To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: TTR250 / Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd
1999 Yamaha TT-R250L/LC
2000 Yamaha TT-R250M/MC
2001 Yamaha TT-R250N/NC
2002 Yamaha TT-R250P/PC
2003 Yamaha TT-R250R/RC
2004 Yamaha TT-R250S/SC
2005 Yamaha TT-R250T/TC
2006 Yamaha TT-R250V/VC
1999 Yamaha TTR250
2000 Yamaha TTR250
2001 Yamaha TTR250
2002 Yamaha TTR250
2003 Yamaha TTR250 (introduced electric start)
2004 Yamaha TTR250
2005 Yamaha TTR250
2006 Yamaha TTR250
2007 Yamaha TTR250
TTR250 (Base Model)
TTR250R (Raid Model)
TTR250V (Electric Start Model)
Engine: 249 cc single-cylinder, DOHC, 28 hp, air-cooled, four-stroke, 73 mm (2.9 in) bore x 60 mm (2.4 in) stroke, 10.20:1 compression ratio
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Unlock Maintenance Mastery: Download Your Yamaha TTR250 Manual for Insight on Issues, Parts List, and More!"
Discovering the intricate details of your 1999-2007 Yamaha TTR250 is essential for optimal performance and longevity. This well-renowned enduro bike, built for tackling diverse terrains with ease, requires meticulous attention and care. In this comprehensive guide, we delve into engine specifications, maintenance intervals, tuning tips, compatible accessories, owner reviews, and frequent repairs to provide you with a holistic understanding of this versatile machine. Arm yourself with invaluable knowledge to address issues promptly, maintain peak performance, and customize your Yamaha TTR250 to suit your riding style and preferences.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Yamaha TTR250 is powered by a 249cc 4-stroke, DOHC engine.
• It has a single-cylinder configuration, ensuring smooth and consistent power delivery.
• The engine uses air cooling technology to maintain optimal operating temperatures.
• It features a 6-speed transmission, providing a range of speed options for different terrains.
• The TTR250 incorporates a CDI ignition system, which is known for its reliability and efficiency.
• The motorcycle has a compression ratio of 10.2:1, optimizing fuel efficiency and performance.
• It has a telescopic fork front suspension, ensuring a comfortable ride on various terrains.
• The bike employs a single disc brake at the front and a drum brake at the rear.
• It features a sturdy steel frame, offering durability and strength.
• The TTR250 has a fuel capacity of 2.7 gallons, allowing for extended rides without frequent refueling.
• It features a 21-inch front wheel and an 18-inch rear wheel, providing stability and control.
• The motorcycle has a seat height of 36.6 inches, accommodating a range of riders.
• It has a dry weight of 131 kg, ensuring maneuverability and control.
• The TTR250 incorporates a chain drive, offering efficiency and reliability.
• The motorcycle is equipped with a 30mm telescopic fork with 240mm of wheel travel, providing ample shock absorption.
• The rear suspension features a monoshock with adjustable preload and 220mm of wheel travel.
• It has a ground clearance of 11.4 inches, allowing it to navigate uneven terrains efficiently.
• The TTR250 is capable of reaching a top speed of approximately 70 mph.
• It has a wheelbase of 55.3 inches, contributing to its stability and handling.
• The bike employs a Keihin CV carburetor for precise fuel-air mixture.
• It incorporates a kick start mechanism, offering reliability in various conditions.
• The Yamaha TTR250 has a fuel efficiency of around 55 mpg, depending on riding conditions.
• It features a digital ignition, contributing to its consistent performance.
• The motorcycle has an adjustable rear shock absorber, allowing customization of the ride quality.
• The TTR250 is equipped with a skid plate to protect the engine from debris.
• It features a maintenance-free battery, reducing the need for frequent attention.
• The bike comes with durable plastic fenders to protect against mud and debris.
• It features a comfortable, well-padded seat, accommodating long rides.
• The motorcycle is fitted with durable, off-road tires to tackle diverse terrains.
• The TTR250 comes with a strong and responsive braking system for enhanced safety.
• It features a simple, user-friendly instrument panel with essential indicators.
• The motorcycle has a compact and ergonomic design, offering comfort and control.
• The bike features a durable exhaust system, designed to withstand the rigors of off-road riding.
• It incorporates robust handlebars, providing a firm grip and control.
• The TTR250 has a protective chain guard, preventing debris from damaging the chain.
Facts and Details:
- Reliability: The Yamaha TTR250 is renowned for its reliability and durability, especially in off-road conditions.
- Versatility: It is versatile and can efficiently handle both on-road and off-road terrains.
- Maintenance: Regular maintenance is straightforward, with easily accessible components.
- Fuel Efficiency: The bike offers excellent fuel efficiency, making it economical for extended rides.
- Resale Value: It maintains a high resale value due to its durable build and reliability.
- Performance: The TTR250 delivers consistent performance with its 249cc engine and 6-speed transmission.
- Comfort: The well-padded seat and effective suspension system offer a comfortable riding experience.
- Aftermarket Support: There is abundant aftermarket support for parts and accessories.
- User-Friendly: It is user-friendly and suitable for riders of varying experience levels.
- Parts Availability: Original and aftermarket parts are readily available.
- Price Point: The motorcycle has a competitive price point, offering value for money.
- Styling: It features simplistic styling, focusing on functionality and durability.
- Color Options: The TTR250 was available in various color options including blue and white.
- Kick Start: The kick start mechanism is reliable and efficient, even in adverse conditions.
