The following models are included in this manual: IT200, IT200S / Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd
1986 Yamaha IT200
1986 Yamaha IT200S
Engine: 193cc, air Cooled, 2 Stroke, Reed Valve Straight Single, 66x57, Mikuni VM36ss,
Production year(s): 1986
Manual Language: English
Printable: with all printers
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Troubleshoot and Download the Off-Road Motorcycle Manual: Explore the 1986 Yamaha IT200 and IT200S"
Welcome to a comprehensive guide on the 1986 Yamaha IT200 and IT200S off-road motorcycles. Whether you're an owner, enthusiast, or simply curious about these legendary bikes, this article will provide you with engine specs, maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning suggestions, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. Let's dive into the world of the IT200 and IT200S and uncover the exciting details of these iconic off-road machines.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• Engine Type: Two-stroke, single-cylinder
• Displacement: 198cc
• Bore x Stroke: 66.0mm x 58.2mm
• Compression Ratio: 6.4:1
• Carburetion: Mikuni VM30SS
• Ignition: CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)
• Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
• Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
• Front Suspension: Telescopic fork with coil spring
• Rear Suspension: Swingarm with mono shock
• Front Brake: Hydraulic disc
• Rear Brake: Mechanical drum
• Wheelbase: 57.5 inches (1460mm)
• Ground Clearance: 13.0 inches (330mm)
• Fuel Capacity: 2.3 gallons (8.7 liters)
• Weight: Approximately 212 pounds (96 kg)
• Front Tire: 3.00-21
• Rear Tire: 4.10-18
• Frame: Steel, single downtube
• Final Drive: Chain
Facts and Details (1986 Yamaha IT200, IT200S):
- The IT200 and IT200S were part of Yamaha's renowned IT series, which stood for "International Trial."
- These bikes were highly regarded for their exceptional power-to-weight ratio, making them agile and fun to ride.
- The IT200S variant featured a revised suspension setup for improved handling and comfort.
- Both models came equipped with a six-speed transmission, allowing riders to navigate various terrains with ease.
- The Autolube oil injection system eliminated the need for pre-mixing fuel and oil, simplifying maintenance.
- The lightweight steel frame provided excellent maneuverability while maintaining durability.
- The IT200 and IT200S showcased Yamaha's commitment to off-road performance, with features like the front hydraulic disc brake for enhanced stopping power.
- These bikes were popular choices for both recreational riders and competitive off-road enthusiasts.
- The IT200 and IT200S were known for their smooth power delivery and reliable performance, even in demanding off-road conditions.
- Yamaha's attention to detail was evident in the well-designed ergonomics, ensuring rider comfort during long rides.
- The IT200 and IT200S received positive reviews for their nimble handling and responsive suspension, allowing riders to tackle challenging trails with confidence.
- These models have gained a dedicated following over the years, and many enthusiasts continue to cherish and restore these bikes.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
Regular maintenance intervals include oil changes every 500-1000 miles (800-1600 km) and air filter cleaning/replacement every few rides or when visibly dirty.
Keep an eye on the coolant levels and ensure the cooling system is functioning properly to prevent overheating.
Common issues may include fouled spark plugs, clogged carburetor jets, and worn-out suspension components. Regular inspection and cleaning can help prevent these problems.
Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Upgrading the exhaust system can improve overall performance and provide a more aggressive sound.
Installing a high-flow air filter and rejetting the carburetor can enhance throttle response.
Suspension upgrades, such as stiffer springs or adjustable shocks, can improve handling and comfort based on individual preferences.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Aftermarket exhaust systems from brands like FMF and Pro Circuit.
Gripper seat covers for improved traction.
Upgraded handlebars, levers, and grips for personalized comfort and control.
Performance air filters and carburetor jet kits for fine-tuning.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Owners appreciate the IT200 and IT200S for their lightweight nature, nimble handling, and reliability.
The power delivery is often praised as smooth and tractable, suitable for both beginners and experienced riders.
The suspension is considered capable of handling a wide range of terrain, providing confidence and control.
Some riders have mentioned that the stock tires could be upgraded for better traction in specific off-road conditions.
Frequently Repaired Components:
Common repairs on the IT200 and IT200S may involve the carburetor, specifically cleaning or replacing jets and seals.
Suspension components such as fork seals and shock bushings may require periodic maintenance or replacement.
Spark plug replacement and regular maintenance of the electrical system are important for consistent performance.
Click the green button to get instant access to the comprehensive PDF service manual for the Yamaha IT200 and IT200S via PayPal. Once payment is complete, your official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts catalog download link will appear on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information for your convenience.
Price: 18.99 USD