop handbook today.
More information: Purchase your 2005 BMW R1150R service manual here for immediate download
|Table of Contents
|1. General information and maintenance
|3. Fuel system
|4. Cooling and lubrication system
|6. Electrical system
|7. Wiring diagram
Please note that the following table of contents is a partial overview and does not cover all the sections and topics included in the manual. It provides a glimpse of the manual's content.
The 2005 BMW R1150R service manual contains detailed information about the motorcycle's engine, fuel system, cooling and lubrication system, chassis, electrical system, and troubleshooting guides. This makes it an essential tool for mechanics, technicians, and owners to understand, maintain, and repair the vehicle.
- The pricing of this manual, handbooks, and repair guides is determined by the seller, so it is recommended to compare prices before making a purchase from [RL] marketplace.
- Users can find comments and ratings from other buyers at the end of the detail page to assist in making a purchase decision. Leaving a review after purchasing can also help others.
- Download the repair manual now with a lifetime guarantee for the download, as specified in the FAQs on https://www.repairloader.com/faq.php.
- Contact the manual seller using the contact form on https://www.repairloader.com/contact.php for any inquiries or assistance.
- Show your support by recommending the service on social media and following on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/RepairLoader.
- Simply click the download button to instantly access this manual.# Download the Comprehensive Manual for the 2005 BMW R1150R and Uncover its Engine Specs, Maintenance Tips, and More!
Embark on a thrilling adventure with the 2005 BMW R1150R. This iconic roadster motorcycle combines power, agility, and style, making it a favorite among motorcycle enthusiasts. In this guide, we will delve into the engine specifications, interesting facts, maintenance intervals, common issues, tuning tips, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. Whether you're a proud owner or an avid rider, this detailed manual will provide you with all the essential information you need.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
- The 2005 BMW R1150R is equipped with a 1,130cc air/oil-cooled, four-stroke, two-cylinder boxer engine.
- The engine utilizes a fuel injection system, ensuring precise fuel delivery for optimal performance.
- The R1150R produces a maximum power output of approximately 85 horsepower and 98 Nm of torque.
- It features a 6-speed manual transmission for smooth gear shifts and versatility on various terrains.
- The motorcycle comes equipped with an electric starter system for convenient and reliable starting.
- It features a maintenance-free shaft drive system for efficient power transfer to the rear wheel.
- The R1150R has a fuel tank capacity of approximately 18 liters, providing a decent range for long rides.
- It comes with a front suspension system that consists of BMW Telelever with central spring strut for improved stability and comfort.
- The rear suspension utilizes BMW Paralever with a single-sided swingarm, offering excellent handling and traction.
- The motorcycle features dual front disc brakes and a single rear disc brake for strong and reliable stopping power.
- It has a curb weight of around 249 kg, providing a stable and planted feel on the road.
- The R1150R comes with a seat height of approximately 805 mm, ensuring a comfortable riding position for most riders.
- It offers a ground clearance of approximately 175 mm, allowing for confident maneuvering over various road conditions.
- The motorcycle features a robust steel tubular frame, providing excellent rigidity and durability.
- It comes equipped with a comprehensive instrument cluster that includes a speedometer, tachometer, fuel gauge, and various warning lights.
- The R1150R has a top speed of approximately 200 km/h, allowing for thrilling highway rides.
- It features a 17-inch front wheel and a 17-inch rear wheel, providing stability and agility.
- The motorcycle utilizes a dual-exhaust system, enhancing the engine's performance and producing a distinctive exhaust note.
- It incorporates an advanced ABS (Anti-lock Braking System) for improved safety and controlled braking.
- The R1150R offers comfortable seating for both the rider and passenger, with ample legroom and ergonomic design.
Facts and Details:
- The 2005 BMW R1150R features classic and timeless design elements, including its signature boxer engine and clean lines.
- It offers a balanced and nimble riding experience, making it suitable for both urban commuting and spirited weekend rides.
- The motorcycle's fuel tank is located beneath the rider's seat, resulting in a lower center of gravity for enhanced stability.
- BMW equipped the R1150R with an adjustable windshield, allowing riders to customize wind protection according to their preferences.
- The motorcycle features heated grips as an optional accessory, providing comfort during colder riding conditions.
- It offers a generous storage space beneath the passenger seat, ideal for storing small items or documents. The 2005 BMW R1150R incorporates a dual-spark ignition system, improving fuel efficiency and combustion efficiency.
- It features a comprehensive range of optional accessories, including luggage cases, tank bags, and a center stand, to enhance its touring capabilities.
- The motorcycle offers a comfortable and upright riding position, reducing fatigue during long rides.
- BMW equipped the R1150R with a robust and efficient braking system, providing excellent stopping power and control.
- It features high-quality suspension components, ensuring a smooth and responsive ride even on uneven roads.
