To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: Badger YFM 80 / Yamaha
1992 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
1993 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
1994 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
1995 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
1996 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
1997 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
1998 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
1999 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
2000 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
2001 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80
Production year(s): 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001
Manual Language: English
"Master Your ATV: Download the Comprehensive PDF Manual for Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80"
Take control of your off-road adventures with the 1992-2001 Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80 ATV. Whether you're a young rider or an ATV enthusiast, this compact and reliable machine delivers thrilling performance and versatility. To help you maintain and optimize your Yamaha Badger 80, we have compiled a comprehensive PDF manual. This manual covers engine specifications, maintenance intervals, tuning tips, available accessories, and more. By downloading this manual, you'll have the knowledge and resources to keep your Yamaha ATV in peak condition and experience the ultimate ATV riding experience.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80 ATV is equipped with an air-cooled, 79cc, single-cylinder, 2-stroke engine.
• Engine displacement: 79cc (cubic centimeters).
• The engine features a bore and stroke of approximately 47mm x 45.6mm, providing a balance of power and torque.
• The ATV utilizes a kick-start system for easy starting.
• Fuel is delivered via a carburetor for efficient fuel-air mixture.
• Transmission: The Badger 80 ATV is equipped with a 3-speed automatic transmission, providing smooth power delivery.
• The ATV utilizes a chain drive system for efficient power transfer to the rear wheels.
• The suspension system features front single A-arm and rear swingarm, offering a comfortable and controlled ride.
• The Badger 80 ATV comes with drum brakes in the front and rear, ensuring reliable stopping power.
• The ATV weighs approximately 220 pounds (100 kilograms), making it lightweight and agile.
• The fuel tank capacity is approximately 2.1 gallons (8 liters), allowing for extended riding adventures.
• The ATV features a low seat height for easy maneuverability and rider confidence.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha Badger 80, YFM 80 ATV is specifically designed for young riders or beginners, offering a safe and enjoyable off-road experience.
- The ATV features a rugged and durable construction, ensuring it can withstand the demands of off-road riding.
- With its compact size and lightweight design, the Badger 80 ATV is highly maneuverable and suitable for tight trails and smaller riders.
- The ATV offers smooth acceleration and easy handling, making it an excellent choice for riders developing their off-road skills.
- The electric start feature allows for easy and convenient starting, eliminating the need for kick-starting.
- The Badger 80 ATV has a low-maintenance 2-stroke engine, providing reliable performance without complicated maintenance procedures.
- Yamaha is known for its quality and reliability, and the Badger 80 ATV lives up to this reputation with its dependable performance.
- The ATV's automatic transmission eliminates the need for shifting gears, allowing riders to focus on the trail ahead.
- The Badger 80 ATV features a comfortable and ergonomic seat, ensuring a pleasant riding experience for young riders.
- The ATV's suspension system provides a smooth ride over various terrains, absorbing bumps and shocks effectively.
- Owners appreciate the ease of maintenance and the availability of genuine Yamaha parts for repairs and replacements.
- The Badger 80 ATV is a popular choice for families and recreational riders, offering a safe and enjoyable way to explore the outdoors.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule for regular servicing, including oil changes, air filter cleaning/replacement, and spark plug inspection/replacement.
► Keep the ATV clean by washing it regularly and removing dirt and debris from the air filter.
► Inspect and adjust the chain tension regularly to ensure proper power transfer and prevent premature wear.
► Check the brakes and brake pads for wear and replace as necessary.
► Maintain proper tire pressure and inspect for any signs of damage or wear. Replace worn or damaged tires promptly.
► Regularly lubricate the ATV's pivot points, control cables, and suspension components to prevent corrosion and ensure smooth operation.
► Keep the ATV's battery charged and clean the terminals to maintain reliable starting.
► Common issues may include carburetor problems, such as clogged jets or improper fuel mixture. Cleaning or adjusting the carburetor can often resolve these issues.
► Ensure the ATV is properly stored when not in use, protecting it from the elements and preventing rust or deterioration.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Upgrading the exhaust system for improved performance and a deeper sound.
* Installing an aftermarket air filter for increased airflow and improved throttle response.
* Upgrading the suspension components for enhanced off-road capability and a smoother ride.
* Adding LED lights or light bars for improved visibility during night rides.
* Installing a snorkel kit for improved water-crossing capabilities.
* Adding a winch for increased recovery options in challenging terrain.
* Installing handguards to protect the rider's hands from brush and debris.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Rear racks and storage options for carrying gear and supplies.
■ Bumpers and skid plates for increased protection during off-road adventures.
■ Nerf bars or footpegs for added rider comfort and control.
■ Graphics kits and decals for customizing the ATV's appearance.
■ Youth-sized helmets, goggles, and protective gear for young riders.
■ Speed limiters or throttle restrictors for parental control and rider safety.
■ ATV covers for protection against the elements when not in use.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Perfect for young riders or beginners.
☺ Lightweight and agile for maneuvering on tight trails.
☺ Reliable performance and ease of maintenance.
☺ Smooth acceleration and easy handling.
☺ Comfortable and ergonomic seating.
☻ Limited power for demanding off-road conditions.
☻ Not suitable for larger or more experienced riders.
☻ Limited storage capacity for long-distance riding.
Repairs Frequently Needed and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Spark plug replacements for consistent ignition.
→ Carburetor cleanings or rebuilds to address fuel-related issues.
→ Chain replacements due to wear or stretching.
→ Air filter cleanings or replacements for proper airflow.
→ Brake pad replacements for reliable braking performance.
→ Tire replacements for worn or damaged treads.
→ Regular oil and filter changes for engine health.
Download the Yamaha repair manual by clicking the green button. After completing your payment, the checkout page will display the download link for the official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list for the Badger 80, YFM 80 ATV. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.