To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
Keep your trail bike in top shape - Instantly download the authentic Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd DT230 manual in PDF format.
Production/model years: 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
Models/ type: DT230, DT230L / Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd
Engine: 224 cc, Liquid Cooled, 2 Stroke Reed Valve Straight Single, 66.8—64.0 mm, TM30x1 / MIKUNI / 4TP00, 06.05.01,
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get Your Downloadable Repair Manual for the 1998-2002 Yamaha DT230 and DT230L Now!"
Discover the ultimate resource for the 1998-2002 Yamaha DT230 and DT230L with our comprehensive repair manual. This guide will delve into engine and technical specifications, fascinating facts, maintenance intervals, general maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning tips, available accessories, aftermarket options, owner reviews, and much more. Empower yourself with the knowledge to keep your Yamaha trail bike in peak condition!
Engine and Technical Specifications:
- The 1998-2002 Yamaha DT230 and DT230L feature a 230cc, single-cylinder, 4-stroke engine.
- These trail bikes have a liquid-cooled cooling system for efficient heat management.
- The engine employs a 6-speed manual transmission for versatile riding.
- The DT230 and DT230L use a chain drive system for power transmission.
- The front suspension consists of a telescopic fork with adjustable preload.
- The rear suspension is a monoshock system with adjustable rebound and compression damping.
- Hydraulic disc brakes are present on both the front and rear wheels for excellent stopping power.
- The fuel tank has a capacity of 9.5 liters (2.5 gallons).
- The DT230 and DT230L have a dry weight of 118 kg (260 lbs).
- The seat height for these trail bikes is 910 mm (35.8 inches).
- They have a ground clearance of 320 mm (12.6 inches).
- The wheelbase measures 1410 mm (55.5 inches).
- The bikes feature 21-inch front wheels and 18-inch rear wheels.
- The front tire size is 80/100-21, while the rear tire size is 110/80-18.
- The maximum power output for these bikes is 30 hp.
- The torque output of the engine is 22.9 Nm (16.9 lb-ft) at 8,000 rpm.
- The compression ratio is 10.2:1.
- The bikes feature a capacitor discharge ignition (CDI) system.
- They have an electric starter system for easy and reliable starting.
- A 12V, 6Ah maintenance-free battery is included.
- The frame is constructed from a steel semi-double cradle design.
- The front suspension travel is 270 mm (10.6 inches), while the rear suspension travel is 280 mm (11 inches).
- The overall length of the bikes is 2185 mm (86 inches), with a width of 830 mm (32.7 inches) and a height of 1245 mm (49 inches).
- The Yamaha DT230 and DT230L feature a digital instrument panel.
- They come equipped with a halogen headlight and LED taillight for improved visibility.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The 1998-2002 Yamaha DT230 and DT230L were designed for both on-road and off-road use.
- The liquid-cooled engine provides consistent performance and durability.
- The adjustable front and rear suspensions allow for customization to suit various riding conditions.
- The digital instrument panel offers essential information at a glance.
- The bikes come with a versatile 6-speed transmission for enhanced control.
- The Yamaha DT230 and DT230L have a lightweight design, providing easy maneuverability.
Maintenance Intervals and General Maintenance Tips:
- Change the engine oil and filter every 3,000 km (1,864 miles) or every 6 months, whichever comes first.
- Inspect and clean the air filter every 3,000 km (1,864 miles) or every 3 months, and replace it as necessary.
- Check the brake fluid levels and condition every 6 months, and replace it every 2 years.
- Inspect and adjust the drive chain tension every 500 km (310 miles) or every month.
- Replace the spark plug every 10,000 km (6,214 miles) or every 12 months, whichever comes first.
- Clean and lubricate the suspension components every 5,000 km (3,107 miles) or every 6 months.
- Check and adjust the tire pressure regularly, preferably before each ride.
Common Issues and Their Solutions:
- Issue: Hard starting or poor idling - Solution: Clean the carburetor and ensure that the air filter is clean.
- Issue: Overheating - Solution: Check the engine coolant level, clean the radiator fins, and ensure proper airflow around the engine.
- Issue: Difficult shifting - Solution: Inspect the clutch components and adjust or replace as necessary.
- Issue: Poor braking performance - Solution: Inspect and replace the brake pads if necessary, and clean the brake discs if needed.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Upgrade the exhaust system to improve engine performance and sound.
- Install a high-flow air filter for better airflow and engine efficiency.
- Upgrade the suspension components for improved handling and stability.
- Add a larger fuel tank for increased range during off-road adventures.
- Install aftermarket skid plates to protect the underbody of the bike.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Luggage racks and bags for increased storage capacity.
- Windshields and handguards for added rider protection.
- Heated grips and seat covers for enhanced comfort.
- Performance tires for improved traction and handling.
- LED light bars for increased visibility during nighttime rides.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
- Strengths: Owners appreciate the 1998-2002 Yamaha DT230 and DT230L's versatility, reliability, and comfortable ride. The lightweight design and 6-speed manual transmission are also praised.
- Weaknesses: Some owners have reported issues with hard starting and carburetor problems, but these can usually be resolved with proper maintenance and cleaning.
Click the green icon to promptly secure your Yamaha DIY PDF manual purchase at www.repairloader.com, smoothly processed with PayPal or credit card. Upon completion of your payment, the original Yamaha service manual and parts catalog download link will appear on the payment confirmation page. In addition, we will swiftly send you all required download information via email, ensuring immediate access to your purchase after secure payment.