To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: KX450F, KX450, KX 450F F 2 / Kawasaki Motorcycle & Engine Company
2009 Kawasaki KX450F
2009 Kawasaki KX450
Engine: 449.0 cc (27.40 cubic inches), Single cylinder, four-stroke, 12.5:1, 4 valves per cylinder, Injection. 43 mm Keihin Throttle body, Double Overhead Cams/Twin Cam (DOHC), liquid cooled, Digital DC-CDI, 5-speed
Production/model years: 2009
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the 4-Stroke Motocross Motorbike Service Manual: Explore the Engine Specs of the 2009 Kawasaki KX450F, KX450"
Unleash the power of motocross with the 2009 Kawasaki KX450F, KX450. Designed for adrenaline-fueled rides on the dirt track, this 4-stroke motocross motorbike delivers impressive performance and precision. To assist you in maintaining and understanding this exceptional machine, we present a comprehensive overview of its engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning options, available accessories, and owner reviews. Get ready to conquer the track with the Kawasaki KX450F, KX450.
Engine Specs / Technical Specifications:
• The 2009 Kawasaki KX450F, KX450 features a liquid-cooled, four-stroke, single-cylinder engine.
• Displacement: 449cc.
• Bore x Stroke: 96.0mm x 62.1mm.
• Compression Ratio: 12.5:1.
• Fuel System: Keihin FCR-MX40 carburetor.
• Ignition System: Digital CDI.
• Transmission: 5-speed, constant mesh.
• Clutch: Wet multi-disc, manual.
• Primary Reduction Ratio: 2.727 (60/22).
• Final Reduction Ratio: 3.846 (52/13).
• Front Suspension: 48mm inverted, twin-chamber telescopic fork with 305mm wheel travel.
• Rear Suspension: UNI-TRAK® linkage system with 315mm wheel travel.
• Front Brake: Single semi-floating 250mm disc with dual-piston caliper.
• Rear Brake: Single 240mm disc with single-piston caliper.
• Wheelbase: 1,495mm.
• Ground Clearance: 330mm.
• Dry Weight: Approximately 109.5kg.
• Fuel Capacity: 6.2 liters.
• Top Speed: Varies depending on rider and conditions, typically around 75-80 mph.
Facts and Details:
- The 2009 Kawasaki KX450F, KX450 received significant updates, including improvements to the engine, suspension, and overall performance.
- It featured an aluminum perimeter frame for increased rigidity and optimal handling on the motocross track.
- The bike's engine was known for its strong and responsive power delivery, offering impressive torque and acceleration.
- Kawasaki incorporated advanced technology, including a Keihin FCR-MX40 carburetor, for precise fuel metering and throttle response.
- The KX450F, KX450 showcased a slim and ergonomic design, allowing riders to maintain optimal control and maneuverability.
- It had a UNI-TRAK® rear suspension system, providing excellent damping and improved rear-wheel traction during jumps and rough terrain.
- Kawasaki implemented a twin-chamber inverted front fork, delivering smooth and controlled suspension performance.
- The KX450F, KX450 featured a lightweight and durable aluminum swingarm, contributing to the bike's overall balance and stability.
- The bike's ergonomics were designed with rider comfort in mind, with adjustable controls and a comfortable seat.
- Kawasaki equipped the KX450F, KX450 with petal-shaped brake discs, ensuring reliable and consistent stopping power.
- It received positive reviews for its exceptional handling, stability, and ability to handle jumps and rough terrains.
- The KX450F, KX450 was praised for its overall durability and reliability, capable of withstanding the demands of intense motocross racing.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Oil Change: Recommended every 5-10 hours of operation or as specified by the manufacturer. Use a high-quality motorcycle-specific oil.
► Air Filter: Clean or replace every 1-2 rides or more frequently in dusty conditions.
► Valve Clearance: Check and adjust every 20-30 hours or as specified in the service manual.
► Chain Maintenance: Regularly lubricate and adjust the chain for optimal performance and longevity.
► Cooling System: Inspect hoses and coolant level regularly, flush and replace coolant as recommended.
► Electrical System: Check the battery, wiring, and spark plug regularly for any signs of wear or malfunction.
► Common Issues: Some owners reported issues with the carburetor tuning, especially in extreme temperature or altitude conditions. Regular cleaning, adjustments, and jetting modifications can help resolve these issues.
Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Upgrading the exhaust system for improved power delivery and enhanced sound.
Installing an aftermarket air filter for increased airflow and improved engine response.
Rejetting the carburetor to match specific riding conditions and optimize fuel mixture.
Upgrading the suspension components for enhanced handling and adjustability.
Adding a high-performance ignition system for better throttle response and power delivery.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Performance exhaust systems for increased power and improved sound.
Upgraded suspension components for enhanced handling and adjustability.
Oversized footpegs for improved grip and control.
Handlebar risers or aftermarket handlebars for personalized ergonomics.
Skid plates and frame guards for increased protection against rocks and debris.
Graphics kits and seat covers for customization and added style.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺Powerful and responsive engine performance.
☺Excellent handling and stability on motocross tracks.
☺Adjustable controls and comfortable riding position.
☺Durable construction and reliability.
☺Impressive suspension performance.
☻Some riders may find the bike's weight and size challenging, especially in tight corners.
☻Carburetor tuning may require adjustments for optimal performance in specific riding conditions.
☻Regular maintenance is crucial for consistent performance and longevity.
Repairs Carried Out Most Frequently:
► Carburetor cleaning and tuning.
► Chain and sprocket replacements.
► Suspension component maintenance or replacement.
► Top-end rebuilds due to wear or piston/ring replacement.
Secure your PDF service manual and parts catalog by clicking the green button and completing your purchase with PayPal. "To get your official Kawasaki OEM shop manual and parts catalog in PDF format, simply click the green button and securely complete your purchase using PayPal. Once the payment is complete, your download link for the shop manual and parts catalog will appear on the checkout page, and we will immediately email you the payment and download information.