To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models:
2006 Yamaha YZ85
Production year(s): 2006
The following models are included in this manual: YZ85 / Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd
Engine: 84.7 cc, single-cylinder, water-cooled, two-stroke, reed valve
Number of pages: 506
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilanguage)
"Download the Original Motocross Motorcycle Manual: Buy the 2006 Yamaha YZ85 Owner's Guide!"
Looking to buy a motocross motorcycle manual? Look no further! Get your hands on the original owner's guide for the 2006 Yamaha YZ85. This comprehensive manual provides detailed information and technical specifications to help you maintain and optimize your Yamaha YZ85 motocross motorcycle. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a beginner, this manual is an invaluable resource to ensure optimal performance and longevity of your machine. So, don't miss out on this opportunity to enhance your motocross experience with the original 2006 Yamaha YZ85 manual.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The 2006 Yamaha YZ85 features a liquid-cooled, 84.7cc, single-cylinder, two-stroke engine.
• It has a bore and stroke of 47.5mm x 47.8mm.
• The engine is equipped with a reed valve induction system for efficient fuel-air mixture delivery.
• It utilizes a power valve system to optimize engine performance at different RPM ranges.
• The YZ85 has a six-speed constant mesh transmission for smooth and precise gear shifts.
• It comes with a CDI ignition system for reliable spark generation and timing control.
• The compression ratio of the engine is 8.2:1.
• The YZ85 features a Keihin PWK28 carburetor for precise fuel metering.
• It has a multi-plate wet clutch for smooth engagement and efficient power transfer.
• The motorcycle is equipped with a digital capacitor discharge ignition system (CDI) for reliable starts.
• The YZ85 utilizes a single exhaust system with a carbon fiber silencer.
• It features a liquid cooling system with a front-mounted radiator for optimal engine temperature regulation.
• The motorcycle has a kickstarter mechanism for easy starting.
• It comes with a primary kick transmission system for reliable power transfer.
• The YZ85 has a chain drive system for efficient power delivery to the rear wheel.
• It features a lightweight aluminum frame for enhanced agility and durability.
• The motorcycle is equipped with a front telescopic fork suspension and a rear swingarm suspension.
• It has a front disc brake and a rear disc brake for reliable stopping power.
• The YZ85 has a wheelbase of 49.5 inches (1257mm) for stable handling.
• It comes with a fuel tank capacity of 1.3 gallons (5 liters).
• The motorcycle has a seat height of 33.6 inches (853mm).
• It features 17-inch front and 14-inch rear wheels for optimal traction.
• The YZ85 weighs approximately 157 pounds (71.2 kg) without fuel.
• It has a ground clearance of 13.4 inches (340mm).
• The motorcycle is equipped with Dunlop MX51 tires for excellent off-road performance.
Facts and Details:
- The 2006 Yamaha YZ85 is specifically designed for motocross and off-road racing.
- It is suitable for riders aged 10 and above, making it an ideal choice for youth riders.
- The YZ85 offers a compact and lightweight design, allowing for nimble handling on tight tracks.
- It features a high-revving two-stroke engine, delivering impressive power and acceleration.
- The motorcycle's suspension is adjustable, allowing riders to fine-tune the setup to their preferences.
- The YZ85 comes with a removable aluminum subframe, making maintenance and repairs easier.
- It features a removable air filter for quick and convenient cleaning.
- The motorcycle utilizes a pre-mix fuel system, requiring riders to mix oil with gasoline.
- The YZ85 is known for its excellent cornering capabilities and responsive throttle response.
- It has a reputation for being reliable and durable, even under demanding racing conditions.
- The motorcycle's ergonomics are designed to provide a comfortable riding position and control.
- The YZ85 features aggressive styling and graphics, reflecting its racing heritage.
- It is equipped with a lightweight and responsive clutch, allowing for precise control during starts and gear shifts.
- The motorcycle's powerband is tuned for optimal performance in the mid-to-high RPM range.
► Oil changes should be performed every 10-15 hours of riding or as recommended in the manual.
