To make it easier for you to choose the right manual, we have compiled various information for you below, such as model designations, types, and production years.
This manual applies to the following models: LT133, LT155, LT166, LT Series / Deere & Company, built in Horicon, Wisconsin, USA.
John Deere LT133
John Deere LT155
John Deere LT166
LT133: Serial numbers from MOL133A010001 to MOL133A015557
LT155: Serial numbers from MOL155B010001 to MOL155B040000
LT166: Serial numbers from MOL166A010001 to MOL166A020000
Engine LT133 details: Kohler CV13S, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled vertical-shaft, 398 cc, 24.3 ci, 3.425x2.638 inches, 87 x 67 mm, 13 hp, 9.7 kW,
Engine LT155 details: Kohler CV15S, gasoline, 1-cylinder, air-cooled vertical-shaft, 426 cc, 26 ci, 3.55x2.64 inches, 90 mm x 67 mm, 15 hp, 11.2 kW.
Engine LT166 details: Briggs & Stratton 303777, gasoline, 2-cylinder, air-cooled vertical-shaft, 480 cc, 29.3 ci, 2.68x2.60 inches, 68 x 66 mm, 16 hp, 11.9 kW.
Two-wheel drive, Manual steering, Disc brakes, Open operator station.
Starter: 12 volts
Production year(s): 1998, 1999, 2000, 2001.
Manual Language: English
Delivery: Download link will appear on the checkout page after your payment is complete.
"Download the Lawn Tractor Manual for DIY Repairs: Unleash the Power of John Deere LT133, LT155, and LT166"
Looking to keep your lawn tractor in top shape? Get ready to take charge of repairs and maintenance with the downloadable manual for the John Deere LT133, LT155, and LT166. This comprehensive guide empowers you to handle technical issues and optimize performance for these powerful machines. From engine specifications to common repairs and tuning tips, we've got you covered. Discover the strengths, weaknesses, and popular accessories for these lawn tractors, and get ready to transform your lawn care experience.
• The John Deere LT133, LT155, and LT166 are equipped with a single-cylinder air-cooled engine.
• These lawn tractors feature a displacement of 432cc (26.4 cubic inches).
• The engine delivers a maximum power output of 13 horsepower at 3,500 RPM.
• With a bore and stroke of 3.34 x 2.91 inches, these models offer reliable performance.
• The LT133, LT155, and LT166 utilize a carburetor fuel system.
• These lawn tractors come with a recoil or electric starter for easy ignition.
• The engine's compression ratio is 8.5:1, providing efficient fuel combustion.
• A full-pressure lubrication system ensures proper engine oil circulation.
• The cooling system utilizes forced air to maintain optimal engine temperature.
• The LT133, LT155, and LT166 feature a dual-element air filter for improved filtration.
• These models have a fuel tank capacity of 2.4 gallons (9.1 liters).
• The engine is powered by regular unleaded gasoline.
• The recommended oil type for these lawn tractors is SAE 10W-30.
• Spark plug gaps should be set to 0.030 inches (0.76 mm) for optimal ignition.
• The LT133, LT155, and LT166 have a 12-volt electrical system.
• The battery provides a cranking power of 165 CCA (Cold Cranking Amps).
• The alternator generates 15 amps to charge the battery while the engine is running.
• These models have a hydrostatic transmission with a foot-controlled speed control.
• The cutting deck size varies between 38 and 48 inches, depending on the model.
• The mower deck is adjustable to multiple cutting heights for customized lawn care.
• The LT133, LT155, and LT166 offer a maximum forward speed of 5.5 mph (8.9 km/h).
• The reverse speed reaches a maximum of 2.9 mph (4.7 km/h) for efficient maneuverability.
• These lawn tractors are equipped with mechanical steering for precise control.
• The turning radius is approximately 18 inches, allowing easy navigation around obstacles.
• The overall weight of these models ranges from 445 to 500 pounds (202 to 227 kg).
Facts and Details:
- The LT133, LT155, and LT166 belong to John Deere's LT series, designed for residential lawn care.
- These lawn tractors are known for their durability and dependability, making them popular choices among homeowners.
- The LT133, LT155, and LT166 offer excellent cutting performance and even grass distribution.
