To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Fix and maintain your compact car with ease by downloading the Hyundai Motor Company HMC Elantra repair and workshop manual in PDF format, available for instant download.
Specs and manual details:
Production year(s): 1996, 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Elantra / Hyundai Motor Company HMC
Hyundai Elantra GLS
Hyundai Elantra GT
Hyundai Elantra Limited
Hyundai Elantra SE
Hyundai Elantra VE
Hyundai Elantra Blue
Hyundai Elantra GL
Hyundai Elantra GS
1996: KMHJF24M0TU138001 to KMHJF24M0TU164865
1997: KMHJF24M4VU804001 to KMHJF24M4VU883215
1998: KMHJF24M3WU838001 to KMHJF24M8WU899803
1999: KMHJF24M8XU147981 to KMHJF24M2XP028938
2000: KMHDN45D2YU127001 to KMHDN45D1YU162722
2001: KMHDN45D81U108001 to KMHDN45D81U289749
2002: KMHDN45D32U361501 to KMHDN45D52U413058
2003: KMHDN45D33U527001 to KMHDN45D63U712710
2004: KMHDN46D64U723001 to KMHDN46C94U922225
2005: KMHDN46D65U025001 to KMHDN46D65U511354
2006: KMHDU46D96U160001 to KMHDU46D96U666218
2007: KMHDU46D17U170001 to KMHDU46D07U213046
2008: KMHDU46D38U397001 to KMHDU46D48U574582
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
"Download the Ultimate Repair Manual for 1996-2008 Hyundai Elantra"
The 1996-2008 Hyundai Elantra is a reliable and popular car, known for its fuel efficiency and sleek design. However, like any vehicle, it requires regular maintenance and occasional repairs to keep it running smoothly. With the OEM service manual, you can access detailed engine specifications, common issues and their solutions, maintenance tips, and much more. In this article, we'll provide you with all the essential information you need to keep your Hyundai Elantra in top condition.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• Base engine size: 2.0 L I4
• Horsepower: 140 hp @ 6000 rpm
• Torque: 136 lb-ft @ 4500 rpm
• Base engine type: Gas
• Valve timing: DOHC
• Cylinders: Inline 4
• Fuel tank capacity: 14 gal.
• Base engine horsepower: 140 hp
• Engine displacement: 2.0 L
• Transmission: 5-speed manual, 4-speed automatic, 5-speed automatic
• Drive type: Front-wheel
• Fuel type: Regular unleaded
• Fuel consumption: 25 mpg city/33 mpg hwy
• Turning radius: 33.9'
• Front legroom: 43.5"
• Rear legroom: 35.0"
• Front headroom: 39.6"
• Rear headroom: 37.8"
• Front hiproom: 53.1"
• Rear hiproom: 53.4"
• Front shoulder room: 55.6"
• Rear shoulder room: 54.9"
• Interior cargo volume: 12.9 cu.ft.
• Curb weight: 2,756 lbs.
• Towing capacity: Not recommended for towing.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The 1996-2008 Hyundai Elantra was one of the first vehicles to offer side airbags as standard equipment.
- In 2001, the Elantra received a facelift with updated styling and improved safety features.
- The Elantra was named North American Car of the Year in 2012.
- The Elantra was available in several trims, including the GL, GLS, GT, and Limited.
- The Elantra was praised for its high-quality interior and comfortable ride.
- The Elantra was known for its affordability and fuel efficiency, with some models achieving up to 40 mpg on the highway.
- The Elantra was redesigned in 2007 with more modern styling and improved safety features.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
- Oil change interval: 5,000-7,500 miles
- Air filter replacement interval: 15,000-30,000 miles
- Spark plug replacement interval: 60,000-100,000 miles
- Check the transmission fluid level and color regularly.
- Inspect the brakes and tires every 5,000 miles.
- Common issues include transmission problems, electrical issues, and oil leaks.
- Regular maintenance can help prevent many common issues.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Upgrading the exhaust system can improve performance and give your Elantra a more aggressive exhaust note.
- Installing a cold air intake can increase horsepower and improve throttle response.
- Upgrading the suspension can improve handling and reduce body roll.
- Adding a performance chip can increase horsepower and improve fuel efficiency.
- Installing aftermarket wheels and tires can improve the Elantra's appearance and handling.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Floor mats and seat covers for protection and style.
- Performance brake pads and rotors for improved stopping power.
- LED lighting upgrades for improved visibility and style.
- Navigation systems and multimedia upgrades for entertainment and convenience.
- Roof racks and cargo carriers for increased storage capacity.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Owners of the 1996-2008 Hyundai Elantra appreciate its affordability, fuel efficiency, and reliability. Many also praise its spacious interior and comfortable ride. Some owners have reported issues with the transmission and electrical systems, but regular maintenance and prompt repairs can help prevent these issues and keep your Elantra running smoothly.
To buy and fix your Hyundai Elantra, simply click the green button to download the OEM service manual in PDF format from www.repairloader.com and pay securely with PayPal or credit card. After your payment is complete, you will receive an email with all the information you need to download your Hyundai Elantra service manual/parts list from www.repairloader.com. Your download link will also be available on the checkout page for your convenience.