- The motorcycle's wide handlebars offer precise steering control and agility, making it easy to navigate through tight corners.
Maintenance Intervals and General Maintenance Tips:
- Regular maintenance intervals for the 2005 BMW R1150R typically include oil and filter changes every 6,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
- It is essential to follow the manufacturer's guidelines for routine maintenance, including checking and adjusting valve clearances, inspecting the drive belt, and inspecting and lubricating the suspension components.
- Regularly clean and lubricate the chain, and ensure it is properly tensioned for optimal performance and longevity.
- Keep an eye on the tire pressure and tread wear, and replace the tires when they reach the recommended wear limit to maintain traction and safety.
- Check and clean the air filter regularly to ensure proper airflow to the engine.
- Inspect the brake pads and discs, and replace them if they are worn beyond the recommended limits for optimal braking performance.
- Maintain the battery by keeping it charged and clean, and replace it if necessary.
- Follow the manufacturer's recommendations for coolant and brake fluid replacement to ensure proper functioning of the cooling and braking systems.
I- t is advisable to use genuine BMW parts and recommended fluids during maintenance and repairs to preserve the motorcycle's performance and reliability.
Common Issues and Solutions:
- One common issue reported by some owners is the occurrence of a starting issue due to a faulty ignition switch. Replacing the ignition switch can resolve this problem.
- Another issue that riders may encounter is excessive oil consumption. This can be addressed by checking for oil leaks, replacing worn piston rings, or addressing any other underlying engine issues.
- Some owners have reported issues with the ABS system, such as ABS warning lights staying illuminated. Proper diagnosis and repair by a qualified technician is necessary to resolve these issues.
- Occasionally, riders may experience a faulty fuel gauge, leading to inaccurate readings. Replacing the fuel level sensor can rectify this issue.
It is important to address any unusual engine noises or vibrations promptly, as they may indicate underlying mechanical issues that require attention from a professional mechanic.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Upgrading the exhaust system to an aftermarket option can improve the motorcycle's sound, performance, and aesthetics.
- Installing a power commander or fuel mapping module can optimize fuel delivery and improve throttle response.
- Upgrading the suspension components, such as adjustable forks and shock absorbers, can enhance the motorcycle's handling and comfort.
- Adding a windscreen or wind deflector can provide improved wind protection for longer rides.
- Installing aftermarket LED lighting can enhance visibility and aesthetics.
- Upgrading the seat to a more comfortable option can enhance rider comfort during long-distance rides.
- Adding crash protection bars or frame sliders can protect the motorcycle's vulnerable components in the event of a fall or slide.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Luggage cases and top cases for increased storage capacity.
- Tank bags and saddlebags for additional convenience during touring.
- Windscreens and wind deflectors for improved wind protection.
- Heated grips for added comfort during colder riding conditions.
- LED lighting upgrades for enhanced visibility and style.
- Performance exhaust systems for improved sound and performance.
- Adjustable suspension components for enhanced handling and comfort.
- Upgraded seats for improved rider and passenger comfort during long rides.
- Crash protection bars and frame sliders for added protection in case of falls or accidents.
- GPS navigation systems and phone mounts for convenient navigation and communication.
- Auxiliary lighting options, such as fog lights or auxiliary spotlights, for increased visibility in low-light conditions.
- Performance air filters and intake systems for improved airflow and engine performance.
- Upgraded brake pads and stainless steel brake lines for enhanced braking performance.
- Handlebar risers or different handlebar options for customized ergonomics.
- Performance suspension upgrades, such as adjustable shocks or fork cartridges, for improved handling and ride quality.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Owners of the 2005 BMW R1150R appreciate the motorcycle's timeless design and iconic boxer engine.
- The comfortable riding position and ergonomics receive positive feedback from riders, especially during long-distance rides.
- Many riders praise the motorcycle's smooth power delivery and ample torque, making it enjoyable to ride in various riding conditions.
- The R1150R's handling and stability, particularly during cornering, are often highlighted as strong points.
- Owners appreciate the motorcycle's overall build quality and durability, which contribute to its long-lasting performance.
- Some riders mention that the motorcycle's weight and size can feel noticeable at slower speeds or in heavy traffic.
- The maintenance costs associated with BMW motorcycles are sometimes considered higher compared to other brands.
- The availability of genuine BMW accessories and aftermarket options is often mentioned as a positive aspect for customization and personalization.
Click the button below to securely purchase the detailed PDF service manual for your BMW R1150R from RepairLoader using PayPal and unlock a wealth of invaluable maintenance information.
Secure your purchase of the official BMW OEM service manual and parts list in PDF format through RepairLoader. Once your payment is complete via PayPal, the checkout page will display the download link for your comprehensive manual. Rest assured that all necessary download information will be instantly emailed to you after a secure payment is made.