To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
The following models are encompassed by this manual: Rhino 660, YXR 660, YXR 66 / Yamaha
2004 Yamaha Rhino 660, YXR 660, YXR 66
2005 Yamaha Rhino 660, YXR 660, YXR 66
2006 Yamaha Rhino 660, YXR 660, YXR 66
2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, YXR 660, YXR 66
Engine specs: 660cc, 4-Stroke Single, Liquid Cooled w/Fan, 5-Valve, SOHC, 100 mm x 84 mm, 9.1:1, Mikuni 42 mm BSR
Production year(s): 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007
Manual Language: English
Printable: Yes (with all printers)
Instant delivery/download: Your download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Maintain and Optimize Your UTV: Buy the Yamaha Rhino 660 PDF Shop Manual"
When it comes to off-road adventures, proper maintenance is crucial to ensure your UTV performs at its best. In this comprehensive PDF shop manual, we provide detailed guidance on engine specifications, technical data, maintenance intervals, common issues, tuning tips, available accessories, and more for the 2004-2007 Yamaha Rhino 660, YXR 660, YXR 66 UTV models. Whether you're a trail enthusiast or a utility user, this shop manual is your ultimate resource to maintain and optimize your Yamaha Rhino 660 for maximum performance. Click the green button to download the manual and gain valuable knowledge to conquer any terrain.
Engine Specifications and Technical Data:
• The Yamaha Rhino 660 UTV is powered by a liquid-cooled, 4-stroke, 660cc engine.
• It features a single-cylinder configuration for reliable power delivery and efficiency.
• The engine is equipped with electronic fuel injection (EFI) for precise fuel metering and responsive throttle control.
• The Rhino 660 has an electric starter for convenient and effortless engine ignition.
• It is fitted with an automatic transmission with high, low, neutral, and reverse gears, providing versatility for various off-road situations.
• The UTV features a selectable 2WD/4WD drive system, allowing the driver to switch between two-wheel and four-wheel drive modes as needed.
• The Rhino 660's front suspension is an independent double wishbone design with adjustable shocks for a smooth and controlled ride.
• It has a rear suspension with a stabilizer bar and adjustable shocks, providing excellent stability and comfort.
• The UTV is equipped with hydraulic disc brakes on all wheels for reliable and consistent stopping power.
• The Rhino 660 features a roll cage structure for occupant protection and enhanced safety.
• It has a cargo bed with a capacity of approximately 400 pounds, allowing for hauling of gear, equipment, or other items.
• The UTV has a fuel tank capacity of around 7.9 gallons, providing sufficient range for longer off-road excursions.
• It comes with aggressive styling, rugged tires, and a durable chassis, reflecting its off-road capability and durability.
Facts and Details:
- The Yamaha Rhino 660 is a popular and versatile UTV known for its durability, off-road performance, and utility capabilities.
- It offers comfortable seating for two occupants and can handle a variety of terrains, including trails, dunes, and work sites.
- The Rhino 660's powerful engine provides ample torque and towing capacity for hauling heavy loads.
- The UTV's selectable 2WD/4WD drive system allows the driver to switch between modes depending on traction conditions, maximizing control and maneuverability.
- Some owners appreciate the UTV's ample storage space and cargo bed capacity, making it suitable for various recreational and utility purposes.
- The Rhino 660's robust suspension system and responsive steering contribute to its smooth and controlled ride, even over rough terrain.
- With its roll cage structure and safety features, the UTV prioritizes occupant protection and provides peace of mind during off-road adventures.
- The Yamaha Rhino 660 has gained a reputation for reliability, with many owners reporting minimal issues and long-term satisfaction.
- While the UTV is praised for its durability, some owners have mentioned concerns about the vehicle's weight and limited top speed.
- The Rhino 660's fuel efficiency is generally considered decent, allowing for extended rides without frequent refueling.
Maintenance Intervals, General Maintenance Tips, and Common Issues:
► Regular maintenance intervals for the Yamaha Rhino 660 include oil and filter changes, air filter cleaning, and general inspection every 20-50 hours of operation or as recommended by the manufacturer.
► Check and maintain proper tire pressure for optimal traction and handling.
► Grease the suspension components and drivetrain regularly to ensure smooth operation and prevent premature wear.
► Inspect the brakes, brake pads, and rotors for wear, and replace them as needed.
► Regularly clean and lubricate the drive belt to maintain proper operation and extend its life.
► Common issues with the Rhino 660 may include belt slippage, electrical system malfunctions, and suspension component wear. These can often be resolved through regular maintenance, component replacement, or professional repair when necessary.
opular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
+ Upgrade the exhaust system to improve power delivery and enhance the UTV's sound.
+ Install aftermarket suspension components, such as adjustable shocks, to fine-tune the ride and handling characteristics.
+ Enhance lighting with LED light bars or additional auxiliary lights for improved visibility during night rides.
+ Add a winch to the front or rear of the UTV for increased recovery and utility capabilities.
+ Install a roof, windshield, and other protective accessories to shield occupants from the elements during rides.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
■ Lighting accessories (LED light bars, auxiliary lights)
■ Roof and windshield options
■ Cargo bed accessories (storage boxes, bed extenders)
■ Skid plates and underbody protection
■ Performance air filters and intake systems
■ UTV audio systems and speakers
■ Wheel and tire upgrades
■ Snorkel kits for water crossings
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
☺ Durable and reliable construction for off-road adventures and utility work.
☺ Versatile and capable performance on various terrains.
☺ Comfortable seating and ample storage capacity.
☻ Limited top speed compared to some sport-oriented UTVs.
☻ Relatively higher maintenance requirements due to off-road use.
Repairs that need to be carried out most frequently:
☻ Drive belt replacement.
☻ Brake pad replacement.
☻ Suspension component maintenance and replacement.
☻ Electrical system troubleshooting and repair.
☻ Regular oil and filter changes.
☻ Air filter cleaning and replacement.
Parts that often break:
☻ Drive belts.
☻ Brake pads and rotors.
☻ Suspension bushings and seals.
☻ Electrical connectors and switches.
☻ Air filters.
☻ CV joints and boots.
Access the comprehensive workshop manual for your Yamaha Rhino 660 with just one click! After completing the payment, your download link for the official Yamaha OEM shop manual and parts list will be available on the checkout page. Additionally, we will promptly email you the payment and download information.