To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: RZ350 / Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd
1984 Yamaha RZ350
1985 Yamaha RZ350
Engine: 347cc liquid-cooled, two-stroke parallel twin, 39hp @ 8,500rpm
Production year(s): 1984, 1985
Manual Language: English
Printable: with all printers
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Troubleshoot and Download the Two-Stroke Motorcycle Manual: Explore the 1984-1985 Yamaha RZ350"
Welcome to a comprehensive guide on the 1984-1985 Yamaha RZ350, a legendary two-stroke motorcycle. Whether you're an owner, enthusiast, or simply interested in this iconic bike, this article will provide you with engine specs, interesting facts, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. Join us as we delve into the world of the Yamaha RZ350 and uncover its fascinating details.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• Engine Type: Two-stroke, liquid-cooled, parallel-twin
• Displacement: 347cc
• Bore x Stroke: 64.0mm x 54.0mm
• Compression Ratio: 6.4:1
• Carburetion: Dual Mikuni 26mm VM26SS
• Ignition: CDI (Capacitor Discharge Ignition)
• Transmission: 6-speed constant mesh
• Clutch: Wet, multi-plate
• Front Suspension: Telescopic fork with anti-dive
• Rear Suspension: Dual shock absorbers
• Front Brake: Dual hydraulic disc
• Rear Brake: Hydraulic disc
• Wheelbase: 54.9 inches (1395mm)
• Ground Clearance: 5.5 inches (140mm)
• Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gallons (17 liters)
• Weight: Approximately 375 pounds (170 kg)
• Front Tire: 100/90-18
• Rear Tire: 110/90-18
• Frame: Steel, double cradle
• Final Drive: Chain
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha RZ350 was known as the "RD350LC" in certain markets outside of the United States.
- It was one of the last street-legal two-stroke motorcycles sold in the United States due to emission regulations.
- The RZ350 was highly regarded for its exhilarating performance, offering a thrilling powerband and impressive acceleration.
- Its parallel-twin engine utilized Yamaha's Yamaha Power Valve System (YPVS), which provided optimal power delivery throughout the RPM range.
- The RZ350 featured a unique and iconic styling, reminiscent of Yamaha's racing motorcycles of the era.
- It was equipped with a fully adjustable suspension, allowing riders to fine-tune the bike's handling to their preferences.
- The RZ350's lightweight construction and nimble chassis made it agile and responsive, ideal for twisty roads.
- It gained popularity among motorcycle enthusiasts for its combination of street performance and two-stroke character.
- The RZ350's exhaust note was distinctive, known for its signature two-stroke sound that captured the attention of riders and bystanders alike.
- This motorcycle was equipped with a hybrid oil injection system, allowing riders to enjoy the benefits of two-stroke performance without the hassle of pre-mixing fuel and oil.
- The RZ350's reputation as a "wheelie machine" stemmed from its lively power delivery, encouraging playful riding experiences.
- Due to its age and unique technology, the RZ350 has become a sought-after collectible, cherished by enthusiasts and collectors worldwide.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
Regular maintenance intervals include checking and adjusting the oil pump cable, cleaning or replacing the air filter, and inspecting the exhaust system for leaks or damage.
It is important to maintain proper two-stroke oil levels and ensure the oil injection system is functioning correctly.
Common issues may include fouled spark plugs, carburetor tuning difficulties, and aging rubber components. Regular inspections and proper maintenance can help prevent these problems.
Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Installing expansion chambers, such as the popular aftermarket options from brands like Spec II and HVCcycle, can improve power and enhance the two-stroke sound.
Upgrading the carburetors and rejetting them to suit individual preferences can optimize performance.
Suspension upgrades, such as stiffer springs and adjustable shocks, can improve handling and stability.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Aftermarket expansion chambers and silencers.
Performance air filters.
Upgraded carburetors and jet kits.
Handlebar upgrades for improved ergonomics.
Cosmetic enhancements, such as fairings, decals, and seat covers.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Owners often praise the RZ350 for its exhilarating performance and unique two-stroke experience.
The power delivery and acceleration are frequently highlighted as major strengths, providing an exciting ride.
The lightweight nature and nimble handling are appreciated, allowing riders to navigate twisty roads with ease.
Some owners mention that the RZ350 requires regular maintenance and attention to keep it running at its best due to its two-stroke nature.
Frequently Repaired Components:
► Common repairs may involve carburetor cleaning and tuning to maintain optimal performance.
► Spark plug replacement and regular maintenance of the electrical system are crucial for consistent ignition.
► Aging rubber components, such as hoses and gaskets, may require replacement to prevent leaks.
Get immediate access to the comprehensive Yamaha RZ350 service manual in PDF format by simply clicking the green button and completing the secure PayPal transaction. Once your PayPal payment is complete, the official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts catalog download link will be available on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.