To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: XVS650, DragStar 650 / Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd
Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 (1997-2007)
Yamaha XVS650A DragStar Classic (1998-2006)
Yamaha XVS650A DragStar Silverado (2002-2007)
Yamaha XVS650A DragStar Classic (2004-2007)
Yamaha XVS650 Custom (2004-2007)
Yamaha XVS650A DragStar Classic (2008-2016)
Yamaha XVS650A DragStar Silverado (2008-2016)
Yamaha XVS650 Custom (2008-2016)
Engine: 649 cc, air-cooled 70° V-twin; SOHC, 2 v/cylinder
Number of pages: 450+
Language: English (some of our manuals are multilanguage)
"Download the Original Cruiser Motorcycle Manual: Buy the Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 Guide!"
Discover the ultimate resource for Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 enthusiasts—the original cruiser motorcycle manual. This comprehensive guide provides you with detailed insights into the specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning options, accessories, and much more for these iconic motorcycles. Whether you're a proud owner or an aspiring rider, this manual is your gateway to understanding and maintaining the Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 at its best.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 is equipped with a 649cc V-twin engine.
• It features an air-cooled system for effective heat dissipation.
• The engine utilizes a single overhead camshaft (SOHC) configuration.
• It has a bore and stroke measurement of 81mm x 63mm.
• The DragStar 650 features a carbureted fuel delivery system.
• It has a compression ratio of 9.0:1.
• The engine produces a maximum power output of around 40 horsepower.
• It delivers a torque output of approximately 59 Nm.
• The motorcycle features a five-speed transmission for smooth gear shifts.
• It utilizes a wet multi-plate clutch for efficient power transfer.
• The Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 employs an electric starting system.
• It has a belt final drive for low maintenance and quiet operation.
• The motorcycle is equipped with a 9.5-liter fuel tank capacity.
• It features a fuel economy of approximately 45-50 miles per gallon.
• The DragStar 650 has a wheelbase measurement of 1,600mm for stability.
• It offers a ground clearance of around 145mm.
• The motorcycle weighs approximately 229 kg (505 lbs) with fluids.
• It utilizes a telescopic front fork suspension system.
• The rear suspension consists of dual shock absorbers.
• The Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 comes with 41mm front forks for improved handling.
• It features a front disc brake and a rear drum brake setup.
• The motorcycle is equipped with 110/90-19 front and 170/80-15 rear tires.
• It has a seat height of approximately 695mm (27.4 inches).
• The DragStar 650 offers a maximum speed of around 160 km/h (100 mph).
• It features a 12V electrical system for the lights and accessories.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 was first introduced in 1997.
- It is also known as the Yamaha V Star 650 in some markets.
- The motorcycle features a classic cruiser design with chrome accents.
- It offers a comfortable riding position for long-distance journeys.
- The DragStar 650 has gained popularity for its reliability and affordability.
- It is often praised for its user-friendly nature, suitable for beginner riders.
- The motorcycle's low seat height makes it accessible for riders of varying heights.
- The Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 has been a favorite among customization enthusiasts.
- It provides a platform for owners to personalize and modify their motorcycles.
- The bike's modular design allows for easy customization with aftermarket parts.
- The DragStar 650 has a loyal community of riders who organize gatherings and events.
- It offers a smooth and enjoyable cruising experience on both highways and city streets.
- The motorcycle's fuel efficiency makes it an economical choice for daily commuting.
- The Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 has been praised for its balanced power delivery and torque.
► Oil Change: Recommended every 3,000 miles or as per the manufacturer's guidelines.
► Spark Plugs: Replace every 8,000-10,000 miles or as necessary.
► Air Filter: Clean or replace annually or as specified in the manual.
► Chain Lubrication and Adjustment: Check and maintain according to the manual.
► Tires: Regularly inspect for wear and maintain proper inflation.
General Maintenance Tips:
* Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule.
* Keep the motorcycle clean and free from debris.
* Check fluid levels regularly, including oil, coolant, and brake fluid.
* Inspect the drive belt or chain for proper tension and lubrication.
* Maintain proper tire pressure for optimal performance and safety.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Starting Issues: Check the battery connections and ensure they are clean and tight. If necessary, charge or replace the battery.
■ Carburetor Problems: Clean or rebuild the carburetors if experiencing fuel delivery issues or poor idle quality.
■ Electrical Problems: Inspect the wiring harness for any loose connections or damaged wires. Replace or repair as needed.
■ Clutch Slippage: Adjust the clutch cable for proper engagement. If slippage persists, inspect and replace worn clutch plates.
■ Brake Issues: Regularly inspect and replace worn brake pads. Bleed the brake system if experiencing spongy or ineffective brakes.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Regularly clean and lubricate the chain or inspect the drive belt for wear and tension.
2. Follow the manufacturer's recommended oil change intervals and use high-quality oil.
3. Keep the air filter clean and replace it according to the maintenance schedule.
4. Inspect the brake pads and rotors regularly for wear and replace as necessary.
5. Check and maintain proper tire pressure to ensure optimal performance and safety.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Upgrading the exhaust system for improved performance and a deeper sound.
+ Installing a high-flow air filter to enhance air intake and engine performance.
+ Adding a fuel management system to optimize fuel delivery and increase power.
+ Customizing the handlebars or foot controls to achieve a more comfortable riding position.
+ Personalizing the motorcycle with custom paintwork or accessories like saddlebags and backrests.
Accessories and Attachments:
♦ Saddlebags and luggage racks for added storage capacity.
♦ Windshields and fairings for improved wind protection.
♦ Custom seats and backrests for enhanced comfort during long rides.
♦ Engine guards and crash bars for added protection.
♦ Aftermarket exhaust systems for performance and sound customization.
♦ LED lighting kits for improved visibility and aesthetics.
♦ Handlebar risers or extensions for personalized ergonomics.
♦ Highway pegs and floorboards for increased rider comfort.
♦ Custom grips and levers for style and improved control.
♦ Tank pads and tank bras for added protection and aesthetics.
♦ Custom mirrors and turn signals for personalized looks.
♦ Audio systems and communication devices for entertainment and connectivity.
♦ Chrome accents and trim pieces for additional flair.
♦ Security systems and lock kits for theft prevention.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Smooth power delivery, comfortable riding position, affordable maintenance.
☺ Strengths: Classic cruiser styling, reliable performance, excellent fuel efficiency.
☻ Weaknesses: Limited ground clearance, drum rear brake on some models.
☻ Weaknesses: Stock suspension may require upgrades for heavier riders.
Reviews often highlight the bike's versatility for both city commuting and long-distance touring.
Owners appreciate the customization potential and the vibrant aftermarket support.
The motorcycle is often praised for its smooth and stable handling characteristics.
Many riders appreciate the relaxed ergonomics and the comfortable seat for extended rides.
The Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 is a legendary cruiser motorcycle renowned for its reliability, affordability, and classic styling. Its 649cc V-twin engine delivers a balanced combination of power and torque, making it suitable for various riding situations. The motorcycle has a loyal following and offers an excellent platform for customization and personalization. Regular maintenance, adherence to the manufacturer's recommendations, and attention to common issues will ensure the bike's longevity and performance. With the original Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 manual, you can explore its specifications, maintenance tips, tuning options, and much more, empowering you to enjoy your riding experience to the fullest.
Purchase the PDF manual for your Yamaha XVS650 DragStar 650 and unlock a world of detailed knowledge. Upon completing the purchase, the original Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list will be available for download through the checkout page, and you will receive an immediate payment confirmation via email.