To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is applicable to the following models: Aurora / Oldsmobile (General Motors)
Oldsmobile Aurora 3.5 V6
Oldsmobile Aurora 4.0 V8
Model or production year(s): 2001, 2002, 2003
Printable: Yes (all printers)
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"New Manual Luxury Sedan Gets Innovative Fixes for an Enhanced Driving Experience"
Introducing the latest innovation in the world of luxury sedans, the new manual luxury sedan that offers a thrilling driving experience like no other. Packed with cutting-edge technology and a host of fixes to ensure optimal performance, this vehicle is set to redefine the standards of luxury on the road. Discover the seamless blend of sophistication, power, and control as you embark on a journey with the manual luxury sedan that promises an unforgettable driving experience.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The 2001-2003 Oldsmobile Aurora is equipped with a 3.5-liter V6 engine.
• It generates a power output of 215 horsepower at 5600 rpm.
• The torque produced by the engine reaches up to 230 lb-ft at 4400 rpm.
• This luxury sedan features a front-wheel-drive system.
• The transmission options include a 4-speed automatic transmission with overdrive.
• The fuel system utilizes sequential fuel injection technology.
• It has a compression ratio of 9.6:1.
• The Aurora has a curb weight ranging from approximately 3,696 lbs to 3,852 lbs.
• The vehicle is equipped with four-wheel independent suspension for enhanced stability and comfort.
• It features ventilated disc brakes on all four wheels for superior stopping power.
• The turning circle diameter is approximately 38.7 feet.
• The fuel tank capacity of the Aurora is around 18.5 gallons.
• It offers a combined fuel economy of approximately 20 miles per gallon.
• The sedan has a maximum towing capacity of 1,000 lbs.
• It features a MacPherson strut front suspension and a multi-link rear suspension.
• The front and rear stabilizer bars contribute to improved handling.
• The Oldsmobile Aurora has a wheelbase of 112.2 inches.
• The overall length of the sedan measures approximately 199.3 inches.
• It has a width of around 72.6 inches and a height of approximately 56.7 inches.
• The ground clearance of the Aurora is approximately 5.5 inches.
Facts and Details:
- The Aurora was introduced as a flagship luxury sedan by Oldsmobile in 1995.
- It featured a distinctive design with angular styling and sleek lines.
- The 2001-2003 models received updates to the exterior design, including a revised front grille and headlights.
- The Aurora was known for its spacious and comfortable interior, offering ample legroom and headroom for both front and rear passengers.
- It boasted a range of luxurious features, such as leather upholstery, power-adjustable seats, and a premium sound system.
- The sedan incorporated advanced safety features, including dual front airbags, anti-lock brakes, and traction control.
- The Aurora was praised for its smooth and refined ride, providing a comfortable driving experience on various road surfaces.
- It received positive reviews for its powerful engine performance and responsive handling.
- The Aurora was awarded the prestigious "Best New Full-Size Car" by the Automobile Journalists Association of Canada in 1995.
- Despite its positive reception, declining sales and the discontinuation of the Oldsmobile brand led to the production end of the Aurora after the 2003 model year.
- The Aurora remains a popular choice among car enthusiasts and collectors, thanks to its unique design and luxurious features.
Maintenance Intervals and Common Issues:
* Oil changes should be performed every 3,000 to 5,000 miles, depending on driving conditions and oil type.
* Regular maintenance intervals for items like filters, spark plugs, and coolant should follow the manufacturer's recommendations outlined in the owner's manual.
* Common issues in the 2001-2003 Aurora may include electrical problems, such as malfunctioning power windows or door locks. These can often be resolved by checking and replacing faulty fuses or relays.
* Some owners have reported issues with the intake manifold gasket, which may cause coolant leaks. Replacing the gasket is the recommended solution.
* Over time, the suspension components may wear out, leading to a less comfortable ride. Regular inspection and replacement of worn-out parts can help maintain optimal performance.
* It is essential to address any check engine lights promptly. Diagnosing the specific issue with a diagnostic tool is recommended to identify the problem accurately.
* Routine inspections of brake pads and rotors are necessary to ensure optimal braking performance and to address any potential issues early on.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
+ Upgrading to performance brake pads and rotors can enhance the stopping power of the Aurora.
+ Installing a cold air intake system can improve engine performance by allowing cooler and denser air into the engine.
+ Upgrading the suspension with high-quality aftermarket components can enhance handling and ride comfort.
+ Performance exhaust systems can enhance the exhaust note and improve overall engine performance.
+ Tuning the engine control unit (ECU) can optimize the engine's performance by adjusting fuel and ignition timing.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Floor mats and cargo liners designed specifically for the Aurora.
Custom-fit car covers to protect the vehicle's exterior.
Upgraded audio systems and speakers for enhanced sound quality.
LED lighting kits for improved visibility and a modern look.
Performance air filters and intake systems.
Upgraded wheels and tires for a personalized touch.
Interior accessories such as seat covers, steering wheel covers, and dash kits.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Comfortable and spacious interior.
Smooth and refined ride quality.
Powerful engine performance.
Luxurious features and amenities.
Unique and eye-catching design.
Reliability concerns with certain electrical components.
Limited availability of spare parts due to the discontinuation of the brand.
Lower fuel efficiency compared to some competitors.
Most Frequently Needed Repairs:
■ Replacement of worn-out suspension components (struts, control arms, bushings).
■ Fixing electrical issues related to power windows, door locks, or instrument cluster.
■ Addressing coolant leaks caused by a faulty intake manifold gasket.
■ Repairing or replacing malfunctioning sensors (oxygen sensors, throttle position sensors, etc.).
■ Resolving issues with the fuel system, including fuel pump or fuel injector problems.
Initiate the download of your comprehensive shop handbook for Oldsmobile troubleshooting by clicking on the PayPal button available at the RepairLoader marketplace to purchase the convenient PDF format. Upon completion of your PayPal payment, you will receive immediate access to the official Oldsmobile OEM shop manual/parts list download link. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information to ensure a smooth process.