To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below.
The following models are included in this manual: Rhino YXR660 / Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd™
- 2004 Yamaha Rhino YXR660
- 2005 Yamaha Rhino YXR660
Engine: 660 cc
Production year(s): 2004, 2005
Language: English (some of our manuals are multi-language)
More information: Get/buy your 2004-2005 Yamaha™ Rhino YXR660 ATV manual here for instant download
Table of Contents
- General Information
- Periodic Checks and Adjustments
- Cooling System
- Fuel System
- Electrical System
- Wiring Diagram
- Plus much more...
Please note that the following table of contents is a partial overview and does not cover all the sections and topics included in the manual. It provides a glimpse of the manual's content.
The 2004-2005 Yamaha™ Rhino YXR660 ATV manual is a valuable resource for mechanics, technicians, and owners. It provides detailed information on specifications, periodic checks and adjustments, troubleshooting, wiring diagrams, and more, helping users to effectively maintain and repair their vehicles.
- The price of this manual, handbooks, and repair guides are determined by the seller, so it is advisable to compare prices before making a purchase.
- User comments and ratings at the end of the detail page can aid in the purchase decision.
- Don't hesitate and download the repair manual now, with a lifetime guarantee for the download.
- To contact the seller, please use the contact form provided.
- If satisfied with our service, please recommend us on social media and follow us on Facebook.
- Click the download button and instantly download this manual.# Engine Specifications/Technical Data
- Engine Type: 660cc liquid-/oil-cooled, four-stroke, 5-valve SOHC.
- Bore x Stroke: 100.0 x 84.0 mm.
- Compression Ratio: 9.1:1.
- Carburetion: Mikuni 42mm BSR.
- Ignition System: DC - CDI.
- Starting System: Electric with recoil backup.
- Transmission: Yamaha Ultramatic® V-belt with all-wheel engine braking; L, H, N, and R.
- Drivetrain: Yamaha On-Command® pushbutton; 3-way locking differential; 2WD, 4WD, locked 4WD.
- Fuel Capacity: 12.5 liters (3.3 US gallons).
- Lubrication: Wet sump.
- Cooling: Liquid cooled with a fan.
- Final Drive: Shaft.
- Suspension: Independent double wishbone; 7.3 in travel (front), 7.3 in travel (rear).
- Brakes: Dual hydraulic disc (front), dual hydraulic disc (rear).
- Tires: AT25 x 8-12 (front), AT25 x 10-12 (rear).
Maintenance Intervals and Tips
- Regular engine oil and filter changes every 100 hours or six months.
- Air filter inspection and cleaning every 50 hours; replace as needed.
- Check differential gear oil level every 100 hours.
- Inspect and lubricate the chassis and suspension every 50 hours.
- Periodic brake system checks, including pads and fluid.
Common Issues and Solutions
- Issue: Difficult starting in cold weather. Solution: Use the choke effectively and ensure the battery is fully charged.
- Issue: Overheating engine. Solution: Regularly check coolant levels and radiator condition.
- Issue: Unusual noise in the drivetrain. Solution: Inspect and adjust the drive belt; replace if worn.
- Issue: Brake inefficiency. Solution: Check brake pads and discs; replace if necessary.
- Issue: Steering problems. Solution: Inspect and, if needed, replace worn steering components.
Five Maintenance Tips
- Regularly clean the vehicle to prevent dirt and mud accumulation.
- Check tire pressure and condition before each ride.
- Ensure all nuts and bolts are tightened to the correct torque specifications.
- Regularly inspect the electrical system, including lights and indicators.
- Store in a dry, cool place and use a cover to protect from dust and moisture.
Popular Tuning Tips and Modifications
- Install a high-flow air filter for better engine performance.
- Upgrade to a performance exhaust system for increased power and sound.
- Re-jet the carburetor for optimal fuel-air mixture.
- Add a lift kit for improved ground clearance.
- Install larger, more aggressive tires for enhanced traction.
Compatible Accessories and Attachments
- Custom roll cages for added safety.
- High-powered LED light bars for enhanced night visibility.
- Winch kit for utility purposes.
- Skid plates for underbody protection.
- Aftermarket shock absorbers for better handling.
- Storage boxes and gun racks for utility use.
- Custom seat covers for comfort and style.
Owner Reviews: Strengths and Weaknesses
- Strength: Durable build quality and reliability.
- Weakness: Factory suspension may be too soft for aggressive terrain.
- Strength: Versatile for recreational and utility use.
- Weakness: Regular maintenance is essential for longevity.
- Strength: Powerful engine performance.
Common Repairs and Frequent Part Replacements
- Brake pads and discs replacement.
- Air and oil filter changes.
- Drive belt inspection and replacement.
- Suspension bushings and shock absorbers.
- Radiator hose and coolant system maintenance.
- Electrical system repairs, including lights and starter.
- Tire replacements due to wear.
- Clutch adjustments and replacements.
- Steering components maintenance.
- Carburetor cleaning or rebuild.
- Exhaust system repairs.
- Battery replacement.
- Bodywork repairs, including plastics and decals.
- Differential and transmission repairs.
- Engine tune-ups and valve adjustments.
Access your comprehensive download of the official OEM Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd™ factory manual for the Rhino YXR660 here.
Upon completing your transaction, you will find the download link for the official Yamaha Motor Corporation, Ltd™ service manual and parts list (PDF) on the payment confirmation page. Additionally, we will immediately email you the confirmation of your payment.