To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: Scenic / Renault S.A.
Renault Scenic Expression
Renault Scenic Dynamique
Renault Scenic Privilege
Renault Scenic Conquest
Renault Scenic Authentique
Renault Scenic GT
Renault Scenic RX4
Renault Scenic Limited
Renault Scenic Monaco
Renault Scenic Bose Edition
Renault Scenic XMOD
Renault Scenic Dynamique S
Renault Scenic Carminat
Renault Scenic Team
Renault Scenic Collection
Renault Scenic Luxe
Renault Scenic TomTom Edition
Production/model years: 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"DIY Service: Compact Multi-Purpose Vehicle MPV - Download Your Renault Scenic Service PDF!"
Are you an owner or enthusiast of the 2003-2013 Renault Scenic, a versatile compact multi-purpose vehicle (MPV)? We have the perfect solution for you! Our DIY Service offers a convenient way to access detailed engine specifications, maintenance intervals, tuning tips, and more in a downloadable PDF format. Whether you're looking for technical data or general maintenance information, this guide has got you covered. Read on to discover the engine specifications, facts, maintenance tips, popular modifications, accessories, owner reviews, and much more about the 2003-2013 Renault Scenic!
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• Engine Types:
1.4-liter I4 petrol engine
1.6-liter I4 petrol engine
2.0-liter I4 petrol engine
1.5-liter I4 diesel engine
1.9-liter I4 diesel engine
2.0-liter I4 diesel engine
• Power Output:
The 1.4-liter petrol engine produces around 95 horsepower.
The 1.6-liter petrol engine produces approximately 110 to 120 horsepower.
The 2.0-liter petrol engine delivers around 135 to 140 horsepower.
The 1.5-liter diesel engine produces approximately 80 to 105 horsepower.
The 1.9-liter diesel engine offers around 120 to 130 horsepower.
The 2.0-liter diesel engine delivers approximately 150 to 160 horsepower.
The petrol engines produce torque ranging from 135 to 190 Nm.
The diesel engines offer torque ranging from 185 to 320 Nm.
Fuel System: Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) for petrol engines; Common Rail Direct Injection (CRDI) for diesel engines.
• Transmission Options:
5-speed manual transmission
6-speed manual transmission
4-speed automatic transmission
• Continuously Variable Transmission (CVT)
• Front-Wheel Drive (FWD) system.
• Suspension: Independent MacPherson struts at the front, torsion beam axle at the rear.
• Brake System: Disc brakes at the front, drum or disc brakes at the rear.
• Fuel Efficiency: Varies depending on the engine and transmission configuration, with average fuel economy ranging from approximately 30 to 45 mpg.
Facts and Details about the 2003-2013 Renault Scenic:
- The Renault Scenic is a popular compact MPV known for its versatile interior and practicality.
- It offers a spacious cabin with flexible seating arrangements and ample storage compartments.
- The Scenic underwent a facelift in 2006, featuring updated styling and improved technology.
- Safety features include ABS, airbags, stability control, and optional side curtain airbags.
- The Scenic provides a comfortable and smooth ride, suitable for both city driving and long journeys.
- The range of engine options allows customers to choose between petrol and diesel variants.
- The Scenic is praised for its fuel efficiency, especially with the diesel engine options.
- Common optional features include panoramic sunroofs, navigation systems, and parking sensors.
- The Scenic offers good visibility and maneuverability, making it easy to park and navigate tight spaces.
- The rear seats can be folded flat to create a spacious cargo area for transporting larger items.
- The 1.5-liter diesel engine is known for its frugality and low emissions.
- Some common issues reported include electrical problems, such as faulty window regulators and central locking systems.
- Regular maintenance and servicing are essential to ensure the longevity and reliability of the Scenic.
Maintenance Intervals and Tips:
► Oil change: Every 10,000 to 15,000 miles or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Timing belt replacement: Generally between 60,000 to 100,000 miles or as recommended in the owner's manual.
► Regularly check and top up fluids (engine oil, coolant, brake fluid, etc.).
► Inspect and replace air filters as needed.
► Check tire pressure regularly and rotate tires every 5,000 to 7,500 miles.
► Follow the recommended service intervals for transmission fluid changes.
► Keep an eye on the condition of brake pads and replace them when worn.
► Ensure the battery is in good condition and clean the terminals periodically.
Common Issues and Solutions:
* Electrical problems: Faulty window regulators and central locking systems can be resolved by replacing the affected components.
* Cooling system issues: Leaks or overheating can be caused by a faulty thermostat, radiator, or water pump. Proper diagnosis and replacement of the affected parts are necessary.
* Turbocharger problems (for diesel variants): Issues like lack of power or excessive smoke may require turbocharger inspection or replacement.
* Suspension noises: Squeaks or rattles from the suspension system may indicate worn-out bushings or shock absorbers, requiring replacement.
* Clutch and gearbox issues: Problems such as slipping or difficulty in shifting gears may require clutch or gearbox repair/replacement.
* Engine misfires: Faulty ignition coils or spark plugs can cause engine misfires. Replacing the affected components usually resolves the issue.
* ABS or ESP warning lights: Faulty sensors or ABS modules may trigger these warning lights. Diagnostic testing and replacement of the faulty parts may be necessary.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications:
■ ECU remapping or chip tuning for improved performance and fuel efficiency.
■ Upgrading to a sports exhaust system to enhance engine sound and increase power.
■ Installing a cold air intake or high-flow air filter for improved air intake and throttle response.
■ Lowering the suspension with coilovers or sport springs for improved handling and a more aggressive stance.
■ Upgrading the braking system with performance brake pads and rotors for enhanced stopping power.
Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
+ Roof racks and cargo carriers for additional storage capacity.
+ All-weather floor mats and cargo liners for protection against dirt and spills.
+ Multimedia systems with touchscreen displays, Bluetooth connectivity, and navigation.
+ Rearview cameras and parking sensors for easier parking maneuvers.
+ Custom alloy wheels in various designs and sizes.
+ Window visors and wind deflectors for improved airflow and reduced wind noise.
+ Interior accessories like seat covers, sunshades, and storage organizers.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Versatile and spacious interior with flexible seating options.
☺ Comfortable ride quality, especially on long journeys.
☺ Good fuel efficiency, particularly with the diesel engine variants.
☺ Practicality and ample storage compartments.
☺ Easy maneuverability and visibility.
☻ Some reported electrical issues, particularly with window regulators and central locking systems.
☻ Higher maintenance costs compared to some competitors.
☻ Limited engine performance in certain variants.
☻ Some owners find the interior materials and build quality to be average.
☻ Limited availability of certain aftermarket parts.
Repairs Frequently Needed:
→ Window regulator replacement
→ Central locking system repair
→ Thermostat replacement
→ Radiator replacement
→ Water pump replacement
→ Turbocharger inspection or replacement
→ Bushing and shock absorber replacement
→ Clutch replacement
→ Gearbox repair or replacement
→ Ignition coil or spark plug replacement
Parts That Often Break:
→ Window regulators
→ Central locking system components
→ Water pumps
→ Suspension bushings
→ Shock absorbers
→ Clutch components
→ Gearbox components
To obtain the detailed workshop manual for your Renault Scenic, simply click the button below to initiate the download process using PayPal or your credit card. Upon completion of your payment, you will receive an email containing the payment and download information. The official Renault OEM shop manual and parts list download link will be made available on the checkout page.