To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are included in this manual: 310G, 310SG, 315SG / John Deere
John Deere 310G Backhoe Loader: Years: 2001 - 2007
Variants: Standard model with various optional configurations.
John Deere 310SG Backhoe Loader: Years: 2002 - 2012
Variants: Standard model with optional Extendible Dipper and Four-Wheel Drive.
John Deere 315SG Backhoe Loader: Years: 2002 - 2007
Variants: Standard model with optional Extendible Dipper and Four-Wheel Drive.
John Deere 310G: 735229 and above
John Deere 310SG: 735730 and above
John Deere 315SG: 736161 and above
Engine details 310G: 4045D, diesel, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 276 ci, 4.5 L, 73 hp, 54.4 kW, 216 lb-ft, 292.9 Nm
Engine details 310G: 4045T, turbocharged diesel, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 276 ci, 4.5 L, 78 hp, 58.2 kW, 250 lb-ft, 339.0 Nm
Engine details 310SG: 4045T, turbocharged diesel, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 276 ci, 91 hp, 67.9 kW, 276 lb-ft, 374.3 Nm
Engine details 315SG: 4045T, see above, ... 4.19x5.00 inches, 106 x 127 mm, 92.5 hp, 69.0 kW,
Production year(s): 2001, 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
238 Pages in .PDF format
Publication Number: OMT191038
The manual is divided in two parts: repair and operation and tests.
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download Original Backhoe Loader Operators Manual for John Deere 310G, 310SG, 315SG"
If you own a John Deere 310G, 310SG, or 315SG backhoe loader, having an original parts list manual is essential for smooth operations and maintenance. This comprehensive manual provides a detailed breakdown of all the components, enabling you to identify, order, and replace parts with ease. By downloading the original parts list manual, you can ensure your backhoe loader remains in excellent condition and maximizes its performance throughout its lifespan.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The John Deere 310G, 310SG, and 315SG backhoe loaders are equipped with a turbocharged 4.5-liter, 4-cylinder, liquid-cooled diesel engine.
• These models boast a net horsepower of approximately 84 at 2200 rpm.
• The engines feature a direct injection fuel system, ensuring efficient and reliable power delivery.
• The backhoe loaders have a displacement of 276 cubic inches (4.5 liters).
• The cooling system capacity is around 17 quarts (16.1 liters) for efficient temperature regulation.
• The oil system has a capacity of approximately 10.5 quarts (9.9 liters) with a replaceable oil filter.
• Fuel tank capacity is 42 gallons (159 liters), reducing the frequency of refueling.
• These models are equipped with a dual-element air cleaner for improved engine protection.
• The backhoe loaders have a maximum torque of approximately 293 lb-ft (397 Nm) at 1400 rpm.
• Engine displacement combined with turbocharging results in excellent fuel efficiency.
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere 310G, 310SG, and 315SG backhoe loaders offer outstanding digging depths, reaching up to 18 feet (5.49 meters) in some configurations.
- These models come with a spacious and comfortable operator station for reduced fatigue during long hours of operation.
- The backhoe loaders feature four-wheel drive for enhanced traction and stability on various terrains.
- They come with a heavy-duty, durable construction to withstand tough worksite conditions.
- The backhoe loaders offer multiple attachment options, such as buckets, augers, and hammers, to increase versatility.
- John Deere's Load-Sensing Hydraulics ensure efficient power distribution and precise control over hydraulic functions.
- The backhoe loaders have an Extendible Dipper option for increased digging depth and reach.
- Operator controls are designed ergonomically for intuitive operation and reduced strain.
- These models are equipped with a side-shift feature for convenient positioning during digging operations.
- The backhoe loaders have excellent visibility from the cab, enhancing safety and maneuverability.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
► Maintenance Intervals: It is recommended to follow the maintenance schedule outlined in the owner's manual, which typically includes regular engine oil and filter changes, hydraulic system checks, and inspections of the fuel system, air filter, and cooling system at specified intervals.
► General Maintenance Tips: Keep the backhoe loader clean to prevent debris from entering critical components. Regularly inspect hydraulic hoses and connections for leaks or damage. Grease all fittings as per the maintenance schedule to ensure smooth operation.
