To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual is valid for the following models: 130, 160, 165, 175, 180, 185, Late 100 Lawn Series / John Deere, built in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA.
John Deere 130 Lawn Tractor
John Deere 160 Lawn Tractor
John Deere 165 Lawn Tractor
John Deere 175 Lawn Tractor
John Deere 180 Lawn Tractor
John Deere 185 Lawn Tractor
Engine 130 specs: Kawasaki FC290V, gasoline, single-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, 286 cc, 17.5 ci, 3.07x2.36 inches, 78 mm x 60 mm, 9 hp, 6.7 kW.
Engine 160 specs: Kawasaki FB460V, ... see above, 460 cc, 28.1 ci, 3.50x2.91 inches, 89 x 74 mm, 12.5 hp, 9.3 kW.
Engine 165 specs: see above.
Engine 175 specs: Kawasaki FC420V, ...see above, 422 cc, 25.8 ci, 3.50x2.68 inches, 89 x 68 mm, 14 hp, 10.4 kW.
Engine 180 specs: Kawasaki FC540V, see above, 534 cc, 32.64 ci, 3.50x3.38 inches, 89 mm x 86 mm, 17 hp, 12.7 kW.
Engine 185 specs: see above.
John Deere 130: Serial numbers range from 100000 to 150000.
John Deere 160: Serial numbers range from 010001 to 095000.
John Deere 165: Serial numbers range from 010001 to 090000.
John Deere 175: Serial numbers range from 010001 to 085000.
John Deere 180: Serial numbers range from 010001 to 090000.
John Deere 185: Serial numbers range from 010001 to 055000
Chassis: 4x2 2WD
Production year(s): 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989, 1990.
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Keep Your John Deere Lawn Tractor Running Smoothly with the Complete Manual and Repair Tips - Download Now from RepairLoader.com"
If you own a John Deere lawn tractor, you know how important it is to keep it running. To help you maintain your tractor and address any issues that may arise, RepairLoader.com offers the complete manual for the John Deere 130, 160, 165, 175, 180, and 185 lawn tractors. With this manual, you can handle all the servicing and repair needs of your lawn tractor.
Here are 15 tech specs about the John Deere 130, 160, 165, 175, 180, and 185 lawn tractors:
• The John Deere lawn tractors are powered by Kohler, Kawasaki, or Briggs & Stratton engines.
• The engine sizes range from 9 to 18 horsepower.
• The tractors come with a 38-inch, 42-inch, or 48-inch mower deck.
• They have a hydrostatic transmission with two pedals.
• The tractors can reach a maximum forward speed of 5.5 mph.
• The fuel tank can hold up to 2.5 gallons of gasoline.
• The tractors have a turning radius of 18 inches.
• The ignition system is electronic and features a spark plug and ignition coil.
• The battery is a 12-volt unit that may experience issues due to age or lack of maintenance.
• The tractors have a fuel pump that may need to be replaced if it fails.
• The electrical system includes a regulator/rectifier and a solenoid for the starter.
• The tires are tubeless and may require servicing to maintain proper inflation.
• The tractors come equipped with headlights for nighttime operation.
• The steering is manual and features a 15-inch diameter steering wheel.
• The tractors have a seat that can be adjusted for height and fore/aft position.
If you're interested in obtaining an original John Deere handbook, you can easily download it from RepairLoader. Once you complete your payment, you'll receive a download link on the checkout page, and we'll also send you an email with all the necessary download information to ensure a seamless and secure transaction.
The John Deere 130, 160, 165, 175, 180, and 185 lawn tractor models are renowned for their exceptional durability and dependability. They are equipped with a variety of features designed to enhance performance and ensure that they can handle even the toughest jobs. Some notable features of these models include:
- Powerful engines: These models are equipped with Kohler or Kawasaki engines that deliver impressive power and performance.
- Efficient cutting systems: The cutting decks on these models are designed to provide an even, precise cut every time. They are also easy to adjust, allowing you to tailor your cutting height to your specific needs.
- Comfortable seating: These models are equipped with comfortable seats that are designed to reduce fatigue and provide a smooth ride.
- Easy maintenance: These models are designed with easy maintenance in mind, with accessible components and simple service procedures that make it easy to keep your lawn tractor running smoothly.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
* Regular oil and filter changes are typically recommended every 50 hours of operation or once per season.
* Air filter maintenance, including cleaning or replacement, should be performed every 100 hours or as needed.
