To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is applicable to the following models: 3000GT / Mitsubishi Motors Corporation
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
1992 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base
1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
1993 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
1994 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
1995 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT Base
1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT SL
1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT VR-4
Model or production year(s): 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996
Instant delivery: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Comprehensive Workshop Manual for Mitsubishi 3000GT: Unlock the Power of Technical Expertise!"
Are you a proud owner of a Mitsubishi 3000GT and eager to delve into the nitty-gritty of its engineering marvel? Look no further! We present to you the ultimate solution to all your technical queries and concerns – the Workshop Manual for the Mitsubishi 3000GT. This comprehensive manual provides a wealth of information on engine specifications, maintenance tips, common issues, tuning modifications, available accessories, and much more. Whether you're a DIY enthusiast or a seasoned mechanic, this workshop manual is your gateway to unlocking the power of expertise and ensuring your 3000GT stays in top-notch condition. Read on to explore the wonders that await you!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Mitsubishi 3000GT is equipped with a 3.0-liter V6 engine.
• The engine features dual overhead camshafts (DOHC) with 24 valves.
• It boasts a sequential multi-port fuel injection system for optimal performance.
• The engine produces a horsepower range of 222 to 320, depending on the specific variant.
• Torque output ranges from 205 lb-ft to 315 lb-ft, again depending on the model.
• The 3000GT offers both front-wheel drive and all-wheel drive configurations.
• It comes with a five-speed manual transmission as standard, with an optional four-speed automatic transmission available.
• The engine utilizes an intercooled turbocharger system on certain turbocharged models.
• Fuel efficiency varies between 16-19 miles per gallon in the city and 22-24 miles per gallon on the highway.
• The Mitsubishi 3000GT accelerates from 0 to 60 mph in around 5-6 seconds.
• Top speed can reach up to 155 mph, depending on the model and specifications.
• It features a fully independent suspension system for enhanced handling and ride comfort.
• Four-wheel anti-lock disc brakes ensure reliable stopping power.
• The 3000GT is equipped with power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering for precise control.
• It has a curb weight ranging from 3,483 to 3,878 pounds, depending on the trim level.
• The turning radius of the 3000GT is approximately 39 feet.
• It offers seating for four occupants, with supportive and comfortable front sport seats.
• The trunk space provides 11.9 cubic feet of storage capacity.
• The 3000GT features a sleek and aerodynamic exterior design, with pop-up headlights and a distinctive rear spoiler.
• It offers a range of advanced features, such as power windows, air conditioning, and a premium sound system.
Facts and Details:
- The 3000GT was introduced in 1990 as a high-performance sports car to showcase Mitsubishi's technological prowess.
- It was marketed under different names worldwide, such as GTO in Japan and 3000GTO in some European markets.
- The 3000GT was available in various trim levels, including base, SL, VR-4, and limited editions like the Spyder and VR-4 Spyder.
- The VR-4 variant was the top-of-the-line model, featuring all-wheel drive and twin-turbocharged power.
- The VR-4 Spyder was a rare convertible version of the 3000GT, with only a limited number produced.
- The 3000GT was praised for its advanced technology, including active aerodynamics, electronically controlled suspension, and all-wheel steering.
- One notable feature of the 3000GT was its Active Aero system, which automatically adjusted the front and rear spoilers for improved stability and aerodynamics.
- The 3000GT received accolades for its performance, handling, and aggressive styling, which set it apart from its competitors.
- However, the advanced technology and complexity of the 3000GT also contributed to higher maintenance costs and potential reliability issues.
- Regular maintenance intervals for the 3000GT include oil changes every 3,000 to 5,000 miles and timing belt replacement every 60,000 miles.
- General maintenance tips for the 3000GT include regular inspection of belts, hoses, and fluids, as well as proper tire inflation and alignment.
- Common issues with the 3000GT include oil leaks from the camshaft seals, failing power steering pumps, and electrical problems with the electronic components.
- To address oil leaks, replacing the camshaft seals and ensuring proper installation can help prevent further leakage.
- Power steering pump issues can be resolved by replacing the faulty pump and regularly flushing the power steering fluid.
- Electrical problems may require careful inspection of wiring connections, fuses, and relays, along with potential repairs or replacements as needed.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
► Upgrading the exhaust system with high-flow headers and a performance cat-back exhaust can enhance engine efficiency and produce a deeper, sportier exhaust note.
► Installing a cold air intake system can improve airflow to the engine, increasing horsepower and throttle response.
► Upgrading to a larger intercooler and intercooler piping can lower intake temperatures, reducing the risk of heat-related performance loss.
► Upgrading the suspension with aftermarket coilovers or adjustable shocks can enhance handling and allow for fine-tuning of the ride height and stiffness.
► Installing a performance chip or standalone engine management system can optimize fuel and ignition mapping for increased power and improved drivability.
► Upgrading to larger aftermarket wheels and high-performance tires can improve grip and enhance the aggressive look of the 3000GT.
► Adding a front strut tower brace and rear sway bar can improve chassis rigidity and reduce body roll during cornering.
► Upgrading the braking system with slotted or drilled rotors and high-performance brake pads can provide better stopping power and fade resistance.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
* Performance air filters and intake kits
* High-performance brake kits
* Upgraded suspension components (coilovers, sway bars, strut tower braces)
* Body kits and aerodynamic enhancements
* Performance exhaust systems and mufflers
* Aftermarket wheels and tires
* Interior upgrades (racing seats, custom upholstery, carbon fiber trim)
* Audio and multimedia systems
* Performance chips and engine management systems
* Turbocharger upgrades and boost controllers
* Short-throw shifters and upgraded clutch kits
* Gauges and instrumentation for monitoring engine parameters
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Powerful and exhilarating performance, especially in turbocharged variants
☺ Futuristic and aggressive styling that still turns heads today
☺ Well-designed interior with supportive seats and advanced features
☺ All-wheel drive system provides excellent traction and stability
☺ Active aerodynamics and advanced suspension contribute to superior handling
☻ Higher maintenance costs due to complex technology and specialized parts
☻ Limited rear-seat space and overall practicality
☻ Reliability issues can arise with age, requiring careful maintenance and attention
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently:
→ Camshaft seal replacement to address oil leaks.
→ Power steering pump replacement or repair to resolve power steering issues.
→ Electrical system troubleshooting and repairs for intermittent or faulty connections.
→ Timing belt replacement as per the manufacturer's recommended maintenance interval.
→ Suspension component replacements, such as control arms and bushings, to maintain optimal handling.
→ Cooling system maintenance, including radiator flushes and thermostat replacements, to prevent overheating.
→ Brake system repairs, including rotor and pad replacements, to ensure reliable stopping power.
→ Transmission fluid changes and clutch replacements to maintain smooth shifting and drivability.
→ Fuel system maintenance, including injector cleaning and fuel filter replacements, to optimize fuel delivery.
→ HVAC system inspections and repairs to address issues with heating, ventilation, and air conditioning.
→ Exhaust system repairs, including muffler and catalytic converter replacements, to maintain proper emissions and performance.
→ Regular inspections and replacements of worn-out suspension and steering components, such as ball joints and tie rod ends.
Experience top-notch service with the downloadable Mitsubishi 3000GT PDF shop manual - Click the button to unlock a world of expertise. Upon completing your payment, the official Mitsubishi OEM shop manual/parts catalog for the 1992-1996 Mitsubishi 3000GT will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.