The manual is valid for the following models:
2009 Yamaha GRIZZLY 550 FI 4X4 EPS
2009 Yamaha GRIZZLY 700 FI 4X4
2009 Yamaha YFM550 Grizzly 550 FI 4X4 EPS
2009 Yamaha YFM700 Grizzly 700 FI 4X4 EPS
2010 Yamaha YFM550FGHZ Grizzly
2010 Yamaha YFM550FGPHZ Grizzly
2010 Yamaha YFM550FGZGR Grizzly
2010 Yamaha YFM550FGZL Grizzly
2010 Yamaha YFM700FGHZ Grizzly
2010 Yamaha YFM700FGPHZ Grizzly
2010 Yamaha YFM700FGPZGR Grizzly
2010 Yamaha YFM700FGPZL Grizzly
Production/model years: 2009-2010
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Get the Manual for Fixing Your ATV: Yamaha Grizzly 550, 700"
Are you an ATV enthusiast in need of a comprehensive manual to address common issues and gain detailed knowledge about the engine specifications of the 2009-2010 Yamaha Grizzly 550 and 700 models? Look no further! In this guide, we will provide you with engine specs, interesting facts, maintenance tips, tuning suggestions, available accessories, owner reviews, and more for these Yamaha ATVs. Whether you use your ATV for work or play, this manual will equip you with the necessary information to keep your Yamaha Grizzly running smoothly and efficiently.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• Both the Grizzly 550 and 700 models are equipped with single-cylinder, four-stroke engines.
• The Grizzly 550 has a displacement of 558cc, while the Grizzly 700 has a displacement of 686cc.
• Both models feature electronic fuel injection (EFI) for improved throttle response and fuel efficiency.
• The engines utilize a liquid-cooling system to maintain optimal operating temperatures.
• The Grizzly 550 and 700 have electric start capabilities for quick and convenient ignition.
• Both models feature an automatic continuously variable transmission (CVT) for smooth power delivery and ease of use.
• The Grizzly 550 and 700 come with selectable 2WD/4WD drivetrains for enhanced traction in various terrains.
• These ATVs have independent double-wishbone suspension systems on the front and rear for excellent ride comfort and handling.
• The Grizzly 550 and 700 are equipped with hydraulic disc brakes on all wheels, ensuring reliable stopping power.
• Fuel capacity for the Grizzly 550 is approximately 18 liters, while the Grizzly 700 has a fuel capacity of around 19.2 liters.
• The ATVs have a dry weight of approximately 286 kg (Grizzly 550) and 305 kg (Grizzly 700), respectively.
• Both models feature racks on the front and rear for cargo-carrying capabilities.
• The Grizzly 550 and 700 have a towing capacity of up to 590 kg (Grizzly 550) and 600 kg (Grizzly 700).
• Ground clearance for the Grizzly 550 is approximately 274 mm, while the Grizzly 700 offers a ground clearance of around 279 mm.
• The ATVs are equipped with rugged 25-inch tires for optimal traction in various off-road conditions.
• The Grizzly 550 and 700 have comfortable seating for the rider and passenger, with a rear seat available on certain models.
• Both models feature digital instrumentation, displaying various information such as speed, fuel level, and trip meter.
• The Grizzly 550 and 700 come with a standard front winch, providing additional utility and convenience.
Facts and Details:
- The Grizzly series is renowned for its durability and performance, making it a popular choice among ATV enthusiasts.
- Yamaha incorporated its Ultramatic transmission technology into the Grizzly models, offering smooth and efficient power transfer.
- These ATVs are designed with excellent rider ergonomics, including a comfortable seating position and user-friendly controls.
- The Grizzly 550 and 700 feature integrated protective bodywork to shield the rider from mud, water, and debris.
- Yamaha equipped the Grizzly models with advanced On-Command 2WD/4WD systems, allowing riders to switch between modes seamlessly.
- The Grizzly 550 and 700 have large front and rear cargo racks with a combined carrying capacity of up to 120 kg.
- These ATVs are equipped with powerful lighting systems, including halogen headlights and LED taillights, for enhanced visibility.
