To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual is applicable to the following models: TW25, TW Series / Ford Motor Company, built in Antwerp, Belgium.
Ford TW-25 Standard: Manufactured from 1983 to 1989, it was the base model with all standard features.
Ford TW-25 II: Introduced later in the series, it had slight modifications and upgrades from the original.
Engine specs: turbocharged diesel, 6-cylinder, liquid-cooled, 401 ci, 6.6 L, 4.4x4.4 inches, 112 x 112 mm, 156 hp, 116.3 kW, 160 hp, 119.3 kW, 15.6:1, 424 lb-ft, 574.9 Nm.
773-SERIES FORD NON QUICK-ATTACH FARM LOADER
774-SERIES FORD FARM LOADERS7312 QUICK ATTACH FARM LOADER7314 QUICK ATTACH FARM LOADER
7412HD-SERIES FARM LOADERS
7413-SERIES QUICK ATTACH FARM LOADERS
Production years: 1983, 1984, 1985, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1989
Manual Language: English
"Unlock Expert Service: The Ultimate Troubleshooting Manual for Your Row-Crop Tractor"
The heart of every farm, the row-crop tractor, demands consistent attention and understanding to function seamlessly. When it comes to the Ford TW-25, this magnificent piece of machinery's beauty lies not just in its raw power, but also in its intricate details. This guide is tailored to provide insights into the Ford TW-25, aiding in troubleshooting and ensuring longevity.
Engine Specifications/Technical Data:
• The Ford TW-25 is powered by a turbocharged diesel engine.
• It boasts a 6-cylinder engine, ensuring smooth operation.
• The engine displacement for the Ford TW-25 is approximately 401 cu in (6.6 L).
• It operates with a direct injection fuel system.
• This row-crop tractor has a dual-power partial power-shift transmission.
• It has 16 forward and 4 reverse gears.
• The engine produces a power output of around 156 horsepower.
• It comes with a 1000 RPM rear PTO.
• The Ford TW-25 has a liquid-cooled system.
• The rated RPM for the tractor engine is approximately 2200.
• Its fuel tank can hold up to 85 gallons (322 liters).
• The tractor weighs around 14,200 lbs (6441 kg).
• It has a hydraulic system with a capacity of 13.5 gallons (51.1 liters).
• The front tires typically measure 11.00-16 while the rear ones are 18.4-38.
• The tractor's wheelbase stands at 108.3 inches.
• Its 3-point hitch is a category 3 and has a rear lift of around 7870 lbs (3570 kg).
Facts and Details:
- The Ford TW-25 was majorly manufactured during the 1980s.
- It was a part of Ford's TW series, representing high horsepower tractors.
- The tractor comes with a cab as standard, offering protection and comfort.
- It’s built for heavy-duty operations with its robust build and power.
- The differential lock in the tractor helps in tricky terrains.
- The tractor has power-assisted steering for easier maneuvering.
- It was manufactured at Ford's Basildon, England plant.
- The tractor has a dual power feature, providing two gear speeds for each selection.
- It offers a wide range of speeds for diverse tasks.
- The Ford TW-25 became synonymous with durability in the farming community.
Maintenance Tips & Common Issues:
► Maintenance Intervals: Every 100 hours, change the engine oil and every 300 hours for the hydraulic and transmission fluids.
► General Maintenance Tip: Regularly inspect for any leaks, especially in the hydraulic system.
► Common Issue: Overheating. Solution: Regularly check coolant levels and ensure the radiator is free from debris.
► Common Issue: Transmission slippages. Solution: Ensure transmission fluid is at the recommended level and of the right specification.
Five Maintenance Tips:
1. Ensure that all the filters (oil, air, fuel) are regularly checked and replaced as needed.
2. Regularly inspect tire pressure and adjust for even wear.
3. Lubricate the moving parts frequently to prevent wear and tear.
4. Always use high-quality diesel to prevent engine issues.
5. Keep the tractor stored in a dry place to avoid rust and deterioration.
Tuning Tips and Modifications:
■ Consider upgrading the air intake system for enhanced engine performance.
■ High-performance fuel additives can boost fuel efficiency and power output.
■ Replace standard lights with LED lights for better visibility.
■ A seat suspension kit can enhance comfort for prolonged usage.
■ Tire upgrades can improve traction in specific terrains.
Accessories and Attachments:
+ Front-end loader
+ Backhoe attachment
+ Bale spear
+ Rotary cutter
+ Landscape rake
+ Plow attachments
+ Grader blade
+ Seed spreader
+ Disk harrows
+ Fertilizer spreader
☺ Unmatched power for its time.
☺ Durable and long-lasting.
☺ Comfortable for long hours of operation.
☻ Some found it fuel-hungry.
☻ Replacement parts can be costly.
☻ The weight can be a limitation for some tasks.
Frequent Repairs & Breakdowns:
→ Hydraulic system leaks.
→ Wear and tear of clutch.
→ Alternator or starter issues.
→ Replacing worn-out tires.
→ Radiator repairs or replacements.
→ Exhaust manifold issues.
→ Replacing old belts.
→ Fuel injector problems.
→ Transmission system maintenance.
→ Steering system repairs.
To secure the Ford manual in PDF format, click and finalize your transaction on [RL] marketplace via PayPal.
After completing your payment, the download link for the official Ford parts list/shop guide will be available on the checkout page. We'll also promptly forward a confirmation of your payment to your email.