To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: Ovation 340 Series (CS340/CS340E) / Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd
1989 Yamaha Ovation 340
1990 Yamaha Ovation 340
1991 Yamaha Ovation 340
1992 Yamaha Ovation 340
1993 Yamaha Ovation 340
1994 Yamaha Ovation 340
1995 Yamaha Ovation 340
1996 Yamaha Ovation 340
1997 Yamaha Ovation 340
1998 Yamaha Ovation 340
1999 Yamaha Ovation 340
Production year(s): 1989, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999
Engine: 377 cc
Number of pages: 253
Manual Language: English
"Get the Ultimate Snow Experience with the Manual Yamaha Ovation 340 Snowmobile"
Experience the thrill of winter adventures with the powerful and reliable Yamaha Ovation 340 snowmobile. Designed to tackle the harshest winter conditions, this manual-driven snowmobile offers exceptional performance and maneuverability. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a beginner, the Yamaha Ovation 340 delivers a truly exhilarating snowmobiling experience. In this article, we will delve into its engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning options, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. So, gear up and prepare for an unforgettable snow-filled journey!
Engine Specifications/Tech Specs:
• The Yamaha Ovation 340 is equipped with a reliable 339cc, air-cooled, 2-stroke engine.
• It features a single-cylinder design for efficient power delivery.
• The engine is equipped with a Mikuni VM32 carburetor for optimal fuel-air mixture control.
• With a bore and stroke of 61 mm x 59 mm, this engine offers a balance of power and torque.
• The Ovation 340 comes with an electric start system for quick and hassle-free ignition.
• It has a CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition) system for reliable spark generation.
• The snowmobile features a fan-cooled cooling system to maintain optimal engine temperature.
• It is equipped with a primary drive clutch and a secondary driven clutch for smooth power transmission.
• The Yamaha Ovation 340 offers a fuel capacity of approximately 8 gallons (30 liters).
• This snowmobile has a standard 12-volt electrical system to power the lights and accessories.
• It features a manual transmission with multiple gears for precise control over speed and acceleration.
• The Ovation 340 has a track length of 121 inches (307 cm) for enhanced traction on snow.
• It boasts a dual-runner ski design for improved stability and maneuverability.
• The ski stance is approximately 37 inches (94 cm), providing excellent balance and control.
• The snowmobile's suspension system includes independent front suspension and a slide rail rear suspension.
• It offers a front hydraulic shock absorber and rear coil-over springs for a comfortable ride.
• The Yamaha Ovation 340 has a total weight of around 500 pounds (227 kg) for easy handling.
• It features a high-performance exhaust system for improved engine efficiency and sound.
• The snowmobile comes with a mechanical braking system for reliable stopping power.
• It has a maximum speed of approximately 50-60 mph (80-96 km/h) depending on conditions.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha Ovation 340 was produced between 1989 and 1999, offering a decade of snowmobiling excellence.
- It gained popularity for its reliable performance, ease of use, and exceptional fuel efficiency.
- The Ovation 340 was favored by riders of all skill levels, from beginners to experienced enthusiasts.
- Its ergonomic design and comfortable seating position made long rides enjoyable and fatigue-free.
- The snowmobile featured a durable chassis and frame construction, ensuring longevity and durability.
- The Ovation 340 offered ample storage space under the seat and in the front hood compartment.
- It was known for its excellent cold weather starting capabilities, even in extreme winter conditions.
- The snowmobile's lightweight design and nimble handling allowed for easy maneuverability on tight trails.
- Yamaha's reputation for reliability extended to the Ovation 340, making it a trusted choice among snowmobile enthusiasts.
- The snowmobile's engine was renowned for its low-end torque and smooth power delivery.
- The Ovation 340 featured a wide ski stance, providing stability and improved cornering performance.
- It was praised for its excellent traction on various types of snow surfaces, enhancing the overall riding experience.
- The snowmobile's suspension system offered a comfortable and controlled ride, even on rough terrain.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, Common Issues, and Solutions:
► Maintenance Intervals: Regular maintenance, including oil changes, spark plug replacement, and belt inspection, should be performed every 1,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► General Maintenance Tips: Keep the snowmobile clean and free of debris, check the oil and coolant levels regularly, inspect the drive belt for wear, and lubricate all moving parts according to the owner's manual.
Common Issues and Solutions:
* Starting Problems: Check the spark plug, ignition system, and fuel delivery system for any issues. Clean or replace components as necessary.
* Overheating: Ensure the cooling system is functioning properly, clean the radiator and cooling fins, and check for any coolant leaks. Replace damaged components or repair leaks promptly.
* Belt Slippage: Adjust the drive belt tension according to the manufacturer's specifications. Replace worn or damaged belts as needed.
* Poor Performance: Check the carburetor, air filter, and fuel system for any blockages or clogs. Clean or replace components as necessary to restore proper performance.
* Electrical Problems: Inspect the wiring harness and connections for any damage or loose connections. Repair or replace faulty components as needed.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
■ Performance Exhaust: Upgrade to an aftermarket exhaust system for improved power and a deeper sound.
■ Clutch Kit: Install a clutch kit to enhance acceleration and optimize power delivery.
■ Carburetor Jetting: Adjust the carburetor jetting for better fuel-air mixture control at different altitudes and temperatures.
■ Suspension Upgrade: Consider upgrading the suspension components for improved comfort and handling.
■ Track Replacement: Replace the stock track with a high-performance track for enhanced traction and durability.
■ Handlebar Risers: Install handlebar risers for a more comfortable riding position and improved control.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
* Windshields: Various windshields are available to suit different riding preferences and weather conditions.
* Skid Plates: Protect the underside of the snowmobile with a skid plate to prevent damage from rocks and debris.
* Mirrors: Install mirrors for increased visibility and safety while riding.
* Cargo Racks: Add cargo racks to carry additional gear and equipment.
* Handguards: Attach handguards to protect your hands from wind, snow, and debris.
* Performance Air Filters: Upgrade to a high-flow air filter for increased airflow and improved engine performance.
* Auxiliary Lighting: Add auxiliary lights to enhance visibility in low-light conditions.
* Snowmobile Covers: Protect your Yamaha Ovation 340 from the elements with a custom-fitted snowmobile cover.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Reliable and durable construction.
☺ Excellent fuel efficiency.
☺ Smooth and predictable power delivery.
☺ Comfortable seating position.
☺ Easy maneuverability and handling.
☺ Trusted Yamaha brand reputation.
☻ Limited top speed compared to high-performance models.
☻ Stock suspension may be less forgiving on rough terrain.
☻ Limited cargo capacity for longer trips.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently:
→ Regular oil changes and filter replacements.
→ Spark plug replacements.
→ Drive belt inspection and replacement.
→ Suspension maintenance, including lubrication and shock absorber servicing.
→ Carburetor cleaning and adjustment.
→ Electrical system checks, including battery maintenance.
Parts that Often Break:
→ Drive belts.
→ Spark plugs.
→ Suspension bushings and bearings.
→ Ignition coils.
→ Carburetor components.
→ Track studs (if equipped).
To obtain the comprehensive shop handbook, simply click the green button and purchase the Yamaha Ovation 340 PDF guide using PayPal or your credit card. Upon completion of payment, your official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list download link will be instantly available on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information for your convenience.