- John Deere's "Edge" cutting system ensures precise and clean cuts for a manicured lawn appearance.
- These models feature a comfortable operator station with a high-back seat and ergonomic controls.
- The LT133, LT155, and LT166 provide a smooth and comfortable ride, thanks to their adjustable suspension seats.
- John Deere emphasizes safety with the inclusion of a seat switch, which disables the mower blades when the operator leaves the seat.
- These lawn tractors are designed with a sturdy frame and heavy-duty components for long-lasting performance.
- The LT133, LT155, and LT166 offer easy access to key maintenance points for hassle-free servicing.
- John Deere provides a range of attachments and accessories, such as baggers, carts, and snowblowers, to enhance the versatility of these lawn tractors.
- The company offers a comprehensive warranty for the LT133, LT155, and LT166, ensuring peace of mind for owners.
- These models are compatible with the John Deere MowerPlus app, allowing users to monitor and control their lawn tractors using a smartphone.
- Change engine oil and oil filter every 50 hours of operation or annually, whichever comes first.
- Replace the air filter every 100 hours of operation or annually, depending on operating conditions.
- Check and clean the spark plug every 100 hours of operation or annually.
- Inspect the transmission drive belt every 200 hours of operation or annually.
- Lubricate the mower deck spindles and pivot points every 10 hours of operation.
- Check tire pressure regularly and adjust as needed.
General Maintenance Tips:
Follow the recommended maintenance schedule outlined in the manual for optimal performance.
Keep the mower deck clean to prevent grass buildup and maintain cutting efficiency.
Regularly inspect and tighten all nuts, bolts, and fasteners to ensure a secure and safe operation.
Store the lawn tractor in a clean and dry environment to prevent rust and corrosion.
Common Issues and Solutions:
Engine not starting: Check the battery charge and connections, ensure proper fuel flow, and inspect the spark plug for wear or fouling.
Poor cutting performance: Sharpen or replace the mower blades, adjust the cutting deck level, and clean the deck of any debris.
Uneven cutting: Check tire pressure and adjust if necessary, level the cutting deck, and ensure the mower blades are properly aligned.
Transmission issues: Check the drive belt for wear or damage, inspect the transmission fluid level, and ensure the transmission pulleys are functioning correctly.
Electrical problems: Inspect the wiring connections, fuses, and switches for any damage or loose connections.
Popular Tuning Tips or Modifications:
Install a mulching kit for improved grass clippings management and a cleaner lawn appearance.
Upgrade to a high-performance air filter for enhanced dust and debris filtration.
Consider installing LED headlights for better visibility during low-light conditions.
Replace the standard tires with turf tires for improved traction and minimal impact on the lawn.
Available Accessories and Aftermarket Options:
Baggers and collection systems for efficient grass clipping disposal.
Rear-mounted attachments, such as carts, spreaders, and sprayers, for enhanced versatility.
Snowblower attachments for clearing snow during winter months.
Blade sharpening kits and replacement blades for maintaining cutting performance.
Seat covers, sun shades, and storage covers to protect the lawn tractor.
Owner Reviews and Opinions:
Reliable engine performance and power.
Excellent cutting quality and even distribution of clippings.
Comfortable and ergonomic operator station.
Durable construction and long-lasting components.
Versatility with a range of available attachments.
Some owners mention occasional issues with the transmission.
Higher maintenance costs compared to smaller, residential lawn mowers.
Limited speed options for faster lawn care.
Repairs that Need to be Carried Out Most Frequently:
The most common repairs:
- Replacement of drive belts.
- Repair or replacement of deck spindles and bearings.
- Maintenance or replacement of the carburetor.
- Electrical system repairs, such as wiring issues or switch replacements.
- Engine tune-ups, including spark plug replacement and carburetor adjustments.
Click the green button to initiate the download of your detailed shop handbook, available in PDF format, for the maintenance of your John Deere lawn tractor. Purchase it securely through the RepairLoader marketplace using PayPal for a convenient transaction experience. Once your payment is complete, your official John Deere OEM shop manual and parts list download link will be instantly available on the checkout page. Furthermore, we will promptly send you an email containing all payment and download information for your convenience.