To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: XT500E, XT500 / Yamaha Motor Co., Ltd
Yamaha XT500E (Year: N/A)
Yamaha XT500 (Year: N/A)
Production year(s): 1975, 1976, 1977, 1978, 1979, 1980, 1981, 1982, 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Troubleshooting Manual for Yamaha XT500E and XT500 Maxi-Scooters: Your Go-To Resource for Maximizing Performance"
Are you in need of troubleshooting and maintaining your Yamaha XT500E or XT500 maxi-scooter? Look no further! We provide you with the opportunity to download a comprehensive troubleshooting manual tailored specifically for these models. Whether you're a seasoned maxi-scooter enthusiast or a new rider, this manual will equip you with the knowledge and guidance required to troubleshoot and maintain your Yamaha XT500E or XT500. Get ready to enhance your riding experience and unlock the full potential of your maxi-scooter!
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The Yamaha XT500E and XT500 maxi-scooters were equipped with a powerful 499cc, air-cooled, four-stroke engine.
• These models featured a single-cylinder configuration, delivering ample torque and a smooth power delivery.
• The engine had a bore and stroke of approximately 87mm x 84mm, providing a balanced performance.
• With a compression ratio of 9.0:1, the XT500E and XT500 offered reliable power output.
• The scooters utilized a reliable kick-start system for ignition, ensuring a dependable start-up.
• These models featured a robust air cooling system, efficiently dissipating heat during long rides.
• Fuel delivery was handled by a carburetor, providing precise fuel mixture for optimal performance.
• The scooters had a five-speed transmission, allowing riders to find the perfect gear for various riding conditions.
• The XT500E and XT500 featured a chain final drive, delivering power to the rear wheel smoothly.
• They came equipped with a telescopic front fork suspension, providing a comfortable ride and precise handling.
• The rear suspension consisted of dual shock absorbers, contributing to a balanced and smooth ride.
• These scooters featured a steel frame construction, ensuring stability and durability on the road.
• The XT500E and XT500 had a fuel tank capacity of approximately 8 liters (2.1 gallons), offering decent range for urban commuting.
• They featured drum brakes on both the front and rear wheels, providing reliable stopping power.
• The scooters had a seat height of around 810mm (31.9 inches), accommodating riders of various heights.
• With a dry weight of approximately 170kg (375 lbs), the XT500E and XT500 offered a manageable weight for maneuverability.
• They featured a compact and streamlined design, making them ideal for navigating through congested city streets.
• The scooters came with a spacious under-seat storage compartment, providing convenience for carrying personal belongings.
Facts and Details:
- The XT500E and XT500 were iconic maxi-scooters known for their robustness and versatility.
- These models were designed to offer a combination of urban agility and comfortable highway cruising.
- The XT500E variant featured a sportier design and performance-oriented characteristics, catering to riders seeking a more spirited ride.
- Both models were equipped with reliable and efficient engines, known for their low-maintenance requirements.
- Yamaha utilized quality components in the construction of the XT500E and XT500, ensuring long-lasting performance.
- The scooters featured a comfortable and upright riding position, reducing rider fatigue during extended journeys.
- Yamaha provided ample dealer support, ensuring availability of genuine parts and service options for these models.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
Consult the official Yamaha XT500E and XT500 service manual for specific maintenance intervals and recommendations.
General maintenance tips include regular oil and filter changes, checking tire pressure, inspecting and cleaning the air filter, and lubricating moving parts.
Common issues may include carburetor-related problems, electrical issues, and wear on drive components.
Solutions for these issues typically involve cleaning or rebuilding the carburetor, checking and repairing electrical connections, and replacing worn-out drive components.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Upgrading the exhaust system for improved performance and a more aggressive sound.
Installing a high-flow air filter and rejetting the carburetor for optimized air/fuel mixture.
Adding a larger front or rear sprocket for improved low-end torque or higher top speed, respectively.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Windshields and fairings for enhanced wind protection during long rides.
Top cases and saddlebags for increased storage capacity.
Upgraded suspension components for improved comfort and handling.
LED lighting kits for improved visibility and aesthetics.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
The Yamaha XT500E and XT500 have garnered positive feedback from owners. These maxi-scooters are praised for their reliable performance, rugged build quality, and comfortable riding experience. Owners appreciate their versatility for both urban commuting and longer journeys. Some potential weaknesses mentioned include the limited top speed for highway riding and the lack of advanced features compared to modern maxi-scooters.
Get your Yamaha XT500E and XT500 service manual in PDF format by clicking the green button. Access comprehensive service information through a secure PayPal payment process. Upon completing the payment, you will receive an immediate email containing the payment and download information. Your official Yamaha OEM shop manual/parts catalog download link will be provided on the checkout page.