To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Production year(s): 2006, 2007, 2008
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Charger / Dodge Chrysler
Dodge Charger SE
Dodge Charger SXT
Dodge Charger R/T
Dodge Charger SRT8
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Revamping Your Experience: A Comprehensive Overhaul and Troubleshooting Manual for the Dodge Charger (2006-2008)"
If you're a proud owner of a Dodge Charger from the 2006 to 2008 range, this all-inclusive overhaul and troubleshooting manual is your new best friend. Not only does it guide you through the fundamental specs of your beloved machine, it also shares valuable maintenance and tuning tips, aftermarket options, and owner reviews, and tackles common issues faced by Charger owners. This guide stands as a comprehensive encyclopedia, ensuring your Charger remains the king of the road.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• These Chargers come equipped with a 3.5L V6 engine as standard.
• The SE and SXT models feature a 250-horsepower engine.
• The R/T model boasts a 5.7L V8 HEMI that can deliver 340 horsepower.
• The SRT8, the top-tier model, is packed with a 6.1L HEMI V8 producing a whopping 425 horsepower.
• The torque generated in the SE and SXT models is about 250 lb-ft.
• For the R/T model, the torque jumps to 390 lb-ft.
• The SRT8 showcases the most torque, at a hefty 420 lb-ft.
• The SE and SXT models are equipped with a 4-speed automatic transmission.
• For the R/T and SRT8 models, a 5-speed automatic transmission is standard.
• The Charger R/T has an optional Road/Track Performance Group package, boosting horsepower to 350.
• The standard fuel economy for the V6 is approximately 21 mpg in the city and 28 mpg on the highway.
• Fuel economy for the 5.7L V8 is approximately 17 mpg city and 25 mpg highway.
• The SRT8, with its powerful engine, has an estimated fuel economy of 14 mpg city and 20 mpg highway.
• The Charger features a rear-wheel-drive layout.
• The SXT model offers an optional all-wheel-drive layout.
• Standard anti-lock brakes and stability control enhance the car's safety.
• All models come equipped with a tire pressure monitoring system.
• The SRT8 features Brembo high-performance brakes and a sport suspension.
• An optional sunroof is available in all models.
• The Charger's wheelbase is approximately 120 inches.
• The length of these models is roughly 200.1 inches.
• The width of these Chargers stands at about 74.5 inches.
• The height of these models is approximately 58.2 inches.
• The passenger volume for these models is about 104 cubic feet.
• The Charger offers a generous trunk volume of approximately 16.2 cubic feet.
Facts and Details:
- The Dodge Charger SRT8's 6.1L engine made it the most powerful sedan in the Dodge lineup during 2006-2008.
- The Charger marked Dodge's return to the high-performance sedan market after a long absence.
- The 2006-2008 Charger's design was a contemporary take on the classic American muscle car.
- The Charger came in seven different exterior colors, allowing owners to personalize their vehicle.
- The Charger's four-door design was a departure from the traditional two-door muscle car design.
- The R/T model with the Road/Track Performance Group package had performance-oriented extras like performance steering, performance suspension, and a high-speed engine controller.
- The Charger, due to its aggressive and sleek design, was featured in numerous films and TV shows during its production years.
Maintenance Tips, Common Issues and Solutions:
- Maintenance Intervals: Generally, the oil and filter change should be carried out every 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Tire rotation and brake inspections should be done every 6,000 miles. The spark plugs should be replaced every 30,000 miles.
- Common Issues: Some owners have reported issues with the gear shifter getting stuck, and premature brake and rotor wear.
- Solutions: For the gear shifter issue, a replacement of the gear shifter assembly is typically required. For brake and rotor wear, high-performance aftermarket options can offer longer durability.
- One of the easiest and most cost-effective performance upgrades is an air intake system upgrade for better engine breathing.
- Tuning the engine control unit (ECU) can lead to more horsepower and improved fuel efficiency.
- Upgrading the exhaust system can increase the power output while offering a more aggressive sound.
- For the suspension, coilovers can offer improved handling without sacrificing ride comfort.
Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Custom wheels for enhanced appearance and performance.
- LED headlights for improved visibility.
- Cold air intake systems for better engine performance.
- High-performance brake kits for better stopping power.
- Body kits for an aggressive and custom look.
- Performance chips for improved engine performance.
- Custom leather seat covers for added comfort and style.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Strengths: Owners love the Charger's aggressive styling and the powerful V8 engines. The spacious interior is another big plus.
- Weaknesses: Some owners have reported issues with reliability, especially related to the electrical system. The car's fuel efficiency could also be improved.
Hit the green button to initiate your PDF purchase of the complete Dodge service manual on RepairLoader.com. Safe and secure transactions through PayPal."
Once your secure payment is successfully processed, you will be directed to a checkout page displaying your official Dodge OEM shop manual and parts list download link. Additionally, we'll promptly send an email with all the download details, right after your transaction.