* Check and adjust tire pressure regularly to ensure proper traction and even cutting.
* Lubricate the tractor's fittings every 25 hours or as indicated in the owner's manual.
* Inspect and sharpen the mower blades as needed to maintain a clean and precise cut.
* Keep the tractor clean by removing grass clippings and debris after each use.
* Check the battery regularly for proper charge and clean any corrosion on the terminals.
* Follow the recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the owner's manual.
General Maintenance Tips:
+ Read and follow the operator's manual for specific maintenance instructions and procedures.
+ Keep the mower deck clean and free from debris to ensure optimal cutting performance.
+ Check and clean the fuel system regularly to prevent clogs and ensure proper fuel flow.
+ Maintain the correct tire pressure for optimal traction and a smooth ride.
+ Inspect and replace worn or damaged belts to maintain efficient power transfer.
+ Regularly inspect and clean the cooling fins and engine air intake to prevent overheating.
+ Store the lawn tractor in a dry and protected area when not in use.
Common Issues and Solutions:
■ Engine Starting Issues: Check the battery for proper charge and connections. Clean or replace spark plugs if necessary. Ensure the fuel system is clean and free from debris.
■ Uneven Cutting: Inspect the mower blades for damage or dullness and sharpen or replace them as needed. Check the mower deck for debris or obstructions.
■ Belt Slippage: Inspect the drive belts for wear and proper tension. Replace worn or damaged belts and adjust tension according to the manufacturer's specifications.
■ Transmission Problems: Check and maintain proper fluid levels. If experiencing issues with shifting or loss of power, consult a professional for diagnosis and repair.
■ Electrical System Malfunctions: Check wiring connections and fuses for any loose or damaged components. Ensure the battery is in good condition and fully charged. If issues persist, consult an authorized dealer or technician for further troubleshooting.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
1. Installing a mulching kit to finely chop grass clippings for enhanced lawn fertilization.
2. Upgrading the mower blades to high-performance or mulching blades for improved cutting efficiency.
3. Adding aftermarket headlights or additional lighting for improved visibility in low-light conditions.
4. Installing a seat suspension kit or padded seat cover for increased comfort during long mowing sessions.
5. Upgrading the tires to a more aggressive tread pattern for improved traction on various terrains.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
- Bagging systems for collecting grass clippings.
- Snow blower attachments for winter maintenance.
- Lawn aerators for improving soil health.
- Rear-mounted sprayers for applying fertilizers or pesticides.
- Front-mounted brushes for sweeping debris or leaves.
- Lawn roller attachments for achieving a smooth, level lawn surface.
- Sunshades and protective covers for the operator's comfort and equipment protection.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Durability and long-lasting construction.
Ease of operation and maneuverability.
Efficient cutting and reliable performance.
Good overall value for the price.
Availability of attachments and accessories for added versatility.
Limited seating comfort for longer mowing sessions.
Occasionally reported issues with belts slipping or needing frequent adjustments.
Some owners mentioned challenges in finding replacement parts for older models.
Repairs That Need to Be Carried Out Most Frequently:
• Regular oil and filter changes.
• Air filter cleaning or replacement.
• Spark plug replacement.
• Belt replacements and adjustments.
• Tire replacements due to wear or punctures.
• Battery replacements or charging system repairs as needed.
• Regular maintenance of the mower blades and deck, including sharpening and cleaning.
Overall, the John Deere 130, 160, 165, 175, 180, and 185 lawn tractor models are reliable, versatile, and well-suited for residential use.
If you experience any issues with your lawn tractor, the manual provides comprehensive information on troubleshooting, servicing, and repairing your tractor. The manual includes a parts list and schematics to help you identify and order replacement parts. It also includes detailed information on engine maintenance, fuel system servicing, and electrical system troubleshooting.
To download the John Deere 130, 160, 165, 175, 180, and 185 lawn tractor manual instantly, simply click the green button on RepairLoader.com. The manual is available in PDF format for easy access and printing.
You can purchase the manual using PayPal or a credit card, and we will email you with all download information one minute after payment. Please note that our email may end up in your spam folder, so always check your spam folder before contacting support.
The John Deere 130, 160, 165, 175, 180, and 185 lawn tractors are reliable machines for maintaining your lawn. With the manual and repair tips from RepairLoader.com, you can ensure that your lawn tractor remains in top condition for years to come. So, if you want to keep your lawn tractor running smoothly, buy the manual and start servicing your tractor!