To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are covered by this manual: LX172, LX173, LX176, LX178, LX186, LX188, LX 100 Series / Deere & Company / JD / John Deere, built in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA.
LX172: M00172X110001- M00172X199999
LX173: M00173X110001- M00173X199999
LX176: M00176X110001- M00176X199999
LX178: M00178X110001- M00178X199999
LX186: M00186X110001- M00186X199999
LX188: M00188X110001- M00188X199999
Engine LX172 specs: Kawasaki FC420V, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, 422 cc, 25.8 ci, 3.50x2.68 inches, 89 x 68 mm, 14 hp, 10.4 kW, 1550-3350.
Engine LX173 specs: Kohler CV15S, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, 426 cc, 26 ci, 3.5x2.6 inches, 89 x 66 mm, 15 hp, 11.2 kW, 8.5:1,
Engine LX176 specs: Kawasaki FC420V, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, 422 cc, 25.8 ci, 3.50x2.68 inches, 89 x 68 mm, 14 hp, 10.4 kW, 1550-3350.
Engine LX178 specs: Kawasaki FD440V, gasoline, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled vertical-shaft V-Twin, 437 cc, 26.7 ci, 2.64x2.44 inches, 67 x 62 mm, 15 hp, 11.2 kW, 9.3:1.
Engine LX186 specs: Kawasaki FC540V, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled, vertical-shaft, 534 cc, 32.64 ci, 3.50x3.38 inches, 89 x 86 mm, 17 hp, 12.7 kW.
Engine LX188 specs: Kawasaki FD501V, gasoline, 2-cylinder, liquid-cooled, vertical-shaft V-Twin, 437 cc, 26.7 ci, 2.64x2.44 inches, 67 x 62 mm, 17 hp, 12.7 kW.
Production year(s): 1990, 1991, 1992, 1993, 1994, 1995, 1996, 1997, 1998
Publication number: TM-1492
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Master Your Lawn Care: Get the Ultimate DL Manual for the John Deere LX Series Lawn Tractor"
Take your lawn care to the next level with the John Deere LX series DL lawn tractor. Designed for exceptional performance and reliability, these lawn tractors are essential for maintaining a beautiful and healthy yard. To ensure you have all the information you need to operate and maintain your John Deere LX series lawn tractor, a comprehensive DL manual is a must-have. Dive into the engine specifications, facts, maintenance tips, popular modifications, available accessories, owner reviews, and essential repairs for these exceptional lawn tractors.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The John Deere LX series lawn tractors are equipped with powerful engines designed for efficient performance.
• The engines vary between models, offering different horsepower ratings.
• These engines feature a single-cylinder design for reliable power delivery.
• Fuel delivery is handled by a carburetor, ensuring optimal combustion.
• The engines are air-cooled to maintain consistent operating temperatures.
• The displacement of the engines ranges from approximately 422cc to 675cc, depending on the model.
• The lawn tractors feature a hydrostatic transmission for smooth and effortless operation.
• They offer both forward and reverse gears for maximum maneuverability.
• The cutting deck width ranges from 38 to 54 inches, depending on the model.
• The cutting height can be easily adjusted to achieve the desired lawn finish.
• The turning radius varies from model to model but is typically around 18 inches.
• The lawn tractors are equipped with manual power take-off (PTO) systems for engaging attachments.
• They have a fuel capacity ranging from approximately 2.5 to 3.5 gallons, depending on the model.
• The maximum speed of these lawn tractors is approximately 5 to 6 miles per hour.
• The engines are designed to meet strict emissions regulations.
• The lawn tractors feature comfortable seating and intuitive controls for ease of use.
• They are equipped with headlights for enhanced visibility during low-light conditions.
• The overall dimensions of the lawn tractors vary slightly between models.
• The weight ranges from approximately 400 to 600 pounds, depending on the model.
• The John Deere LX series lawn tractors are known for their reliability and durability.
