To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The manual covers the following models: LS160, LS170 / New Holland Agriculture
New Holland LS160 Skid Steer Loader
New Holland LS170 Skid Steer Loader
Engine specs (LS160): N844, 119.4 cu in, 4 cylinders, 44 hp (33 kw), 2900 rpm.
Engine specs (LS170): N844T, 121.8cu in, 4 cylinders, 52hp/50hp, turbocharged, 2900rpm.
Manual Language: English
Access the Comprehensive New Holland Skid Steer Loader Service Shop Repair Manual in PDF Format"
If you own a New Holland LS160 or LS170 Skid Steer Loader, you understand the importance of regular maintenance and prompt repairs to keep your machine running smoothly. In this article, we provide you with a detailed New Holland OEM shop manual and parts list in PDF format. From engine specifications to maintenance tips, common issues and solutions, tuning options, available accessories, and owner reviews, this comprehensive guide has everything you need to ensure the optimal performance of your New Holland Skid Steer Loader.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The New Holland LS160 Skid Steer Loader is powered by a four-cylinder diesel engine with a displacement of 2.2 liters.
• The LS170 Skid Steer Loader is equipped with a four-cylinder diesel engine with a displacement of 2.9 liters.
• Both models feature liquid cooling for efficient heat dissipation and prolonged engine life.
• The LS160 has a rated operating capacity of 1,600 pounds, while the LS170 has a rated operating capacity of 1,700 pounds.
• The LS160 and LS170 have a maximum lift height of approximately 118 inches and a dump height of approximately 91 inches.
• The LS160 has a net horsepower rating of 42 hp, and the LS170 has a net horsepower rating of 52 hp.
• Both models feature a hydrostatic transmission with two-speed options for precise control and maneuverability.
• The LS160 and LS170 have a fuel tank capacity of approximately 14 gallons, allowing for extended operation without frequent refueling.
• The machines are equipped with standard auxiliary hydraulics for powering various attachments.
• The LS160 and LS170 feature a robust chassis and a compact design, allowing for easy navigation in tight spaces.
• The operating weight of the LS160 ranges from approximately 5,375 to 5,705 pounds, depending on the configuration.
• The LS170 has an operating weight ranging from approximately 5,900 to 6,340 pounds, depending on the configuration.
• Both models offer a comfortable operator station with intuitive controls and ergonomic seating for enhanced productivity.
Facts and Details:
- The LS160 and LS170 Skid Steer Loaders are designed for versatility and productivity in a variety of applications, from construction to landscaping and agriculture.
- New Holland is renowned for its reliable and durable equipment, and the LS160 and LS170 are no exception.
- These machines offer excellent stability and traction, thanks to their low center of gravity and high-traction tires.
- The LS160 and LS170 feature quick-attach mounting systems, allowing for easy and efficient attachment changes.
- The Skid Steer Loaders offer a spacious and well-organized operator station, providing excellent visibility and comfort during operation.
- The machines are designed for easy maintenance, with convenient access points for regular service and inspections.
- The LS160 and LS170 offer smooth and precise control, allowing operators to maneuver in tight spaces with ease.
- The Skid Steer Loaders come with a range of available attachments, including buckets, forks, grapples, and more, to suit various tasks.
- Owners appreciate the fuel efficiency of the LS160 and LS170, which helps reduce operating costs.
- The LS160 and LS170 are known for their durability, capable of withstanding demanding work environments.
- Weaknesses reported by some owners include occasional electrical issues and hydraulic system leaks.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues/Solutions:
► Follow the manufacturer's recommended maintenance intervals outlined in the New Holland OEM shop manual.
► Regularly check and maintain proper levels of engine oil, hydraulic fluid, and coolant.
► Keep the air filter clean and replace it when necessary to ensure optimal engine performance.
► Inspect and lubricate all pivot points, control cables, and grease fittings as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Check and tighten all critical fasteners, including wheel nuts, hydraulic fittings, and attachment mounting points.
► Regularly inspect tires for wear and damage, and replace as necessary to maintain traction and stability.
► Common issues may include hydraulic system leaks, electrical problems, and wear on critical components.
► Hydraulic system leaks can often be resolved by inspecting and replacing damaged seals or hoses.
► Electrical problems may require checking and cleaning wiring connections, inspecting fuses, or replacing faulty components.
► Regularly inspect and replace worn-out hydraulic and fuel filters to prevent system contamination.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Consider upgrading to heavy-duty tires with increased traction for improved performance in challenging conditions.
* Install auxiliary lighting for enhanced visibility in low-light environments.
* Add a backup camera or rearview mirror for improved safety during operation.
* Upgrade the operator seat to a more comfortable and adjustable option for long hours of operation.
* Install a beacon or strobe light for increased visibility on job sites or in high-traffic areas.
Available Accessories, Attachments, and Aftermarket Options:
■ Various bucket options for different materials handling needs, such as general-purpose, construction-grade, or high-capacity buckets.
■ Fork attachments for lifting and transporting palletized materials.
■ Grapple attachments for handling bulky and uneven loads.
■ Auger attachments for drilling holes in the ground.
■ Snow removal attachments, including snow blades and snow blowers.
■ Landscape attachments, such as brush cutters, tillers, and seeders.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Strengths: Owners appreciate the LS160 and LS170's versatility, power, and durability, making them suitable for various applications.
☺ Strengths: The machines offer excellent maneuverability and traction, even in challenging terrain or confined spaces.
☻ Weaknesses: Some owners report occasional electrical issues and hydraulic system leaks.
☻ Weaknesses: The compact design of the Skid Steer Loaders may limit visibility in certain situations.
Overall, owners find the LS160 and LS170 to be reliable workhorses that excel in a wide range of tasks.
Repairs That Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Regular maintenance and inspection of the hydraulic system, including seals, hoses, and fittings.
→ Replacement of worn-out tires due to wear or damage.
→ Regular inspection and maintenance of the electrical system, including wiring connections and fuses.
→ Lubrication and inspection of pivot points, control cables, and grease fittings.
→ Replacement of damaged hydraulic and fuel filters to prevent system contamination.
→ Repair or replacement of worn-out hydraulic hoses or fittings.
→ Replacement of worn-out drive chains or sprockets.
→ Regular inspection and maintenance of the cooling system, including checking coolant levels and hoses.
Access the detailed maintenance guidelines manual by clicking the green button. After completing the payment, you will find the download link for the official New Holland OEM shop manual and parts list on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.