To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: Zuma / Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd
2009 Yamaha Zuma 125
2010 Yamaha Zuma 125
2011 Yamaha Zuma 125
2012 Yamaha Zuma 125
2013 Yamaha Zuma 125
Engine: 123.4 cc, forced air-cooled 4-stroke single cylinder; SOHC, 4-valve; Electronic Fuel Injection; Bore x Stroke - 52.4 x 57.9 mm
Production/model years: 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"DIY Service Made Easy: Download the PDF Manual for Yamaha Zuma 125 Scooters"
Are you a proud owner of a Yamaha Zuma 125 scooter and looking to perform maintenance or modifications on your own? Look no further! We have created a comprehensive PDF manual that will guide you through the engine specifications, maintenance intervals, common issues, tuning tips, available accessories, and much more. Whether you're a seasoned scooter enthusiast or a novice DIYer, this manual will be your ultimate resource for servicing and customizing your Yamaha Zuma 125. Get ready to embark on a journey of hands-on scooter service and take control of your maintenance needs!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Yamaha Zuma 125 is equipped with a 125cc, 4-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
• It features a bore and stroke of 52.4mm x 57.9mm, resulting in a compression ratio of 10.0:1.
• The scooter utilizes an electronic fuel injection (EFI) system for efficient fuel delivery and optimum performance.
• It comes with a fully automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) for smooth acceleration and seamless gear shifting.
• The Zuma 125 has an electric start system for easy ignition.
• The scooter features a forced-air cooling system to maintain optimal operating temperatures.
• It has a fuel capacity of 1.6 gallons (6.1 liters) for extended riding range.
• The engine produces a maximum power output of approximately 8.7 horsepower at 7,500 RPM.
• The scooter has a wet centrifugal automatic clutch for effortless shifting and improved fuel efficiency.
• It utilizes a belt final drive system for efficient power transfer to the rear wheel.
• The Zuma 125 features a telescopic front fork suspension with 3.1 inches (78mm) of travel.
• The rear suspension consists of a swingarm with a single shock absorber, offering 3.1 inches (78mm) of travel.
• It has a front disc brake and a rear drum brake for reliable stopping power.
• The scooter comes with a 12-inch front wheel and a 10-inch rear wheel, providing stability and maneuverability.
• It has a seat height of 30.7 inches (780mm) for a comfortable riding position.
• The Zuma 125 weighs approximately 262 pounds (119 kilograms).
• It features a compact design and nimble handling, making it suitable for urban commuting and short trips.
• The scooter has a fuel efficiency of around 89-100 miles per gallon (38-43 kilometers per liter), depending on riding conditions.
• It comes with a modern digital instrument panel displaying essential information.
• The Zuma 125 has a spacious under-seat storage compartment for carrying small items or a helmet.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha Zuma 125 is known for its peppy acceleration and nimble handling, making it a fun and practical scooter for urban riding.
- It features a compact and lightweight design, allowing riders to easily maneuver through traffic and tight spaces.
- The scooter's small size makes it easy to park in crowded areas and store in limited spaces.
- The Zuma 125 offers ample storage options, including a front storage compartment and a rear cargo rack for additional luggage capacity.
- Yamaha designed the scooter with a comfortable riding position and ergonomics suitable for both short and long rides.
- The scooter's suspension provides a smooth and stable ride, absorbing bumps and uneven surfaces with ease.
- Riders appreciate the scooter's low seat height, making it accessible to riders of varying heights and skill levels.
- The Zuma 125 comes with a reliable and efficient fuel injection system, ensuring excellent fuel economy and easy starting in various conditions.
- Yamaha offers a range of genuine accessories for the Zuma 125, including windshields, top cases, and upgraded exhaust systems.
- The scooter's sleek and modern design, with bold color options, adds to its appeal and style on the road.
- The Zuma 125 is equipped with a reliable braking system that provides confident stopping power.
- Riders often praise the scooter's durability and build quality, as it is designed to withstand daily commuting and urban adventures.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Oil change intervals: It is recommended to change the engine oil and oil filter every 2,000-3,000 miles (3,200-4,800 kilometers) or as per the service manual guidelines.
► Air filter maintenance: Clean or replace the air filter every 3,000-5,000 miles (4,800-8,000 kilometers) or more frequently in dusty conditions.
► Valve clearance inspection: Check and adjust the valve clearances every 4,000-6,000 miles (6,400-9,600 kilometers) or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Belt and roller inspection: Regularly inspect the drive belt and rollers for wear and replace as necessary.
► Spark plug replacement: Replace the spark plug every 6,000-8,000 miles (9,600-12,800 kilometers) or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Brake system maintenance: Inspect the brake pads, brake fluid level, and disc condition periodically, and replace or adjust as necessary.
► Common issues: Some owners have reported issues with the fuel injection system, including clogged injectors or fuel pump problems. Regular fuel system maintenance and using high-quality fuel can help prevent such issues.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Performance exhaust system: Upgrading to an aftermarket exhaust can improve both power delivery and the scooter's exhaust note.
* Variator and clutch upgrades: Installing aftermarket variators and clutch components can enhance acceleration and top speed.
* Air filter upgrade: Replacing the stock air filter with a high-flow air filter can improve airflow and overall engine performance.
* Roller weight adjustments: Fine-tuning the roller weights can optimize the scooter's performance and acceleration.
* Suspension upgrades: Upgrading the front fork and rear shock absorber can enhance ride comfort and handling characteristics.
* Tire upgrades: Choosing performance-oriented tires can improve grip and handling on different road surfaces.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
■ Top cases and rear luggage racks for additional storage capacity.
■ Windshields and handguards for increased rider comfort and wind protection.
■ Upgraded lighting options, such as LED headlights and auxiliary lights.
■ Performance exhaust systems for improved power and sound.
■ Variators and clutch components for enhanced performance and acceleration.
■ Smartphone mounts and USB chargers for convenient device integration.
■ Upgraded suspension components for improved ride quality and handling.
■ Custom decals and graphic kits for personalizing the scooter's appearance.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Nimble and agile handling, ideal for urban commuting.
☺ Reliable and fuel-efficient engine performance.
☺ Ample storage options for a scooter of its size.
☺ Comfortable and accommodating riding position.
☺ Easy to maintain and service.
☻ Limited top speed, primarily designed for city and short-distance riding.
☻ Some owners have reported issues with the fuel injection system, requiring professional diagnosis and repair.
☻ Suspension may feel firm for some riders on rough road surfaces.
Frequently Repaired Parts:
→ Fuel injectors and fuel pump components.
→ Drive belt and roller weights.
→ Brake pads and discs.
→ Spark plugs.
→ Drive belt cover and variator components.
→ Electrical components, such as fuses and bulbs.
To access the detailed shop handbook for your Yamaha scooter, simply click on the green button and choose your preferred payment method, including PayPal or credit card. After completing the payment, your official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list download link will appear on the checkout page, and we will promptly email you the payment and download information.