Facts and Details:
- The John Deere LX series lawn tractors are designed for residential use and offer a balance of power and maneuverability.
- They feature a sturdy and durable construction, ensuring longevity and performance.
- The lawn tractors provide a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to their ergonomic design and suspension system.
- They offer a range of cutting options, allowing you to achieve the desired height and finish for your lawn.
- The John Deere LX series lawn tractors are easy to operate, even for beginners.
- They come with a variety of attachments, such as baggers, mulching kits, and snow blades, to enhance their versatility.
- These lawn tractors have a tight turning radius, making them suitable for navigating around obstacles in your yard.
- The John Deere LX series models are known for their reliable starting and consistent performance.
- They are backed by the reputation and service network of John Deere, ensuring support and access to parts.
- The lawn tractors are fuel-efficient, allowing you to cover large areas without frequent refueling.
- They feature a robust cutting system that delivers a clean and precise cut.
- The John Deere LX series lawn tractors offer excellent traction on various terrains, making them suitable for all-season use.
- These models are known for their low maintenance requirements, reducing downtime and increasing productivity.
- The lawn tractors provide excellent value for homeowners seeking a reliable and efficient lawn care solution.
Maintenance Intervals, General Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular maintenance should be performed according to the manufacturer's recommendations, typically based on hours of operation or time intervals.
► Essential maintenance tasks include oil and filter changes, air filter cleaning/replacement, and spark plug inspection.
► Check the tire pressure regularly and maintain it within the recommended range.
► Keep the cutting deck clean and free from debris to maintain optimal cutting performance.
► Lubricate all moving parts, such as the steering linkage and PTO assembly, as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Common issues with the John Deere LX series lawn tractors may include carburetor problems, belt wear, and electrical issues.
► To address carburetor issues, ensure proper cleaning and adjustment or consult a professional for assistance.
► Inspect belts regularly for signs of wear and replace them if necessary.
► Electrical issues may be resolved by checking the battery connections, fuses, and wiring for any faults.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
* Install a mulching kit to finely chop grass clippings and promote a healthier lawn.
* Upgrade the cutting blades to high-performance options for a cleaner and more precise cut.
* Add a bagger attachment to collect grass clippings for a cleaner-looking lawn.
* Install aftermarket LED headlights for improved visibility during nighttime operations.
* Consider upgrading the tires for enhanced traction on challenging terrains.
Available Accessories and Attachments:
→ Mulching kits
→ Snow blades
→ Snow blowers
→ Rear-mounted spreaders
→ Front-end loaders
→ Utility carts
→ Sun shades
→ Bumper kits
→ Weight brackets
→ Blade sharpeners
→ Wheel weights
→ Chains for winter traction
→ Lawn striping kits
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Reliability and durability for long-term use.
☺ Smooth and comfortable operation.
☺ Versatile cutting options for different lawn types.
☺ Easy maneuverability, even in tight spaces.
☺ Wide availability of parts and accessories.
☻ Some owners reported occasional belt slipping issues.
☻ Limited top speed compared to larger garden tractors.
☻ Lack of advanced features found in higher-end models.
☻ May require additional attachments for certain tasks.
Repairs Needing Frequent Attention and Commonly Broken Parts:
→ Belts may need replacement due to wear and stretching.
→ Carburetors may require cleaning and adjustment for optimal engine performance.
→ Electrical components such as switches and solenoids may fail and require replacement.
→ Steering linkages and tie rods may wear out and need to be replaced.
→ Ignition switches can develop faults and may need to be replaced.
→ Fuel filters may become clogged and require periodic replacement.
→ Mower deck spindles and blades may wear out and need to be replaced.
To access the detailed fix manual for your John Deere lawn tractor, simply click the green button and download the comprehensive PDF manual. Once your payment is completed, the official John Deere OEM shop manual/parts catalog for your lawn tractor will be available for download on the checkout page, and we will promptly email you the payment confirmation.