The following models are encompassed by this manual: Raptor 250, YFM250 / Yamaha Motor Corp., Ltd
2008-2009 Yamaha Raptor 250
2008-2009 Yamaha Raptor 250R
2008-2009 Yamaha Raptor 250 Special Edition
Production year(s): 2008, 2009
Engine: 249.0 cc (15.19 cubic inches), single cylinder, four-stroke, 9.5:1, 74.0 x 58.0 mm (2.9 x 2.3 inches), Carburetor. Mikuni® 29 mm BSR, single Overhead Cams (SOHC), DC-CDI
Manual Language: English
Number of pages: 598
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Payment: PayPal or credit card.
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Master Your ATV: Obtain the Comprehensive Manual for the 2008-2009 Yamaha Raptor 250, YFM250"
The 2008-2009 Yamaha Raptor 250, YFM250, is a high-performance ATV built for adrenaline-fueled off-road adventure. Understanding this machine's specifications, unique features, and maintenance needs will ensure an optimal riding experience. Our detailed manual is crafted with this purpose in mind, offering a deep dive into the world of this potent quad.
Engine Specs/Technical Specifications:
• The Raptor 250 is powered by a 249cc, air-cooled, SOHC, four-stroke single.
• It employs a 5-speed manual transmission, giving riders complete control.
• The ATV boasts a 2.4-gallon fuel capacity, facilitating longer rides.
• It uses a carburetor fuel delivery system for efficient performance.
• The vehicle comes equipped with hydraulic disc brakes both front and rear for superior stopping power.
• The Yamaha Raptor 250's engine features a bore and stroke of 74.0mm x 58.0mm.
• It employs a chain drive for efficient power transmission.
• The Raptor 250 features a robust steel frame for durability.
• This ATV has a double-wishbone front suspension and swing-arm rear suspension.
• The seat height measures a manageable 28.7 inches.
• The ATV's ground clearance stands at a comfortable 3.9 inches.
• It has a wheelbase of 43.7 inches for stability on various terrains.
• The front track width is 38.2 inches, while the rear measures 38.4 inches.
• The Raptor 250 weighs in at a nimble 313 lbs (wet).
• It features electric start for easy operation.
• The vehicle sports aluminum wheels to maintain its light weight.
• The front tires are 20x7-10, and the rear tires are 19x10-9 for excellent traction.
• It features a convenient dual 30-watt multireflector halogen headlights.
• The Raptor 250 has a 12V-5AH battery for reliable power.
• It is equipped with a snail-type chain adjuster for ease of maintenance.
Facts and details:
- The Raptor 250 was the lightest full-size sport ATV available in 2008-2009.
- Despite its relatively small size, it's capable of offering thrilling performance.
- It's recognized for its maneuverability and ease of handling.
- The Raptor 250 was designed for riders aged 16 years and older.
- It boasts aggressive styling, inspired by its larger Raptor siblings.
- The ATV's nimble weight and powerful engine make it a favorite for off-road racing.
- Its low seat height makes it accessible to a variety of riders.
- Yamaha introduced a special edition with graphic treatment in these model years.
Maintenance intervals, general maintenance tips, and common issues:
The Yamaha Raptor 250 requires regular maintenance every 20 hours of operation or annually. Regular maintenance includes oil and filter changes, air filter cleaning, spark plug inspection, and brake system checks. One common issue is with the carburetor, which may need cleaning or adjusting if the ATV does not start properly or runs poorly. An authorized Yamaha dealership should perform these tasks to ensure the longevity of your ATV.
Popular tuning tips or modifications:
- An aftermarket exhaust can increase horsepower and torque.
- Jetting the carburetor can optimize performance in various conditions.
- Installing a performance air filter can improve airflow.
- A new set of tires can enhance traction and handling.
- Upgraded suspension components can improve ride quality and handling.
Available accessories and aftermarket options:
- Aftermarket exhaust systems for improved performance.
- Performance tires for better traction.
- Custom graphics for a personalized look.
- Skid plates for added protection.
- Off-road lighting for better visibility in dark conditions.
Owner reviews and opinions:
Owners appreciate the Raptor 250's lightweight feel, easy handling, and powerful performance for its size. Some riders express frustration with the lack of a reverse gear. Overall, the Raptor 250 is highly praised for its durability and performance in off-road conditions.
Click on 'Purchase Now' to secure your detailed Yamaha service handbook in PDF format from the RepairLoader marketplace, facilitated by a swift and secure transaction via PayPal.
Upon the successful completion of your payment, the checkout page will present your official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list for immediate download. Additionally, we will promptly send you an email containing all necessary details to access your download.
Price: 18.99 USD