To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is relevant for the listed models: YFZ450 / Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd
2004 Yamaha YFZ450
2005 Yamaha YFZ450
2006 Yamaha YFZ450
Engine: 449.0 cc (27.40 cubic inches), liquid cooled, single cylinder, four-stroke, 11.4:1, 95.0 x 63.4 mm (3.7 x 2.5 inches), 5 valves per cylinder, Carburetor. Keihin 39 mm FCR w/throttle position sensor, Double Overhead Cams/Twin Cam (DOHC), DC - CDI
Years: 2004 2005 2006
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
No registration required, no membership! - 100 % secure payment via PayPal or credit card.
Instant download/delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after the payment.
"Troubleshooting ATV Issues Made Easy with the Comprehensive Yamaha YFZ450 Manual"
When it comes to troubleshooting and maintaining your ATV, having a reliable manual is crucial. The 2004-2006 Yamaha YFZ450 manual is your go-to resource for all technical specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, and aftermarket options. In this article, we will provide you with a list of engine specs, interesting facts, maintenance intervals, popular modifications, available accessories, owner reviews, and more. Whether you're a seasoned rider or a novice enthusiast, this comprehensive guide will help you get the most out of your Yamaha YFZ450 ATV.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The Yamaha YFZ450 features a 449cc liquid-cooled, four-stroke engine.
• It has a single overhead camshaft (SOHC) configuration.
• The engine is equipped with a five-speed manual transmission.
• Bore and stroke dimensions are 95mm x 63.4mm.
• Compression ratio stands at 11.4:1.
• The ATV utilizes a Mikuni BSR 42mm carburetor.
• It has an electric starter system for convenient ignition.
• The YFZ450 engine produces approximately 50 horsepower.
• Fuel is delivered through a 2.6-gallon capacity fuel tank.
• The ATV features a maintenance-free CDI ignition system.
• It has a dry weight of around 350 pounds.
• The YFZ450 utilizes a fully adjustable independent double-wishbone front suspension.
• Rear suspension consists of a swingarm with a mono-cross shock.
• The ATV features dual hydraulic front disc brakes for reliable stopping power.
• It has a single hydraulic disc brake at the rear.
• The YFZ450 rides on front and rear Maxxis tires.
• The ATV has a wheelbase of 50.4 inches.
• Ground clearance measures approximately 4.5 inches.
• It features a compact frame design for enhanced agility.
• The YFZ450 has a total length of 72.4 inches.
• Seat height stands at 31.9 inches.
• The ATV's overall width is approximately 46.1 inches.
• It has a total height of 41.9 inches.
• The YFZ450 has a turning radius of 126 inches.
• The ATV features a rugged and sporty design, ideal for off-road enthusiasts.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha YFZ450 was introduced in 2004 as a high-performance sport ATV.
- It quickly gained popularity among riders for its exceptional power and handling.
- The ATV won multiple championships in ATV racing competitions.
- Yamaha incorporated advanced technologies from their YZ motocross bikes into the YFZ450.
- The YFZ450 was one of the first ATVs to feature a lightweight aluminum frame.
- It became a benchmark for other manufacturers in the sport ATV segment.
- The YFZ450 has a wide aftermarket support, offering various performance upgrades and accessories.
- Yamaha introduced the YFZ450 Special Edition in 2005, featuring a unique color scheme and enhanced features.
- The ATV's performance-oriented suspension allows for aggressive jumps and precise cornering.
- The YFZ450 is equipped with a high-performance exhaust system for improved power delivery.
- The ATV's ergonomic design provides excellent rider comfort and control.
- The YFZ450 is designed for experienced riders and enthusiasts who seek adrenaline-pumping off-road experiences.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
- Follow Yamaha's recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the manual.
- Regularly check and change the engine oil and oil filter according to the intervals specified.
- Clean and lubricate the chain after each ride to ensure proper function and longevity.
- Inspect and clean the air filter regularly to prevent dirt and debris from entering the engine.
- Check tire pressure before each ride and replace worn-out tires promptly.
- Pay attention to coolant levels and ensure the radiator is clean and free from debris.
- Common issues with the YFZ450 may include carburetor adjustments, electrical system glitches, and fueling problems.
- If experiencing starting issues, check the battery condition and connections.
- Backfiring or poor acceleration could indicate a carburetor tuning issue.
- Electrical problems might require inspection of wiring connections and fuses.
- Regularly inspect the brakes and replace brake pads when necessary.
- Address any unusual noises or vibrations promptly to prevent further damage.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
- Install an aftermarket exhaust system for increased power and a more aggressive sound.
- Upgrade the air filter to a high-flow performance filter for improved airflow.
- Install a jet kit to optimize fuel delivery and enhance throttle response.
- Upgrade the suspension components for better handling and increased ground clearance.
- Consider installing a steering stabilizer for improved stability during high-speed riding.
- Install nerf bars or a skid plate to protect the ATV's vulnerable underside.
- Add an aftermarket fuel controller to fine-tune the fueling for maximum performance.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Performance exhaust systems from manufacturers like FMF, Yoshimura, and HMF.
- High-flow air filters from K&N, Uni, and Twin Air.
- Suspension upgrades from companies like Elka, Fox, and Ohlins.
- Steering stabilizers from brands like GPR and Precision Racing Products.
- Nerf bars and skid plates from manufacturers such as Pro Armor and DG Performance.
- Fuel controllers from companies like Dynojet and EHS Racing.
- Graphics kits and custom decals for personalizing the ATV's appearance.
- LED light bars and auxiliary lighting options for enhanced visibility during night rides.
- Upgraded handlebars, grips, and handguards from various manufacturers.
- Aftermarket wheels and tires for different riding conditions and terrains.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Strengths: The Yamaha YFZ450 offers exceptional power, precise handling, and a lightweight frame, making it a top choice for competitive riding. Its performance-oriented suspension and reliable braking system ensure a thrilling riding experience. The wide availability of aftermarket parts and accessories allows for customization and performance upgrades tailored to individual preferences.
Weaknesses: Some riders have reported carburetor and electrical issues, particularly during the initial break-in period. The stock tires might not perform optimally in certain terrains, requiring replacement for specialized riding conditions. The YFZ450's aggressive power delivery may be challenging for less experienced riders.
To access your detailed shop handbook in PDF format, simply click the green button and proceed with the purchase using PayPal on RepairLoader.com. Your Yamaha service manual will be available for instant download after a secure payment transaction.
Upon completing your payment via PayPal, the official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts list download link will be visible on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you all the necessary download information for your convenience and peace of mind.