To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: Virago, XV500, XV500K / Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd
Yamaha Virago XV500 - Year: 1983
Yamaha Virago XV500K - Year: 1984
Engine: 494 cc (30.14 cubic inches), V2, four-stroke, 49.0 HP (35.8 kW) @ 8000 RPM, 152.0 km/h (94.4 mph), 9.3:1, 2 valves per cylinder, 73.0 x 59.0 mm (2.9 x 2.3 inches), air cooled, Overhead Cams (OHC), 5-speed.
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilanguage)
"Download the OEM Cruiser Motorcycle Manual: Buy and Explore Engine Specifications for the Yamaha Virago, XV500, XV500K"
Attention motorcycle enthusiasts and riders! We are excited to offer the OEM Cruiser Motorcycle Manual for the Yamaha Virago, XV500, XV500K. This comprehensive manual is now available for download, providing detailed engine specifications, technical data, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, common issues and solutions, compatible accessories, and more. Whether you're a cruiser aficionado or a proud owner of the Yamaha Virago, XV500, or XV500K, this manual will be your ultimate resource for understanding and maintaining these iconic motorcycles. Read on to discover the engine specifications, maintenance guidelines, tuning tips, owner reviews, and everything you need to keep your cruiser in excellent condition.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Yamaha Virago, XV500, XV500K is powered by a 494cc air-cooled, four-stroke, V-twin engine.
• The engine features a SOHC (Single Overhead Camshaft) design for smooth power delivery.
• It has a bore and stroke of 66mm x 66mm, offering a balanced combination of power and torque.
• The Virago XV500 has a compression ratio of 9.0:1, optimizing performance and fuel efficiency.
• It is equipped with a dual Mikuni BS32 carburetor for precise fuel metering.
• The motorcycle has a 6-speed manual transmission, providing a wide range of gear options.
• The Virago XV500 features a wet multi-plate clutch for smooth and precise engagement.
• It has a fuel capacity of approximately 2.4 gallons (9 liters), ensuring a decent riding range.
• The motorcycle features a chain final drive for efficient power transfer to the rear wheel.
• It is equipped with a front telescopic fork suspension with approximately 5.5 inches (140mm) of travel.
• The Virago XV500 utilizes a dual rear shock suspension with adjustable preload and approximately 3.9 inches (100mm) of travel.
• The motorcycle has a wheelbase of approximately 55.1 inches (1,400mm) for stability and maneuverability.
• It rides on 18-inch front and rear cast aluminum wheels, providing a balance of comfort and style.
• The Virago XV500 has a seat height of approximately 29.9 inches (760mm), offering a comfortable riding position for various rider sizes.
• It features a front single disc brake and a rear drum brake for reliable stopping power.
• The motorcycle has a dry weight of approximately 430 pounds (195 kg), making it lightweight and agile.
• The Virago XV500 is equipped with a 12-volt electrical system, including a maintenance-free battery and an alternator.
• It features a single round headlight and a classic cruiser-style design with a long, low-slung profile.
• The motorcycle has a maximum power output of approximately 44 horsepower at 9,500 RPM.
• It offers a maximum torque of approximately 30.4 lb-ft (41.3 Nm) at 7,500 RPM.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha Virago, XV500, XV500K was introduced in the early 1980s as part of the Virago cruiser motorcycle lineup.
- It features a classic cruiser design with a low seat height and relaxed riding position.
- The Virago XV500 offers a comfortable and smooth riding experience, suitable for both urban commuting and highway cruising.
- It is known for its reliable and efficient V-twin engine, delivering a balanced combination of power and fuel economy.
- The motorcycle's lightweight construction contributes to its nimble handling and maneuverability.
- The Virago XV500 showcases a timeless styling with chrome accents and a distinctive exhaust note.
- It has a reputation for being a beginner-friendly cruiser, offering easy-to-handle characteristics for new riders.
- The motorcycle's suspension setup provides a comfortable and controlled ride over various road surfaces.
- The Virago XV500K variant features a kickstarter in addition to the electric starter, providing an alternative starting method.
- It is praised for its durability and longevity, often considered a reliable choice for long-term ownership.
- The Virago XV500 offers a balance between power and efficiency, making it a practical option for daily commuting and weekend rides.
- The motorcycle's compact size and low center of gravity contribute to its easy maneuverability in tight spaces.
- It has a loyal following among cruiser enthusiasts who appreciate its classic aesthetics and approachable performance.
- The Yamaha Virago, XV500, XV500K holds a special place in motorcycle history as one of Yamaha's iconic cruiser models.
Maintenance Tips for Effective Motorcycle Care:
1. Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals for regular servicing, including oil changes, filter replacements, and fluid checks.
2. Keep the motorcycle clean and free from dirt and debris, especially around the engine and cooling areas.
3. Regularly inspect and adjust the chain tension for optimal performance and longevity.
4. Check and maintain proper tire pressure for safe handling and extended tire life.
5. Lubricate all moving parts, including cables and pivot points, to reduce friction and ensure smooth operation.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
► Upgrading the exhaust system to aftermarket options can enhance the motorcycle's sound and potentially improve performance.
► Installing a high-flow air filter can increase air intake and improve engine responsiveness.
► Upgrading the suspension with aftermarket shocks can enhance ride comfort and handling.
► Customizing the handlebars and controls to fit personal riding preferences can improve rider comfort and control.
► Adding a windshield or fairing can provide wind protection during longer rides and highway cruising.
Compatible Accessories and Attachments:
* Saddlebags or luggage racks for additional storage capacity during longer rides.
* Backrests and passenger seats for added comfort and convenience for two-up riding.
* Windshields or flyscreens for wind protection and improved aerodynamics.
* Engine guards or crash bars for added protection in case of a tip-over or low-speed fall.
* Custom handlebars and grips for personalized style and rider comfort.
* LED lighting upgrades for improved visibility and a modern look.
* Performance air filters and carburetor jet kits for optimized engine performance.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Classic cruiser styling with timeless appeal.
☺ Smooth power delivery and comfortable riding position.
☺ Lightweight and nimble handling.
☺ Reliable and efficient V-twin engine.
☻ Limited power for more aggressive riding styles.
☻ Drum rear brake may lack stopping power compared to disc brakes.
☻ Limited aftermarket support for customization options.
The Yamaha Virago, XV500, XV500K is a classic cruiser motorcycle known for its timeless design, reliable performance, and comfortable riding experience. With the OEM Cruiser Motorcycle Manual, you can access detailed engine specifications, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, and more to keep your Yamaha Virago in excellent condition. These motorcycles offer a balance of power, efficiency, and approachability, making them ideal for both new and experienced riders. Regular maintenance, adherence to service intervals, and proper care are crucial for ensuring the motorcycle's continued performance and enjoyment. So don't wait any longer! Purchase the comprehensive PDF manual for your Yamaha Virago, XV500, or XV500K and unlock the knowledge to maintain and personalize your cruiser motorcycle.
To purchase and access the detailed shop handbook for Yamaha Virago, XV500, XV500K, click the green button and download the manual in PDF format. Your download link for the original Yamaha shop manual/parts list will be available on the checkout page after completing the purchase. Additionally, we will immediately email you the payment confirmation and provide the download link for your convenience.