- Yamaha designed the Grizzly series with a high-capacity radiator and cooling fan for efficient heat dissipation, even in challenging conditions.
- The Grizzly 550 and 700 offer excellent towing capabilities, making them suitable for hauling trailers, equipment, or accessories.
- These ATVs come with a durable front bumper and skid plates to protect the chassis and critical components during off-road adventures.
- Yamaha incorporated a differential lock feature on the Grizzly models, providing increased traction and control in challenging terrain.
- The Grizzly 550 and 700 are equipped with hydraulic power steering, reducing rider fatigue and enhancing maneuverability.
Maintenance Intervals, Tips, and Common Issues:
+ Follow the maintenance schedule outlined in the owner's manual to ensure proper upkeep of your ATV.
+ Regular maintenance tasks include engine oil and filter changes, air filter cleaning/replacement, and coolant level checks.
+ Grease all fittings and pivot points regularly to maintain smooth operation.
+ Inspect tires for proper inflation and wear, adjusting pressure and replacing worn-out tires as needed.
+ Keep the ATV clean, especially after riding in muddy or dusty conditions, to prevent debris buildup.
+ Check and adjust the drive belt tension periodically to maintain optimal performance.
+ Common issues may include electrical problems, fuel system issues, and drivetrain-related concerns.
+ Electrical issues can often be resolved by checking and cleaning connections, replacing fuses, or troubleshooting the battery and charging system.
+ Fuel system problems may require cleaning or replacing the fuel filter, inspecting the fuel lines, or addressing any issues with the fuel pump.
+ Drivetrain issues may arise from worn drive belts, improper clutch adjustment, or issues with the transmission. Regular inspection and maintenance are crucial to avoid drivetrain problems.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Performance Exhaust System: Upgrading to a high-performance exhaust system can enhance engine power and provide a deeper, more aggressive sound.
* Air Intake Kit: Installing a high-flow air intake kit can improve airflow to the engine, resulting in increased performance.
* Suspension Upgrades: Upgrading the suspension components, such as shocks and springs, can improve ride comfort and handling.
* Winch Upgrade: Installing a more powerful winch or upgrading to a synthetic rope can enhance the ATV's utility capabilities.
* LED Lighting: Adding auxiliary LED lights can improve visibility and lighting performance, especially during nighttime rides.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Winches and Winch Mounts: Upgrade options for increased pulling power and compatibility with various accessories.
Snow Plows and Snow Blowers: Attachments for snow removal during winter months.
Cargo Boxes and Storage Solutions: Expand storage capacity for carrying gear and equipment.
Skid Plates and A-Arm Guards: Protect critical components from impacts and debris.
Handguards and Handlebar Grips: Enhance rider comfort and provide additional hand protection.
GPS and Navigation Systems: Assist in trail mapping and navigation during off-road adventures.
Bumpers and Nerf Bars: Provide additional protection and style customization.
ATV Covers: Protect the ATV from the elements during storage or transportation.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Powerful engines and excellent torque for tackling various terrains and towing heavy loads.
Solid construction and durability, capable of enduring challenging conditions.
Smooth and reliable performance, even during extended rides.
Comfortable ride quality and ergonomic design for long-distance journeys.
Versatility and flexibility for both work-related tasks and recreational riding.
Some owners have reported issues with electrical components, such as wiring harnesses or ignition-related problems.
Maintenance and repairs can be costly, especially for specialized parts or services.
The ATV's weight can be a factor in maneuverability, particularly in tight or technical trails.
Repairs Needing Frequent Attention:
■ Regular maintenance tasks such as oil and filter changes, air filter cleaning/replacement, and spark plug replacements.
■ Drive belt replacements due to wear or damage.
■ Suspension component inspections and potential replacements as needed.
■ Periodic cleaning and adjustment of electrical connections.
■ Brake system maintenance, including brake pad replacements and fluid checks/flushes.
Initiate the download of your detailed ATV troubleshooting guide in PDF format by purchasing securely using PayPal in the RepairLoader marketplace. Click the green button to start your Yamaha shop handbook download! Once your payment is complete, the official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list for your ATV will be available for download on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you all the payment and download information.
Price: 18.99 USD