- Lightweight: Its lightweight build enhances maneuverability and control in different riding conditions.
Maintenance Intervals and Tips:
► Oil Change: Every 1,000 miles or as per the user manual.
► Air Filter Cleaning/Replacement: After every long ride or when dirty.
► Chain Lubrication and Adjustment: Every 500 miles or as needed.
► Brake Inspection: Before every ride.
► Coolant Check and Replacement: Every two years or as per the manual.
General Maintenance Tips:
* Regular Inspection: Regularly inspect the motorcycle for any loose bolts, worn-out parts, or leaks and address them promptly.
* Keep It Clean: Regular cleaning can help in identifying issues early and maintains the longevity of the bike.
* Use Quality Lubricants: Use quality engine oil and lubricants to maintain optimal engine health.
* Check Tire Pressure: Regularly check and maintain tire pressure to avoid uneven wear and enhance safety.
* Stick to the Maintenance Schedule: Adhere to the recommended maintenance schedule in the manual to avoid major issues and maintain performance.
Common Issues and Their Solutions:
■ Carburetor Issues: Clean the carburetor regularly to avoid clogging and maintain optimal performance.
■ Battery Drain: Ensure that all electrical connections are secure, and replace the battery if it is old or damaged.
■ Chain Wear: Regularly lubricate and adjust the chain to avoid premature wear and tear.
■ Brake Wear: Inspect and replace brake pads and discs as needed to maintain braking efficiency.
■ Oil Leaks: Address any oil leaks promptly by replacing gaskets or seals.
■ Five Maintenance Tips to Keep it in Excellent Condition:
■ Change the oil regularly and use the recommended grade to ensure engine longevity.
■ Inspect the air filter often and replace it if it's dirty to maintain optimal air-fuel mixture.
■ Regularly check the tire pressure and alignment to ensure safe and efficient riding.
■ Keep the chain well-lubricated and properly adjusted to avoid unnecessary strain on the engine.
■ Adhere to the maintenance schedule provided in the manual and address any issues promptly.
Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Jet Kit: Installing a jet kit can help in optimizing the carburetor setting for enhanced performance.
+ Exhaust System Upgrade: An aftermarket exhaust can improve performance and sound.
+ High-Performance Air Filter: A performance air filter can increase airflow and performance.
+ Suspension Upgrade: Upgrading the suspension can improve handling and ride comfort on various terrains.
+ Sprocket Modification: Changing the sprocket size can alter the bike’s acceleration and top speed.
+ Accessories and Attachments:
+ Skid Plate: For protection against rocks and debris.
+ Hand Guards: To protect hands from brush and in case of a fall.
+ Luggage Rack: For carrying essentials during long rides.
+ High-Performance Tires: For better grip and control on different terrains.
+ Seat Cover: For added comfort and protection.
+ LED Light Kit: For enhanced visibility in low-light conditions.
+ Extended Fuel Tank: For longer rides without frequent refueling.
+ Performance Brake Pads: For improved braking efficiency.
+ Custom Graphics Kit: For personalized styling.
+ Heated Grips: For comfort in cold weather conditions.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Many owners praise the Yamaha TTR250 for its reliability, versatility, and user-friendly nature, making it suitable for riders of all experience levels. The bike’s lightweight and robust build are highlighted as its strengths, enabling it to navigate diverse terrains with ease. However, some owners note that the availability of electric start in later models would have been a welcome addition, and the stock suspension could be improved for more aggressive riding. Overall, the TTR250 is regarded as a value-for-money option with minimal weaknesses, offering consistent performance, durability, and a comfortable riding experience.
The 1999-2007 Yamaha TTR250 stands as a testament to Yamaha's commitment to producing reliable, versatile, and user-friendly off-road motorcycles. This enduro bike is celebrated for its robust construction, simplistic styling, and consistent performance, making it a preferred choice for both novice and experienced riders. The 249cc 4-stroke engine, combined with a 6-speed transmission, provides smooth power delivery, suitable for various terrains. Owners appreciate the bike’s fuel efficiency, high resale value, and the availability of parts, both original and aftermarket.
While the bike’s design focuses on functionality and durability, it does offer customization options, allowing riders to enhance its aesthetics, performance, and comfort as per their preferences. The availability of a range of accessories and attachments further amplifies its versatility, enabling riders to equip the bike for long rides, challenging terrains, and adverse weather conditions.
However, like all machines, the TTR250 does have its areas for improvement. The inclusion of an electric start in later models and upgrades to the stock suspension are points noted by some owners. Nonetheless, the bike’s strengths far outweigh its minor weaknesses, validating its reputation as a dependable companion for off-road adventures. Regular maintenance, adherence to the recommended service intervals, and the utilization of quality parts and lubricants can ensure the longevity and optimal performance of the TTR250.
List of Frequent Repairs:
→ Oil and Filter Change
→ Air Filter Replacement
→ Chain Lubrication and Adjustment
→ Brake Pad Replacement
→ Carburetor Cleaning
→ Spark Plug Replacement
→ Tire Replacement
→ Clutch Adjustment
→ Battery Replacement
→ Coolant Replacement
→ Valve Adjustment
→ Fork Oil Change
→ Cable Lubrication
→ Wheel Bearing Replacement
→ Gasket and Seal Replacement
Proceed to purchase the PDF manual of Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd, to gain comprehensive insights into your vehicle.
After your payment is confirmed, the download link for the original Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd shop manual/parts list will be visible on the checkout page. Additionally, an immediate email confirmation of your payment will be sent to you.