Looking to repair or overhaul your mid-size car? Consider downloading the original Honda Motor Company Accord repair and workshop manual in PDF format for instant access.
Specs and manual details:
Production year(s): 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001, 2002
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Accord / Honda Motor Company
1998-2002 Honda Accord DX
1998-2002 Honda Accord LX
1998-2002 Honda Accord EX
1998-2002 Honda Accord EX V6
Manual Language: English
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
"Unleash the Power of Knowledge: Download Your 1998-2002 Honda Accord Repair Manual Today!"
Empower yourself with the ultimate resource for maintaining and repairing your 1998-2002 Honda Accord. Discover the comprehensive information and expert guidance you need, all in one convenient PDF download. Say goodbye to frustrating searches and costly mechanic visits, and hello to the confidence of DIY car maintenance and repair.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The 1998-2002 Honda Accord is powered by a 2.3L inline 4-cylinder engine, delivering 150 horsepower.
• The Accord's engine features an aluminum alloy cylinder head and block for reduced weight and improved performance.
• The vehicle's engine employs a 16-valve DOHC design for increased efficiency and power.
• This generation of Honda Accord has a compression ratio of 9.3:1 for optimal performance and fuel efficiency.
• The engine in the 1998-2002 Accord uses Honda's VTEC technology, providing enhanced fuel economy and power output.
• The standard transmission for these models is a 5-speed manual, with an optional 4-speed automatic available.
• This generation of Honda Accord has a front-wheel-drive drivetrain for improved traction and handling.
• The Accord's fuel tank capacity is 17.1 gallons, offering extended driving range between fill-ups.
• These models feature power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering for precise control and handling.
• The 1998-2002 Honda Accord has a 4-wheel independent suspension system for a smooth and comfortable ride.
Interesting Facts and Details:
- The 1998-2002 Honda Accord is the sixth generation of this popular midsize sedan.
- In 1998, the Honda Accord was completely redesigned, offering a sleeker and more aerodynamic look.
- This generation introduced the first V6 engine option for the Honda Accord, with a 3.0L V6 producing 200 horsepower.
- The 1998-2002 Accord features a spacious interior, with comfortable seating for up to five passengers.
- These models have a split-folding rear seat, providing increased cargo capacity and versatility.
- The Honda Accord was a best-seller in the United States during this generation, surpassing the Toyota Camry in sales.
- In 2000, the Honda Accord received a minor facelift, with updated headlights and taillights, and a revised grille design.
- The 1998-2002 Honda Accord was available in both sedan and coupe body styles.
- This generation of Accord was also produced as a station wagon variant, although it was primarily sold in European markets.
- The 1998-2002 Honda Accord earned top safety ratings from the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA).
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues and Their Solutions:
- It is recommended to change the engine oil and filter every 5,000 miles or 6 months, whichever comes first.
- Replace the air filter every 30,000 miles or 36 months to maintain optimal engine performance and fuel efficiency.
- Check and replace the brake pads and rotors as needed, typically every 40,000 to 60,000 miles, depending on driving conditions and habits.
- The timing belt should be replaced every 90,000 miles or 72 months to prevent potential engine damage.
- Common issues for the 1998-2002 Honda Accord include transmission failure, ignition switch problems, and premature brake wear. Regular maintenance and timely repairs can help mitigate these issues.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
- Upgrade to a cold air intake system for improved
- Install a performance exhaust system to enhance engine power and efficiency.
- Consider using performance brake pads and rotors for better braking performance.
- Upgrade the suspension with performance-oriented components for improved handling and cornering abilities.
- Consider using a performance ECU tune to optimize engine output and fuel efficiency.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Install an aftermarket audio system for enhanced sound quality and entertainment features.
- Add a roof rack for increased cargo capacity and versatility.
- Install window deflectors to improve ventilation and reduce wind noise.
- Enhance the vehicle's appearance with aftermarket wheels and tires.
- Use custom-fit floor mats and seat covers to protect the interior and maintain its appearance.
- The 1998-2002 Honda Accord is known for its reliability and longevity.
- Many owners appreciate the vehicle's fuel efficiency and low operating costs.
- The Accord offers a comfortable and spacious interior, making it a popular choice for families.
- Honda's reputation for quality and dependability makes the Accord a desirable pre-owned vehicle.
- Some owners have experienced transmission issues, particularly with the automatic transmission.
- The vehicle may not offer as much power and performance as some competitors in its class.
- Some owners have reported premature wear on brake components.
Purchase your OEM Honda Accord PDF manual today by clicking the 'Buy Now' button, and complete your transaction securely using PayPal or a credit card at www.repairloader.com. Once your payment is successfully processed, your genuine Honda service manual and parts catalog download link will be visible on the checkout page. Additionally, we will send you an email containing all the necessary download information immediately after the secure payment is confirmed.
Price: 18.99 USD