► Air filter cleaning and oiling should be done regularly, especially in dusty or muddy conditions.
► Spark plug replacement is typically required every 10-15 hours or as needed.
► Suspension should be serviced and adjusted periodically for optimal performance.
General Maintenance Tips:
* Regularly inspect the bike for loose bolts, damaged parts, or signs of wear.
* Keep the chain properly lubricated and tensioned.
* Clean the motorcycle after each ride to remove dirt and debris.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Fouled spark plugs can cause starting or performance issues. Replace with the correct type and heat range.
■ Air filter clogging can lead to decreased performance. Clean or replace as necessary.
■ Clutch slippage may occur due to worn clutch plates. Replace the plates if necessary.
■ Regularly check and adjust the suspension settings to match your riding style and track conditions.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Follow the recommended maintenance intervals outlined in the owner's manual to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
2. Keep the air filter clean and well-oiled to prevent dust and debris from entering the engine.
3. Regularly check and adjust the chain tension to maintain proper power transfer and prevent premature wear.
4. Inspect the tires before each ride for any signs of damage or wear. Replace them if necessary to ensure safe riding.
5. Clean the motorcycle thoroughly after each ride to remove dirt, mud, and other debris that could cause corrosion or damage.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications for the 2006 Yamaha YZ85:
+ Upgrading the exhaust system to a high-performance aftermarket one can improve power delivery and enhance the bike's sound.
+ Installing aftermarket suspension components, such as adjustable forks or rear shocks, can enhance the bike's handling and comfort.
+ Adding a performance air filter and rejetting the carburetor can improve the engine's airflow and optimize fuel mixture for increased power.
+ Installing a larger rear sprocket can improve low-end torque and acceleration.
+ Upgrading the handlebars to ones that suit your riding style and preferences can enhance control and comfort.
Accessories and Attachments:
♦ Skid plates
♦ Graphics kits
♦ Radiator braces
♦ Frame guards
♦ Exhaust plugs
♦ Performance air filters
♦ Carburetor jets
♦ Hour meters
♦ Fork seals and dust covers
♦ Brake pads
♦ Gripper seat covers
♦ Chain and sprocket kits
♦ Suspension lowering kits
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Excellent power delivery and acceleration.
☺ Lightweight and nimble handling.
☺ Reliable and durable for motocross racing.
☺ Adjustable suspension for personalized setup.
☺ Easy maintenance and access to components.
☻ Limited low-end torque compared to larger displacement bikes.
☻ Some riders may find the seat height too tall.
☻ Oil changes can be messy due to the bike's design.
☻ The stock exhaust system could be improved for better performance.
The 2006 Yamaha YZ85 is a top-notch motocross motorcycle designed for both young and experienced riders. With its high-revving two-stroke engine, adjustable suspension, and nimble handling, it offers an exhilarating riding experience on the track. Regular maintenance, including oil changes, air filter cleaning, and suspension adjustments, is crucial to keep the bike performing at its best. Popular tuning options include upgrading the exhaust system, suspension components, and air filter to enhance power and handling. With a wide range of accessories available, riders can personalize their YZ85 to suit their preferences. While the bike has its strengths and weaknesses, overall, it is highly regarded for its reliability, durability, and racing capabilities.
Frequently Repaired Parts and Common Breakages:
→ Clutch plates: Due to high-performance riding, clutch plates may wear out and require replacement.
→ Piston and rings: Regular maintenance is crucial to prevent piston and ring wear, especially in high RPM ranges.
→ Suspension components: Fork seals and dust covers may need replacement due to wear or leaks.
→ Chain and sprockets: Regular adjustment and lubrication are necessary to prevent premature wear.
→ Brake pads: Aggressive riding can lead to accelerated brake pad wear, requiring periodic replacement.
→ Spark plug: Fouling or wear can impact engine performance, necessitating replacement.
→ Air filter: Regular cleaning and maintenance are essential to prevent dirt and debris from entering the engine.
Purchase the original Yamaha YZ85 manual in PDF format by clicking on the green button for a detailed shop handbook. Upon completing your purchase, the PDF manual for the original Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.