► Common Issues and Solutions: Common issues may include hydraulic leaks, electrical problems, and engine performance issues. For hydraulic leaks, inspect hoses and connections and replace any damaged components. For electrical issues, check fuses and connections. Engine performance issues might be due to clogged fuel filters or air filters, which should be replaced promptly.
Five Tips for Effective Maintenance:
1. Keep a detailed maintenance log, tracking all service activities and ensuring timely check-ups.
2. Regularly inspect and clean the air filter to prevent dirt and debris from entering the engine.
3. Monitor hydraulic fluid levels frequently and promptly address any leaks to avoid damage.
4. Grease all fittings and pivot points regularly to reduce friction and extend component life.
5. Store the backhoe loader in a sheltered area when not in use to protect it from the elements.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
While it's essential to follow manufacturer guidelines to maintain warranty and safety, some popular modifications among enthusiasts include:
■ Upgrading to heavy-duty tires for increased traction and durability.
■ Installing additional LED work lights for enhanced visibility during nighttime operations.
■ Adding a hydraulic thumb attachment for improved grasping capabilities.
Accessories and Attachments:
A wide range of accessories and attachments are compatible with the John Deere 310G, 310SG, and 315SG backhoe loaders, including:
+ Various bucket sizes and configurations for different digging and material handling tasks.
+ Augers for drilling holes in various diameters.
+ Hydraulic hammers for breaking concrete and rocks.
+ Grapples for handling irregularly shaped objects.
+ Hydraulic thumbs for efficient material handling.
+ Rippers for breaking up hard ground.
+ Snowplows for snow removal.
+ Pallet forks for moving palletized loads.
+ Quick couplers for rapid attachment changes.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
The John Deere 310G, 310SG, and 315SG backhoe loaders have received positive feedback from owners. Users appreciate their robust construction, powerful performance, and versatility with a wide array of attachments. The comfortable operator station and intuitive controls receive praise for reducing operator fatigue during extended use. However, some users have noted that maintenance can be time-consuming, especially when dealing with hydraulic system checks and changing filters.
The John Deere 310G, 310SG, and 315SG backhoe loaders are reliable workhorses suitable for a wide range of construction and excavation tasks. With their powerful engines, efficient hydraulics, and comfortable operator stations, they deliver excellent performance and versatility. Regular maintenance, adherence to the maintenance schedule, and careful operation can ensure these backhoe loaders remain in top-notch condition for years to come. Whether digging trenches, loading materials, or handling attachments, the John Deere backhoe loaders prove to be valuable assets on any job site.
Repairs and Frequently Broken Parts:
→ Hydraulic system repairs are common due to the heavy-duty nature of backhoe loader operations.
→ Engine maintenance, including oil changes and filter replacements, is vital to keep the machine running smoothly.
→ Electrical issues may arise, particularly with wiring and connectors, requiring troubleshooting and repairs.
→ Brake system maintenance and occasional replacement of brake pads or discs are essential for safety.
→ Steering components may require attention, especially in machines used in rough terrains.
→ Regular inspection and maintenance of tires are necessary to avoid unexpected failures.
→ Worn-out or damaged hydraulic hoses may need to be replaced to prevent leaks and maintain hydraulic efficiency.
→ Pins, bushings, and pivot points are prone to wear and tear and should be inspected and replaced as needed.
→ Transmission and drivetrain maintenance is crucial for smooth operation and power delivery.
→ The cooling system should be monitored, and any leaks or radiator issues should be addressed promptly.
→ Starter and alternator issues may arise, requiring replacements or repairs.
→ Bucket teeth and cutting edges are common wear items that may need frequent replacement.
→ Seals and gaskets may experience wear and tear over time, leading to fluid leaks.
→ Hydraulic cylinder repairs and seal replacements may be necessary for proper functionality.
→ The operator's cabin may require maintenance to ensure a comfortable and safe working environment.
Get the detailed shop handbook and maintenance guidelines for John Deere in a convenient PDF manual by clicking on the green button.
After the payment, your download link for the original John Deere operator's manual and parts list will be available on the checkout page, and we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.